Missing that new coach and GM excitement

The “first kiss” analogy doesn’t work here.

I think the more apt analogy is this— hiring a new coach or GM is like filing for bankruptcy and having to start over. Your Credit is terrible, you still owe a bunch of money, you have a lot of problems, and your future prospects are risky and unknown. No thanks. 

19 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

As opposed to being out of on the fringes of in the hunt by Thanksgiving...

Some years and some teams it's Columbus Day.  Can I still say that? 🤔

EDIT: Indigenous Peoples' Day, now I'm inclusive.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

If there was one thing that always brought  a ton of excitement it was the process of searching for a new coach and GM. I look around at all of these other teams and read the news about interviews and new coaches addressing the media and we’re here with all this continuity.

It’s almost like realizing I may never get that first kiss again. I’m in year 4 of a marriage, and sure we’re doing new things and it’s still exciting at times, but it’s the same person. I may be stuck for life with the same person.

I guess I’ll TRY to focus on and get pumped for the AFC Championship game instead of focusing on what other teams are doing.

Me too

2 hours ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

If there was one thing that always brought  a ton of excitement it was the process of searching for a new coach and GM. I look around at all of these other teams and read the news about interviews and new coaches addressing the media and we’re here with all this continuity.

It’s almost like realizing I may never get that first kiss again. I’m in year 4 of a marriage, and sure we’re doing new things and it’s still exciting at times, but it’s the same person. I may be stuck for life with the same person.

I guess I’ll TRY to focus on and get pumped for the AFC Championship game instead of focusing on what other teams are doing.

That's...sarcasm, right?

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The “first kiss” analogy doesn’t work here.

I think the more apt analogy is this— hiring a new coach or GM is like filing for bankruptcy and having to start over. Your Credit is terrible, you still owe a bunch of money, you have a lot of problems, and your future prospects are risky and unknown. No thanks. 

Yeah, but you never know. The person you’re sharing that new first kiss with could be bat crazy or have a foot fetish or something.

31 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's...sarcasm, right?

Yes.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

You forgot to mention dreaming about the upcoming draft and free agent period.

And attempts to manufacture "excitement" over the upcoming QB "battle" in TC between the ageless 3rd tier veteran FA, young average QB with "potential", and the middling career backup drafted in the 3rd round 7 yrs earlier who hasn't had the success (yet) that was expected of him

I get that the OP is being facetious, but this thread relates to another general point about the team right now.

When times are bad and everything is in upheaval, it is really interesting and there is a lot to talk about as a sports fan.

When the team is playing like this, there is almost nothing to talk about and it is not nearly as interesting.  But it's also a lot more fun.  

I've been through this before when we were going to Super Bowls and when my Red Sox started winning World Series in the 2000s.

You have to pick: interesting and getting killed; boring but fun.  I think we all prefer the latter, ultimately.

3 hours ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

This thread looks just as bad as the litter did after the game at the drive thru