Today we settle all family business...

eball

44 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Please add:

Ā 

• eball is a nut job for thinking the Bills can win 12 games, let alone 12+.

Ā 

I also said Saturday's game wouldn't be all that stressful in the 4th quarter...just sayin'

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Ā 

@eballĀ Can family businessĀ be resolved beforeĀ you repentĀ for dropping your 27 year season tickets in frustration in the offseason whenĀ McDermott was hired?

Ā 

This thread may need psychoanalysis.

Ā 

Any hot take brought up that has been or seems extinguished in this thread comes down to one thing............ the drafting and maturation of Josh Allen.

Ā 

The Bills don't have the best roster or cap situation in the league........sometimes they are still going to get outcoached at very inconvenient times(see two weeks ago)........players, coaches and personnel people just look A LOT smarter when they have one of the top 3Ā QB's in the entire league on their side.

Ā 

And that's what Josh Allen is right now.

Ā 

Why not bring up "wrong Josh"........ perhaps because you were a "wrong Josh" guy?

Ā 

Put this team and 2019Ā Josh Allen up against this schedule and the season would have been over in plenty of time for "loyal" fans to take a few games off before Xmas.šŸ¤­

Ā 

As @RicoĀ implied every time a regime changed were we subjected to someone posting something like this to callĀ Donahoe/Greggo/Jauron/Chan/Buddy/Whaley etc.. apologists out? Ā  Ā No. Ā  We just mocked you guys individually.šŸ˜™

Ā 

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Ā 

I will hold my hands up to this one. This will be the first offseason in 3 I don't have Bojo "on the bubble". He hasn't had to punt much but there has only been one horrible "WTF" shank moment and he has definitely improved as a holder and ball spinner for FGs. Bojo has had a really good year. He is our punter for the foreseeable I think. And it wasn't only me who felt like that... the Bills have tried to bring in legit competition the past two offseasons. I bet this year they just sign a UDFA punter and release him at the end of camp and there is never a "competition".Ā 

Maybe, not sure he is definitely the long term solution.....and if he is he will get paid decently as a punter.Ā  Competition is always good to bring in for a a guy like a punter, if you can find a rookie who performs well on rookie type deal you can safe yourself.Ā  The cap will become an issue once Josh gets his deal.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Well that used to be what you could do with the Bills. Just criticize every move they make, because you knew eventually they would screw it up.

Ā 

But that mentality doesn't work anymore, so fans and media have exercise a little more critical thinking.

Ā 

See this is true. But actually a lot of those moves were criticised at the time because they were bad. It wasn't just easy, often it came with critical thinking attached. It was right. We made a litany of awful moves. The nadir was the Pegulas hiring Rex Ryan. A disaster so predictable in its awfulness.Ā 

Ā 

Luckily two years later they made a great decision on McDermott and the trajectory of this organisation changed.

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Ā 

See this is true. But actually a lot of those moves were criticised at the time because they were bad. It wasn't just easy, often it came with critical thinking attached. It was right. We made a litany of awful moves. The nadir was the Pegulas hiring Rex Ryan. A disaster so predictable in its awfulness.Ā 

Ā 

Luckily two years later they made a great decision on McDermott and the trajectory of this organisation changed.

Rex hire wasnā€™t the nadir, just the beginning of the end. That move ended up being a big wake-up call for Pegs to tossĀ all of Ralphā€™s trash to the curb, and here we are. Once again, bless you Pegs.

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Ā 

Ā 

Oh, I agree. There were plenty of bad moves to criticize.

1 minute ago, Rico said:

Rex hire wasnā€™t the nadir, just the beginning of the end. That move ended up being a big wake-up call for Pegs to tossĀ all of Ralphā€™s trash to the curb, and here we are. Once again, bless you Pegs.

Ā 

Oh no. It was the worst of all the moves.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Ā 

He would. Rex was Terry's choice.Ā 

Iā€™m not sure if he gets an interview without support from the Stooges.

Ā 

In any event, Ralph and all things Ralph were by far the biggest problem.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Ā 

Oh no. It was the worst of all the moves.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

You and @RicoĀ are both right.

Ā 

Rex was like Jauron and Gailey rolled into one..........a conservativeĀ gameday coach but with a totallyĀ undisciplined, unaccountableĀ culture.

