Today we settle all family business...

eball

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Will agree with all others, but year 1-3 there was no if's and or buts that he wanted to win games 17-13 and they were terrible on offense 30,29 & 24th.  I've also praised him for figuring it out this year.

The Process is Bull....  Good coaching, ethic and management.  

I'm a Toronto Raptors fan....  Thankfully I never had to hear the word Process.  Drives me crazy.

When you don't have the pieces to win a shoot out you settle for just winning any way you can

Now the Bills can win any way they want and thats nice to have as a HC.

Trust the Process :)

Edited by JMF2006

47 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Why the hell is Corey Bojorquez still on this team!? He will lose games for us.

I will hold my hands up to this one. This will be the first offseason in 3 I don't have Bojo "on the bubble". He hasn't had to punt much but there has only been one horrible "WTF" shank moment and he has definitely improved as a holder and ball spinner for FGs. Bojo has had a really good year. He is our punter for the foreseeable I think. And it wasn't only me who felt like that... the Bills have tried to bring in legit competition the past two offseasons. I bet this year they just sign a UDFA punter and release him at the end of camp and there is never a "competition". 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Will agree with all others, but year 1-3 there was no if's and or buts that he wanted to win games 17-13 and they were terrible on offense 30,29 & 24th.  I've also praised him for figuring it out this year.

Could it be that the players on offense stunk and our only option was to play it close to the vest and hope the defense can prevent our opponents from scoring more points than we did?

Could it be that McD had it figured out all along, and the increase of our offensive performance (and his willingness to take risks) is directly proportional to the increase of the quality of his players on the field?

I honestly believe his "blueprint" for building the Bills was to incrementally increase the skill level of each position group little by little while devising game plans each week to use the players we had/have to the best of their abilities. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, JMF2006 said:

When you don't have the pieces to win a shoot out you settle for just winning any way you can

No the Bills can win any way they want and thats nice to have as a HC.

Exactly. If we were throwing it around the yard with Tyrod as our Quarterback we'd have been a 4 win football team. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

I believe the time is now to put to rest some of the more prominent “truths” that have been spoken, here and elsewhere, regarding the McDermott and Beane Bills.  Feel free to add to the list as you see fit.

• It was a colossal mistake not to draft Mahomes in 2017 that will forever haunt the franchise and McD’s legacy
  • McD is a defensive coach who wants to win games 17-13 and doesn’t understand offense
  • Beane doesn’t know how to evaluate offensive talent
  • Anyone can see Josh Allen won’t be a successful NFL QB because of his college stats
  • AcCuRacY for a QB can’t be improved
  • McD is Belichick’s b-i-t-c-h
  • McD can’t beat good teams
  • McD can’t win in the playoffs
  • ”The Process” is b.s. and culture doesn’t matter in the NFL
  • McD is a terrible game day coach
  • Diggs is a diva and Beane gave up too much

Edit:  forgot a big one:

• Daboll is a terrible OC

A common thread among these frequently uttered takes is the notion that players/coaches/GMs "are who they are" and are therefore incapable of growth, learning, and development.  It's a fatally flawed and pessimistic way of looking at humanity.

Time to unite as Bills Mafia behind this amazing team and organization, and recognize that many/most “hot takes” are just that.

Cheers and GO BILLS!!!

Nice post.... goes hand-in-hand though with all the nonsense I read in here during the drought years. :D

15 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I truly don’t think many are embarrassed or willing to grow and change how they view these things. The knee-jerking will continue. Ugh. 

It stems from many people topping out intellectually in their junior year of high school. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, mattynh said:

It’s an inaccurate keyboard.  He will have to buy a new one because inaccurate keyboards never get better 

Ah!  Thank you for the explanation, I have seen that style of typing and was never sure what the author was trying to convey.  There have been a lot of those the past few years. 🤔

14 minutes ago, Rico said:

Nice post.... goes hand-in-hand though with all the nonsense I read in here during the drought years. :D

And as I've said many times...there's a difference between being a fan and hoping things will work out, and actually predicting success.  Reasonable fans hoping for success during the drought were repeatedly and consistently mocked and ridiculed when most of us already knew the team/organization was bad.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, eball said:

And as I've said many times...there's a difference between being a fan and hoping things will work out, and actually predicting success.  Reasonable fans hoping for success during the drought were repeatedly and consistently mocked and ridiculed when most of us already knew the team/organization was bad.

Hoping was one thing, but defending the indefensible was another.

Regardless, I will say:

Thank you McD!

Thank you Beane!

Bless you Pegs!

and ***** everyone that came before you!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rico said:

Hoping was one thing, but defending the indefensible was another.

Regardless, I will say:

Thank you McD!

Thank you Beane!

Bless you Pegs!

and ***** everyone that came before you!

Let me qualify this,

***** everyone from the drought years (still love Polian, et all).

People just make snap judgements. They are often unwilling to change their opinions until they have been thoroughly embarrassed. They point to the few times their snap judgements happened to be correct as justification.

The way to guard against this is to keep an open mind, give the benefit of the doubt, and to not make final, unequivocal statements (especially in game day threads).

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

People just make snap judgements. They are often unwilling to change their opinions until they have been thoroughly embarrassed. They point to the few times their snap judgements happened to be correct as justification.

The way to guard against this is to keep an open mind, give the benefit of the doubt, and to not make final, unequivocal statements (especially in game day threads).

Most of the time you can be correct, for instance if you just poopoo every QB coming out of college, you will almost always be "right"

Just now, mattynh said:

Most of the time you can be correct, for instance if you just poopoo every QB coming out of college, you will almost always be "right"

Well that used to be what you could do with the Bills. Just criticize every move they make, because you knew eventually they would screw it up.

But that mentality doesn't work anymore, so fans and media have exercise a little more critical thinking.