Wyatt Teller 1 of the Best OG in NFL .

T master

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

He was with the team for 1 season. To say he had 'every chance' is a bit of a stretch.

He started 8 games with us, knew the offense, and then had all off season to make the team- let alone keep his job. He got beat out by Ike Boetger.

Edited by whatdrought

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

For some reason, there are guys that get in McD's doghouse.  Pufnstuf is the best current example of that.  Best pass-catching TE we have, but he's inactive every week.  Teller was just one of those guys.

Could you potentially mean guys who don’t play well? Seems like that’s what you mean.

I like guards like Teller that just maul people off the snap and just destroy people when they pull on sweeps and screens. He is a solid pass blocker but his run blocking is at elite levels now, maybe even the best in the NFL. It’s times like this were I wish I had a time machine.

46 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

I think that was because he did not fit  juan Castillo's system.  Man look at how bad of a hire he was.

So true, I bet if we had our current OL coach he would still be here. Castillo is doing another wonderful job with the Bears OL. I wanted Castillo fired almost as soon as he signed here. I cannot express how happy I am that he is gone.

12 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

That's based on PFF grades, which we all know the accuracy of those.  Decent player, but Cleve's line stinks in pass protecting, including Teller.

Exactly this is one perspective on player grading used and promoted by NBC as gospel. Seems to be a bit uneven as to its accuracy. Certainly Teller can run block. Is he an all pro ? Not sure. For whatever reason likely what Bills do vs Browns he has excelled. Callahan is a legend OL coach. Good for Teller! Bills can’t keep every good player. 

Edited by QLBillsFan

I saw Ali Marpet is the LG for Tampa, from NY, went to D-3 Hobart in the Bills territory.  How did we miss him? Stud. Did we have anyone scouting NY State then? We drafted Ronald Darby instead of him.  2015 SMH.

Edited by BearNorth

I think they just liked Ike Boettger better...or perhaps they had them neck and neck and were offered a pick for Teller. Now should we have kept Teller over Spencer Long? Yes obviously. But they wanted back ups to have versatility and that is why guys with position flexibility like Long and Ryan Bates were kept over Teller. But they obviously  really liked Boettger and you really can’t argue with his play. 

If you really want to feel better, the 6th round pick they got from Cleveland turned into Bass. The 5th rounder was part of the ammo to get Diggs. So yeah. Im okay with it. 

19 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think they just liked Ike Boettger better...or perhaps they had them neck and neck and were offered a pick for Teller. Now should we have kept Teller over Spencer Long? Yes obviously. But they wanted back ups to have versatility and that is why guys with position flexibility like Long and Ryan Bates were kept over Teller. But they obviously  really liked Boettger and you really can’t argue with his play. 

If you really want to feel better, the 6th round pick they got from Cleveland turned into Bass. The 5th rounder was part of the ammo to get Diggs. So yeah. Im okay with it. 

Per Eric Wood:  Boettger had cross trained himself to play all 5 positions as well.    FWIW, that may have tipped the scales.   I would have hated to see either Boettger or Teller dealt.   The bad decision to draft Cody Ford ultimately forced the choice.

15 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Who's pufnstuff lol? Kroft? I thought that was Dareus' nickname lol.

If it is Kroft, I don't think he's in McD's doghouse ... he simply has been outcompeted by a younger/stronger version of himself in Knox, and when they want to go blocking first he can't compete with Smith and Gilliam. Kroft performed fine when he got a chance, and I've seen him cheerleading on the sidelines. He's the offensive Trent Murphy. (I would be jumping up and down too if I were making that kind of money for that little work.)