Chargers to Hire Brandon Staley as HC (not Daboll)

Reed83HOF

10 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Unless they are worried someone else will swoop in and take him away.   Then they have to start over and less to choose from. 

Better to go with option B now than wait for option A. 

If they like option A they just wait until they're available. Who cares if option B gets hired elsewhere? If you and option A are both on the same page you just wait and hire them.

5 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Pretty sure if they hired Staley as their HC is wasn’t Daboll. Did the factor of vague title drive that to be added. Cause I feel that was obvious.

I'm sure they feared Daboll going to the Super Bowl and them also missing out on Staley. Daboll likely isn't the type of candidate you wait a month for. 

• Like (+1) 2

Couldn’t it just be that they didn’t like him in the interview?  The guy is kind of odd, I could easily see him being an epic failure as a HC.  Some guys are good at what they do, but being the leader isn’t their calling.  I’m not sure why everyone assumes Dabs was the guy they wanted in the first place.

Edited by DCofNC
  • Agree 1

I think the texans get bienemy as a last ditch effort to keep watson.

It looks like mcdaniels is the leader for philly.

Consistency for Buffalo and great news for them.  

Hope Daboll goes on a revenge tour the next 2 games and next season showing everyone what they missed out on!

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Lol the chargers saw the play call balance last night and were out

2 hours ago, Augie said:

All those Bills fans who wanted him fired earlier this year must be SO disappointed!!!

:)

So, can we crawl out from under the bed and start pizzing & moaning about him again?😳 Asking for a friend..

Too Soon?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Chargers have some nice pieces on the field, but their ownership is the worst in the NFL by miles and they have zero fanbase (and really no hope of building one either).  You're toiling in obscurity, a complete afterthought in one of the biggest markets in the country.  

• Agree 1

It makes me happy that Dabs would still be with us

but

Anyone else here....while we love the passing attack.....feel that we need to also be able to run the ball?  I am not talking this year.....our eggs are in the one basket and its working.....I am talking about "how do we improve the team going forward"

I am pretty sure that a lot of resources will go to the defensive side of the ball.......but lets face it.....singletary and moss have underwhelmed in the few chances they have gotten.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It makes me happy that Dabs would still be with us

but

Anyone else here....while we love the passing attack.....feel that we need to also be able to run the ball?  I am not talking this year.....our eggs are in the one basket and its working.....I am talking about "how do we improve the team going forward"

I am pretty sure that a lot of resources will go to the defensive side of the ball.......but lets face it.....singletary and moss have underwhelmed in the few chances they have gotten.

So I think the options to improve the run game are two fold:

1. Sacrifice some pass protection aptitude to improve the run blocking; or

2. go and get a back with more explosion who can hit those small holes faster. 

I am not really an advocate for #1 because protecting Josh is our priority and it should be. I would advocate #2 but after spending consecutive 3rd round picks on running backs that are kinda fine I think no more major assets on running backs. They should be looking for a speed back as an UDFA who maybe wasn't a lead dog in college to try and groom, maybe spend a 7th on one... but that is it.