Today we settle all family business...

eball

47 minutes ago, eball said:

I believe the time is now to put to rest some of the more prominent “truths” that have been spoken, here and elsewhere, regarding the McDermott and Beane Bills.  Feel free to add to the list as you see fit.

• It was a colossal mistake not to draft Mahomes in 2017 that will forever haunt the franchise and McD’s legacy
  • McD is a defensive coach who wants to win games 17-13 and doesn’t understand offense
  • Beane doesn’t know how to evaluate offensive talent
  • Anyone can see Josh Allen won’t be a successful NFL QB because of his college stats
  • AcCuRacY for a QB can’t be improved
  • McD is Belichick’s b-i-t-c-h
  • McD can’t beat good teams
  • McD can’t win in the playoffs
  • ”The Process” is b.s. and culture doesn’t matter in the NFL
  • McD is a terrible game day coach
  • Diggs is a diva and Beane gave up too much

Time to unite as Bills Mafia behind this amazing team and organization, and recognize that many/most “hot takes” are just that.

Cheers and GO BILLS!!!

Daboll sucks, we can't score in the 3rd QTR.

Their Point Differential was -4 

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Magox said:
  • McDermott is a conservative football coach - He is like Jauron
  • Beane made a huge mistake trading away Dareus and Watkins 
  • Beane has no plan or is incapable of bringing in good WR's and weapons for Josh Allen

Fire Dabol he's a terrible play caller way to conservative .

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Will agree with all others, but year 1-3 there was no if's and or buts that he wanted to win games 17-13 and they were terrible on offense 30,29 & 24th.  I've also praised him for figuring it out this year.

The Process is Bull....  Good coaching, ethic and management.  

I'm a Toronto Raptors fan....  Thankfully I never had to hear the word Process.  Drives me crazy.

Good coaching, ethics, and management is the process... so you must be in the crazy house most of the time... 😂

Go Bills!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Will agree with all others, but year 1-3 there was no if's and or buts that he wanted to win games 17-13 and they were terrible on offense 30,29 & 24th.  I've also praised him for figuring it out this year.

The Process is Bull....  Good coaching, ethic and management.  

I'm a Toronto Raptors fan....  Thankfully I never had to hear the word Process.  Drives me crazy.

and you wonder why people can't take you seriously.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

I believe the time is now to put to rest some of the more prominent “truths” that have been spoken, here and elsewhere, regarding the McDermott and Beane Bills.  Feel free to add to the list as you see fit.

• It was a colossal mistake not to draft Mahomes in 2017 that will forever haunt the franchise and McD’s legacy
  • McD is a defensive coach who wants to win games 17-13 and doesn’t understand offense
  • Beane doesn’t know how to evaluate offensive talent
  • Anyone can see Josh Allen won’t be a successful NFL QB because of his college stats
  • AcCuRacY for a QB can’t be improved
  • McD is Belichick’s b-i-t-c-h
  • McD can’t beat good teams
  • McD can’t win in the playoffs
  • ”The Process” is b.s. and culture doesn’t matter in the NFL
  • McD is a terrible game day coach
  • Diggs is a diva and Beane gave up too much

Edit:  forgot a big one:

• Daboll is a terrible OC

A common thread among these frequently uttered takes is the notion that players/coaches/GMs "are who they are" and are therefore incapable of growth, learning, and development.  It's a fatally flawed and pessimistic way of looking at humanity.

Time to unite as Bills Mafia behind this amazing team and organization, and recognize that many/most “hot takes” are just that.

Cheers and GO BILLS!!!

I'm still stuck on "it was a colossal mistake to trade up and draft TJ Graham while Russ Wilson was still on the board"

That, and we should never have traded Darryl Lamonica

Don't jinx us with your #1 "truth" that's all I'll say.

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Does this mean I can stop standing at attention anytime anyone mentions the University of Alabama's Robert Foster?  At least let me stop playing the recording of the Alabama fight song.

Yes, but you still need to say "Roll Tide!"

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, teef said:

and you wonder why people can't take you seriously.

Sure tell me how year's 1-3 we saw anything that said MCD was concerned about the offense.

And yes I found the word Process a Bills created mantra.  I have applauded the Management, coaching and GM.  

There were stumbles, but yes we're all excited.

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sure tell me how year's 1-3 we saw anything that said MCD was concerned about the offense.

And yes I found the word Process a Bills created mantra.  I have applauded the Management, coaching and GM.  

There were stumbles, but yes we're all excited.

year one was with tyrod, and years 2 and 3 were with a very young, very raw josh allen.  what you think changed from this year from the last 3 years?

and for a grown man, you just can't handle hearing certain things.  buck up big guy.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, teef said:

year one was with tyrod, and years 2 and 3 were with a very young, very raw josh allen.  what you think changed from this year from the last 3 years?

and for a grown man, you just can't handle hearing certain things.  buck up big guy.

Great response.  Sometimes people disagree.... 

BTW Tyrod was the QB in 2016 and the Bills Offense was 16th in the league & 30th the next year.

McD then started Peterman vs. SD in 2017 & then doubled down on him in 2018.  That tells me all I need to know. Case closed....

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

eball, you hit the nail on the head👍

There have been many dozens of knee jerk hot takes about the HC & GM, those threads and posts have made their authors look more than silly repeatedly.  As we have all certainly seen, the majority of that cohort has faded away as they very likely feel the embarrassment they have brought upon themselves. 

Go Bills!!!

I truly don’t think many are embarrassed or willing to grow and change how they view these things. The knee-jerking will continue. Ugh. 

31 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Great response.  Sometimes people disagree.... 

BTW Tyrod was the QB in 2016 and the Bills Offense was 16th in the league & 30th the next year.

McD then started Peterman vs. SD in 2017 & then doubled down on him in 2018.  That tells me all I need to know. Case closed....

and what exactly does this tell you?

you insist that the offense was low scoring those years because the coaching staff wanted it to be that way.  isn't it far more logical to think the circumstances dictated that vs want?  so...what changed from last year to this year?  did mcd suddenly wake up wanting to score more points?  

the bills offense was 16th due to rushing if anything.  you wanted a passing offense, and mcd gave it to you.  

Edited by teef
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

A common thread among these frequently uttered takes is the notion that players/coaches/GMs "are who they are" and are therefore incapable of growth, learning, and development.  It's a fatally flawed and pessimistic way of looking at humanity.

Cheers and GO BILLS!!!

This is the thing right here.  They identify players who they believe will take ownership in making themselves better.  Ones that have the drive to do so (which is definitely not all of them ... Dareus?  Mike Williams? ) and they provide them with the tools and training to facilitate that.  Players come here and get better, consistently.  We are getting high value out of late round picks, consistently.  This is a sustainable track.  We are set up for a great, long term run here.  Buckle up folks.

Edited by Mark80
  • Agree 1