Ā 

Too many Bills fans......especially the younger ones.........Ā ate that sh*t up..........it was their dream to have a bunch of irreverentĀ leadersĀ the likes of Stevie Johnson and Rex lead the organization to a SB. Ā  Ā But if they couldn't do that.......as long as they could break the rules that would suffice! Ā  Ā The birth of the Bills mafia moniker was defending absolute nonsense from SJ13 so Rex was a perfect counter-culture fit for the dysfunctional organization.

Ā 

All that being said........it hasn't been one home run after another in decision making at OBD since McD arrived.........especially the first two years there were a ton of bad ones..........but when you get a top of the league QB you just may end up with situations where people can justify 3 years of big money toĀ Trent Murphy by pointing out that he made an excellent play in a playoff game. Ā :rolleyes:

Ā 

Ā 

7 hours ago, eball said:

I believe the time is now to put to rest some of the more prominent ā€œtruthsā€ that have been spoken, here and elsewhere, regarding the McDermott and Beane Bills. Ā Feel free to add to the list as you see fit.

Ā 

• It was a colossalĀ mistake not to draft Mahomes in 2017 that will forever haunt the franchise and McDā€™s legacy
  • McD is a defensive coach who wants to win games 17-13 and doesnā€™t understand offense
  • Beane doesnā€™t know how to evaluate offensive talent
  • Anyone can see Josh Allen wonā€™t be a successful NFL QB because of his college stats
  • AcCuRacY for a QB canā€™t be improved
  • McD is Belichickā€™s b-i-t-c-h
  • McD canā€™t beat good teams
  • McD canā€™t win in the playoffs
  • ā€The Processā€ is b.s. and culture doesnā€™t matter in the NFL
  • McD is a terrible game day coach
  • Diggs is a diva and Beane gave up too much

Ā 

Edit:Ā  forgot a big one:

Ā 

• Daboll is a terribleĀ OC

Ā 

A common thread among these frequently uttered takes is the notion that players/coaches/GMs "are who they are" and are therefore incapable of growth, learning, and development.Ā  It's a fatally flawed and pessimistic way of looking at humanity.

Ā 

Time to unite as Bills Mafia behind this amazing team and organization, and recognize that many/most ā€œhot takesā€ are just that.

Ā 

Cheers and GO BILLS!!!

Ā 

Ā 

Up to this point in the season I've gotten a few things wrong, but the season isn't over yet -- so atonement and/or owning things that I got wrong seems premature at this juncture.

Ā 

Having written that, two things:

1. Can this thread keep rolling until the Bills finish their run this season?
  2. This team has *far* exceeded where I thought they would be in mid January 2021.

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Ā 

Ā 

You and @RicoĀ are both right.

Ā 

Rex was like Jauron and Gailey rolled into one..........a conservativeĀ gameday coach but with a totallyĀ undisciplined, unaccountableĀ culture.

Ā 

Too many Bills fans......especially the younger ones.........Ā ate that sh*t up..........it was their dream to have a bunch of irreverentĀ leadersĀ the likes of Stevie Johnson and Rex lead the organization to a SB. Ā  Ā But if they couldn't do that.......as long as they could break the rules that would suffice! Ā  Ā The birth of the Bills mafia moniker was defending absolute nonsense from SJ13 so Rex was a perfect counter-culture fit for the dysfunctional organization.

Ā 

All that being said........it hasn't been one home run after another in decision making at OBD since McD arrived.........especially the first two years there were a ton of bad ones..........but when you get a top of the league QB you just may end up with situations where people can justify 3 years of big money toĀ Trent Murphy by pointing out that he made an excellent play in a playoff game. Ā :rolleyes:

Ā 

Ā 

It's fun to analyze all the moves. I don't write too much about them when the team is doing good, but I sure do read everyone's takes.

Ā 

To me though, I always look at the bottom line. Playoffs 3 out of 4 years after 17 years of absolute trash... completely reversing the stench of losing & the organization being the laughing stock of the league. And right now, in the AFC Championship game with the arrow pointing straight up... I could not be more happy and pleased with this regime. If drafting & developing Josh is the biggest reason for this, I have no problem with it, not at all. :D