Lions to hire Dan Campbell

Reed83HOF

2 hours ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

Really? You cringed at Rex's pc? I hated the hire and hated Rex but actually (and wrongly) started to like him and his being an entertainer at first, until he started to actually coach and then when he started to brag about stupid things like "we won the pre-season" or whatever it was.

Yeah, as soon as he said "is this on, it's waiting to get on" I just thought he was a buffoon. He was entertaining and I knew he'd give us some national spotlight which we hadn't had in a long time but I was also cringing the whole time and for the whole time he was coach

This hire is maybe great for 1970 when the goal was to matriculate the ball down the field and toughness actually counted for something when you could head slap, horse collar, clothesline tackle and all the sh*t that used to be macho and fun to watch

Maybe someone in Detroit has heard that it's OK to pass the ball too and that the top teams in the league are really good at it.  Might be good to have a head coach that realizes that too

On 1/18/2021 at 12:48 AM, Yav said:

Not sure how this isn’t great news. 

1. it’s actually a great hire by Detroit

2. One less spot for Daboll 

Educate me.  Why is it a great hire by Detroit?

I heard his introductory press conference and thought “What if Rex Ryan and Greggo Williams each cohabited with a pit bull and the resulting hybrid puppies mated and had offspring and that offspring somehow grew up to be hired as Head Football Coach of the Detroit Lions?”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Educate me.  Why is it a great hire by Detroit?

I heard his introductory press conference and thought “What if Rex Ryan and Greggo Williams each cohabited with a pit bull and the resulting hybrid puppies mated and had offspring and that offspring somehow grew up to be hired as Head Football Coach of the Detroit Lions?”

I believe ***** and bestiality are against the CoC...

But, yes.  I agree.

7 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

I believe ***** and bestiality are against the CoC...

But, yes.  I agree.

The offspring should not be held responsible for the mating behavior of the parents, however bizarre and distasteful.  But DAMN!

On 1/17/2021 at 10:17 PM, Special K said:

You can only hire someone who is willing to be hired.

Why would any of the good coaching candidates want to go to the Lions??

They have to take what they can get. We experienced this in the lean years.

But we keep hearing that there are only 32 of these jobs so the guys who want them should be willing to jump at any they can get

On 1/18/2021 at 3:37 PM, warrior9 said:

Honestly, reminds me a lot of the McDermott hire. 

"Let's see, we don't know much about him but I like his philosophy to building a team and culture."

Seriously?  McDermott had experience as DC on two different teams, one of which was a top-2 and top-6 offense and went to the Super Bowl the year before he was hired.

And I’m sorry, but if that presser represents the guy’s personal coaching philosophy (which it should) then color me Avoidant

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

Really? You cringed at Rex's pc? I hated the hire and hated Rex but actually (and wrongly) started to like him and his being an entertainer at first, until he started to actually coach and then when he started to brag about stupid things like "we won the pre-season" or whatever it was.

I totally cringed at Rex’s presser but I thought he was a bloviating joke of a guy from reading “Collision Low Crossers”.  It was a parent at my daughter’s school chatting with me at a school party in MO who actually got me enthused and inspired by the hire.  Since that parent happens to have legit football cred dripping from his follicles to his toenails I walked away persuaded.  

After the NE game I changed my screenname from “Hopeful” to “Hapless”.  

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Process said:

He went too far. Crossed the line between tough / just some meathead trying way too hard. 

If I'm a lions fan I'm not excited at all after seeing that. 

i am baffled as to how they landed on this guy. They better hire some excellent coordinators under him or this could get ugly fast (even by Lions’ standards.)

6 hours ago, Process said:

He went too far. Crossed the line between tough / just some meathead trying way too hard. 

If I'm a lions fan I'm not excited at all after seeing that. 

i can see the eyes rolling on veteran players already. Jesus. This guy is a creton. 

Glad we don’t play the Lions next year; don’t need anyone taking shots at Josh’s knees. 

Edited by eball

7 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

I get knocked down! But I get up again! Then I'm gonna eat your knees for lunch!

He eats a Packer knee, he eats a Viking knee
He eats a Giants knee, he eats Chicago knee
He loses games that remind of Marinelli times
He loses games that remind him of Patricia times

(Oh Danny boy...Danny boy...Danny boy...)

Solid

8 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

I get knocked down! But I get up again! Then I'm gonna eat your knees for lunch!

He eats a Packer knee, he eats a Viking knee
He eats a Giants knee, he eats Chicago knee
He loses games that remind of Marinelli times
He loses games that remind him of Patricia times

(Oh Danny boy...Danny boy...Danny boy...)

Well played. 

Might need a wee bit tweaking but the chorus is right on point without alteration

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

i am baffled as to how they landed on this guy. They better hire some excellent coordinators under him or this could get ugly fast (even by Lions’ standards.)

Saints DB coach Aaron Glenn is his DC

https://detroitjockcity.com/2021/01/21/detroit-lions-news-aaron-glenn-official/

So far he's said to have interviewed Ravens QB coach James Urban and Steelers Receivers coach Ike Hilliard for OC. 

• Thank you (+1) 1