When is the NFL going to give Mafia the Walter Payton award?

taglientep

With all of the donating it’s pretty obvious that we are a fan base like none other.  Yes I understand we do some crazy stuff too but when in we can, we show up and donate our dollars and our support.   Maybe we don’t get the man of the year award but some kind of mention. What are your thoughts?

If you need to be patted on the back for charitable giving it loses the point all together. That and it’s a players award. 

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Understood.  But do good for the sake of doing good, not for the accolades it might bring.

Fair. Ian’s I agree.  Of all people in the world I understand that.   But it is unique, different and worthy of a mention.  If anything it might motivate other fan bases to do the same.  The net benefit would only be positive 

Hey if I’m wrong I’m wrong. I can admit that.  It’s awesome what we do and proud of the fact.  Hope the same sentiment spreads all over the nfl and it makes the country a better place 

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Understood.  But do good for the sake of doing good, not for the accolades it might bring.

But then why have the Walter Payton award at all? 
We don't want the recognition as a pat on the back - we want the recognition to inspire other fan bases also in other sports to do the same

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsIsrael said:

But then why have the Walter Payton award at all? 
We don't want the recognition as a pat on the back - we want the recognition to inspire other fan bases also in other sports to do the same

The award is a marketing concept primarily. Last year Myles Garret uses a helmet as a weapon to hit a helmetless player. This year he is proposed as WP player of the year.  

The actual Walter Payton was a great guy who did things before the award was invented.  I applaud the players for doing good works. Most likely would without the recognition.  But from the NFL perspective is mostly a marketing tool. 

• Like (+1) 1

That would definitely be awesome because most of the Bills Mafia are great except those morons that were fighting in the stands at the game and it would be a first if they did allow that but that would be one heck of a lot of trophies to hand out 😂.

When it comes to the Best Fans in the NFL voting there sure needs to be a change in the thought process it should encompass the kind of things the Bills fans do like the donations not just biggest & best tail gate parties in the NFL which we win hands down .

Where would you rathe be a fan than Right Here Right Now !!! GO BILLS !! Go BUFFALO !! 

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

To be fair doing something like that is a much more anonymous acknowledgement, and if it got fan bases competing would be a much bigger contribution than any ONE GUY out there.  If they added a fan base award I cant even imagine how many extra people might pitch in, just cause its a fun idea. I think its a great idea personally, and def not "oh **** off" worthy lol damn you'd think the bills got blown out Saturday around here

• Like (+1) 1