6,700 fans were so loud the Ravens had to switch to a silent snap count. Possibly the greatest fan performance in sports history?

Big Turk

Make no mistake...they effected the game. Ravens had a bunch of false starts due to them and those bad snaps were due to them switching to a silent snap count and the center admitted he didn't handle it very well...

Bozeman, their guard said it was so loud he couldn't hear anything and he was right next to the center. Said it had to be as loud as a full stadium would be.

Might be the greatest fan performance in sports history. 6,700 fans had a real and noticeable effect on the other team and outcome of the game.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2021/01/ravens-ol-share-how-bills-mafia-affected-their-play.html

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 17
  • Thank you (+1) 3

• Big Turk changed the title to 6,700 fans were so loud the Ravens had to switch to a silent snap count. Possibly the greatest fan performance in sports history?
49 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Make no mistake...they effected the game. Ravens had a bunch of false starts due to them and those bad snaps were due to them switching to a silent snap count and the center admitted he didn't handle it very well...

Bozeman, their guard said it was so loud he couldn't hear anything and he was right next to the center. Said it had to be as loud as a full stadium would be.

Might be the greatest fan performance in sports history. 6,700 fans had a real and noticeable effect on the other team and outcome of the game.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2021/01/ravens-ol-share-how-bills-mafia-affected-their-play.html

Same theme, but direct from the Ravens website:

Credit to the Ravens for actually posting this article.  Don't know if I'd want that much honesty on our team's site.  The comment section is especially tasty if you like salty tears from opposing fans.

Nice going Mafia.

www.baltimoreravens.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.baltimoreravens.com%2Fnews%2Fravens-say-bills-mafia-s-noise-affected-offensive-line-snaps

Edited by NE Branch
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I wonder if the lack of tailgating cut down on those who were “napping”? 

I kid! (Mostly.) I was so proud of how our fans represented! It’s hard to tell with the mix of piped in sound, but this sounded loud at the right times, not just background noise. 

Thank you to all who had the privilege to attend and stand up for our team! 

It looked like the Chiefs had far more in attendance today. I trust our offense to be ready! 

12 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

imagine if there were actually 67,000 fans there.

Players would have to be compensated for permanent hearing loss.

Then people would have been sitting in the areas they were banging on to make noise. Might actually not have been much louder since each person was able to make the equivalent noise of 10 people.

Just now, Big Turk said:

Then people would have been sitting in the areas they were banging on to make noise. Might actually not have been much louder since each person was able to make the equivalent noise of 10 people.

I would love someone to get decibel readings of these games. It's likely not close to a full house but it sounds pretty good on TV. 

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

All these games with limited fans sound so loud. I don't get it, lol. Sounds like a full house. 

Saw a lot of fans banging on the seats in front of them.  That would be a big difference compared to a full house, where that's hard to do as people are in seats.