Missing that new coach and GM excitement

If there was one thing that always brought  a ton of excitement it was the process of searching for a new coach and GM. I look around at all of these other teams and read the news about interviews and new coaches addressing the media and we’re here with all this continuity.

It’s almost like realizing I may never get that first kiss again. I’m in year 4 of a marriage, and sure we’re doing new things and it’s still exciting at times, but it’s the same person. I may be stuck for life with the same person.

I guess I’ll TRY to focus on and get pumped for the AFC Championship game instead of focusing on what other teams are doing.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 21

26 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

If there was one thing that always brought  a ton of excitement it was the process of searching for a new coach and GM. I look around at all of these other teams and read the news about interviews and new coaches addressing the media and we’re here with all this continuity.

It’s almost like realizing I may never get that first kiss again. I’m in year 4 of a marriage, and sure we’re doing new things and it’s still exciting at times, but it’s the same person. I may be stuck for life with the same person.

I guess I’ll TRY to focus on and get pumped for the AFC Championship game instead of focusing on what other teams are doing.

I heard those skanky NY Jets are looking for fans, if you’re interested.

• Haha (+1) 1

the grass isn't always greener my bills fan friend.  franchise players do not grow on trees and neither do franchise general managers or coaches.  they are rare birds indeed.  we are fortunate to not need the excitement and hope that comes from rebuilding.  we are in a much better place.  rest your excitement on the things that this team has yet to achieve.  

44 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

You forgot to mention dreaming about the upcoming draft and free agent period.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

Evabody funny.  Now you funny too. 🤨

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

I don’t think this coaching cycle is very good so I’m even more thankful to have our guys in place. 

Somehow we might escape with our front office and staff still in place. Which is crazy. I fully expected to lose 2-3 guys from our front office so far 

• Agree 1

It is very strange having your GM, Your coach, and your QB all set for years to come.  No wonder the Patriots were good for so long.  Look at all the other things you can concentrate on if you are set at the big 3!

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

You forgot to mention dreaming about the upcoming draft and free agent period.

And the all-important Rex-factor: winning the off-season!

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

You need to talk to your wife about spouse swapping.  I hope you have a good laywer and good prenuptial agreement.  Now might be time to start squirreling away assets. 

43 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Yeah, sometimes I wish I could go back to being a virgin again, wondering if and when I'll ever get lucky, how good it'll be, how hot she is ...

On second thought ... naaaaah.

Tell us again about that girl from Siberia you were dating, Cal. You know, the one with the breast that felt like a bag of sand when you were touching it. 😂

Are we really going to waste time with a b*** s*** thread like this when we have the golden opportunity to sign Chris Hogan to get us over this WR hump for the Super Bowl run?!

Why do I even spend my time in here?  I have a Sony Walkman, for crying out loud.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 2