Mahomes passed all tests last night, appears to be pinched nerve, not a concussion

Albany,n.y.

13 minutes ago, spartacus said:
20 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

It wasn't a choke hold.  See the video linked and here is a post the doctor made specifically addressing that Patrick did not get choked-out by a choke hold.

what he said about extended limbs 

Don Bebee had a concussion and he was on his back with his arm straight up in the air. 

Nuttin to worry about ;););) 

this pinched nerve stuff is absolutely bull ***** - look at him!!!!!!! 

Whatever, beat the man - but give me a break you care about player safety.  KC can piss on 500 million i guess - they dont give a ***** about him if they try to sell it that it was a pinched nerve...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

So let me ask anyone willing to answer.

If Mahomes doctor's come out and say it wasn't a concussion.  His head twisted in a way to pinch a nerve causing momentary dizziness and blackout. We put him in concussion protocol to ensure his safety and he passed all the tests in a short period of time and he is good to go.

Would you even believe them?  

37 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

It makes sense that he would go through the protocols to make sure he is ok. 

He's already had some pretty significant injuries in his young career. I hope Daboll is paying attention. Protect the franchise!

Better to punt on that play and have your QB for the rest of the game. 

IMO Mahomes came very close to a broken neck on that play. Watch the replay. It's scary the way the Browns player is twisting his neck with two hands on his helmet. We almost had something very, very bad happen to the NFL's biggest young star. 

It was a freak accident. You can't play not to lose the game, especially in the playoffs. It's a dangerous game.

2 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

If Mahomes doctor's come out and say it wasn't a concussion.  His head twisted in a way to pinch a nerve causing momentary dizziness and blackout. We put him in concussion protocol to ensure his safety and he passed all the tests in a short period of time and he is good to go.

If an independent doctor explained it in a way that could be backed up by case studies I probably would.

I searched Google for pinched nerves. Looks like it could linger, or be gone in a few days. 

Interestingly it said that it can cause numbness in arms and hands if it's in the neck. I'm having trouble buying the whole pinched nerve thing. Looked like a concussion to me but who knows. 

5 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

It depends on the amount of evidence to the contrary available from dubious sources on Facebook and Twitter, but my first thought is no, not even close.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

HELLLLLL NO.  Certain players/teams get certain treatments.  

If he can go without a headache - he is going.  The Bills know it.  Concussion or not.  Ive never seen a "pinched nerve" cause that....he was knocked the heck out!

28 minutes ago, Success said:

I'm glad he's playing.  This is kind of the match-up we've all been waiting for; I know some don't care, but I don't want to back into a game as big as the SB. I want the Bills to earn it.

So, if we beat the Chiefs without Mahomes, you wouldn't feel that the team actually earned it?

Not me!

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

Dr. Riccadeli, Dr. Semankowicz, Dr. Sullivan, Dr. Patel, Dr. Spikowski...yes, yes I would. 

Dr. Igor Gregyrovich...I’m sorry, too damn soon for me.  

• Like (+1) 1

I think everyone knew that with protocal that if the chiefs pulled that game out (which they did) Mahomes would miraculously make it through all the hoops to play this weekend.  

I mean, I dont care.  i think turf toe is going to end his career if that is what is going on with him hobbling around.  That doesnt look good either.  Definitely dinged up and not 100%

Cleveland just did not get aggressive when he went out on offense.  I have no idea what stifanski was seeing to make him feel those play calls with 8 minutes left would win him that game.  He coached to keep it close not win...

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I searched Google for pinched nerves. Looks like it could linger, or be gone in a few days. 

Interestingly it said that it can cause numbness in arms and hands if it's in the neck. I'm having trouble buying the whole pinched nerve thing. Looked like a concussion to me but who knows. 

Look - I get it, it is hard to buy considering a few variables. One is how violent football is in general and how often concussions occur.  Two. Mahomes history of concussions.  But just because it isn't likely, doesn't mean it isn't possible.

Link of Source   - this source might explain it as well.  

Pinch Nerve Link

i tried to explain that in my case in the gameday post yesterday, if i turn my head in a awkward way to the right or left - i sometimes can start blacking out a bit and get dizzy.   I actually thought it was more blood flow, not a nerve.  

2 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

So, if we beat the Chiefs without Mahomes, you wouldn't feel that the team actually earned it?

Not me!

I dont care if he plays or not either - win the game with him or without him.

if they want to play henne - ill take it!  Luck of the situation...i dont want to see mahomes hurt - but hey its an advantage you cant deny that

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bad Things said:

Not me!

Truthfully, I wouldn't give it a 2nd thought.  It's more the football fan in me that wants to see the highest-level match up, and see 2 great QB's battle for the right to go to the big game.

It wouldn't shock me if Mahomes/Allen becomes the Brady/Manning of this era.  Which would be great for football, and also make this game the start of a great & memorable rivalry.

• Like (+1) 1