Wyatt Teller 1 of the Best OG in NFL .

T master

When they picked Teller for some reason i just liked the guy i was hoping he would stay a Bill but because they felt they had others that would fit in quicker that he was expendable i wish even more now he would have stuck .

I've heard on broadcasts that he is considered one of the best offensive guards in the league which is awesome for him i think he would have been a great get to have on the Bills for a long time but things happen in the NFL .

I can't even remember why he was traded i don't think it was because he was a slacker could some one refresh my memory the circumstances around his trade.

I am just glad to here he is that highly regarded it's just to bad that Beane hit on another draft pick but it was for a different team !! 

I hope there hasn't been another post on this subject .

Teller is one of the best run blockers in the NFL. He is only average in pass pro. This offense is built for the pass and the line is built to pass protect. Would he start for us currently? Yep, I'm sure he would. But is he a huge mistake? Not for what we want to do and where his strengths are. 

2 minutes ago, 298Woody said:

We also let Logan Thomas go to excel in Washington.

After he failed at Detroit as well in the meantime you mean....?

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

For some reason, there are guys that get in McD's doghouse.  Pufnstuf is the best current example of that.  Best pass-catching TE we have, but he's inactive every week.  Teller was just one of those guys.

Who's pufnstuff lol? Kroft? I thought that was Dareus' nickname lol.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

He couldn’t make our team.... why is it so hard for people to realize that sometimes guys just need a reset?

he wasn’t good last year for the browns, and then when stefanski and Bill Callahan came in something clicked for him. 

He had every chance to succeed here and he couldn’t hack it.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1

Ah, the legend of Wyatt Teller continues to grow.  Yes, this has been covered numerous times.  

He is good.   One of the best?   Probably not.  

He was 4th on our depth chart at that time and his pass blocking was considered barely average. He is gone now and his picks were used as partial pay for Diggs.  

let’s move on.  

• Like (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

He couldn’t make our team.... why is it so hard for people to realize that sometimes guys just need a reset?

he wasn’t good last year for the browns, and then when stefanski and Bill Callahan came in something clicked for him. 

He was with the team for 1 season. To say he had 'every chance' is a bit of a stretch.

• Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Well Callahan is a hell of a line coach always has been. But also the run heavy and zone blocking scheme is perfect for Teller.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

They have a lineman friendly scheme.  Also, his pass blocking is meh.  He was thrown into Mayfields lap on this last pass as well.  He is miles behind the kid from Indy who is the best guard in the sport.  I would take Mangos versitility over Tellers runblocking.  Buffalo is a pass first team.

20 minutes ago, mattynh said:

The Bills had an abundance of interior OL at that time.  Too many to keep so they traded a couple for picks.  In hindsight, they traded the wrong guy in this case.  No one gets to live with a time travel machine however.

True i wish we did have a crystal ball though because looking back given what happened with Spain i wish he would have been the one they traded instead i just liked the Teller pick and was rooting for him while he was here and still will as long as they aren't playing the Bills !! 

I was all set to bring some things up in this thread but gunner Bill has covered both points I wanted to make quite well with teller and Logan Thomas. 
Id like to add with Logan that he had a great season, but he had 90+ targets in their offense. Someone has to put up stats in a team with very few weapons. Knox arguably could make a huge impact with 90+ targets in a season and put up good numbers. Logan can’t do much here with 2 targets a game. 

14 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

That's based on PFF grades, which we all know the accuracy of those.  Decent player, but Cleve's line stinks in pass protecting, including Teller.

Bingo. 

If you look at the Bills oline we have very solid pass protection lineman but maybe aren't the best in the run game.

Teller didn't fit the mold we were building. Great run blocker and poor pass blocker 

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Teller is one of the best run blockers in the NFL. He is only average in pass pro. This offense is built for the pass and the line is built to pass protect. Would he start for us currently? Yep, I'm sure he would. But is he a huge mistake? Not for what we want to do and where his strengths are. 

After he failed at Detroit as well in the meantime you mean....?

I'm a day one believer of Beane, especially so after the Watkins trade and everything he did despite all the teeth gnashing from the peanut gallery after his year one moves.  With that said, the Teller trade for me was one of the more disappointing moves (not in hindsight) but at that actual time.  He was known in college to have that mean nasty streak and in training camp.  He did struggle against the pass as you mentioned but my thoughts were that he had the potential to be a good guard in this league.  Never did I think he'd be All Pro but I did believe he could be a good one.  It's ok, I won't continue to belabor the point and second guess Beane because everything he does is methodically calculated which I love in decision makers but if I had to choose one move that I second guessed at the time it was trading away Teller.   Kudos to Cleveland for targeting Teller in that trade.