Teams that won the SB without a strong running game - Daboll was a part of two of them

YoloinOhio

its a game of mismatches.

Maybe im giving Daboll too much credit - same as McDermott - but they knew they couldnt cover our air attack - soooooo 

WOW, rocket science, you go through the air!!!!!! 

But hey what do I know. I guess in order to be an "effective" team you have to run the ball - BUT we are a hail mary away from 12 game win streak - i think they know what they are doing.

Dont fix something that isnt broken.  

16 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Steelers game. Ran over 7 minutes off the clock.

Yeah it is kind of rare.

I did read somewhere that our O-line as a group graded above average in pass-pro, but well below average in run blocking.

We have more finese type linemen other than perhaps Mongo.

They have been able to nullify some of the league's premier pass rushers. I think when we add someone like TE Smith to the lineup we run better but we do give up some pass options.

Edited by WideNine

Just now, Drew21PA said:

its a game of mismatches.

Maybe im giving Daboll too much credit - same as McDermott - but they knew they couldnt cover our air attack - soooooo 

WOW, rocket science, you go through the air!!!!!! 

But hey what do I know. I guess in order to be an "effective" team you have to run the ball - BUT we are a hail mary away from 12 game win streak - i think they know what they are doing.

Dont fix something that isnt broken.  

They COULD cover our air attack though. Probably matched up better than just about any team with their 3 corners. Then you factor in the wind.  I mean 2 rushes in the 1st half is absurd (I’m not criticizing just fascinated)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I’m assuming Daboll didn’t run Josh against Baltimore like he did against Colts because Ravens are a more violent defense and he didn’t want to expose Josh to hits.  Short of a Timmy Smith coming out of nowhere, it’s gonna have to be Josh doing it all. 

I think it had more to do with exposing Josh to a defense that is the best at stripping the ball and that is Josh’s biggest weakness 

49 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Not having a healthy Beasley is messing Daboll's gameplan up right now. We've been using him all year in short yardage passing game that mimics a running game by moving the chains and chewing up clock. Much like the Pats* use to do when they had Welker and then Edelman. 

I agree Beasley and his ability to be open is *****in up Allen. I am wondering why we signed stills for the playoffs and aren’t running 5 wide. 

Sort of interesting how when teams put together long TD drives with only running plays, the reaction is often "Wow, they really rammed it down their throats and the other team couldn't stop them. They should do this all day."

...but if a team puts together long TD drives with only passes, the reaction is often "Wow, are they ever going to run the ball? They can't do this all day..."

Or is that a straw man and I'm making that up?

• Like (+1) 1

It is a passing league in a lot of ways. The screen and short passing game can help replace a ground game. I do think that Daboll nearly cost this team the game not running when the wind was clearly a huge detriment to the passing game. But I am not surprised to see Daboll at the helm of a successful unbalanced passing attack.

4 hours ago, TroutDog said:

They have done exactly this during this current year. Moss killed it. Can’t recall which game off the top of my head. 

Pittsburgh. And to a lesser degree Denver even tho they were up big.

• Like (+1) 1