How would a Bills Super Bowl win evolve your opinion of the franchise, the Legends, and our history?

BigDingus

Just give me one ring to get the monkey off our backs, that's all I want.  Allen will surpass Kelly in short order if he wins a SB and keeps this level of play up, and Diggs will be better than Reed.  But we definitely don't have anybody better than people like Thurman or Bruce right now, and while our current team has a more explosive QB+WR combo the 90s team was much more complete.  Imagine this team with Thurman running the ball.

4 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

There’s no Bruce on this team. 

This is our biggest challenge right now.... that we don’t have a front 4 game wrecker that creates so much havoc that every team must double team him on every play. You can win it all without one but it’s way easier with one !    Can Bruce sign a 3 week contract ? 

When the Super Bowl teams with Kelly et al played, they did not replace my memories and admiration of the ‘64/‘65 championship teams and guys like Kemp, Sestak, Saimes, Duby et al. If (when!!) the current team wins it all they will take their place in line as Bills greats.  They won’t replace, but add to, the legacy.

• Like (+1) 1

You can't erase history.  Many of us would not be the diehard passionate Bills fans we are today without the Kelly Super Bowl era teams.  That was an incredible era of football.  It was all we've had to fall back on for the last 25 years or so until this new era...Finally!  This current Bills team has the potential to win multiple Super Bowls so when it's all said and done this could up going down as the greatest era of Bills football but we still have to get there before we can even worry about that.  Even if that does happen it in no way erases or diminishes what happened in the 90s in my opinion.  

Here's an interesting tidbit I came across over the weekend that I was really intrigued by and I feel like it's very relevant to this conversation.  The Super 70s Sports Twitter account posted a picture of Reggie White and Buddy Ryan from the late 80s/early 90s Kelly Green uniform Eagles days and there were a ton of Eagles fans reminiscing about what a great era that was for them even though they actually never even won a playoff game..one Eagles fans actually said that was the most enjoyable  era in Eagles history..so of course someone else asked even over the Super Bowl winning Eagle's team to which the guy replied and I looked it up to get the exact quote "Yup most enjoyable and greatest.  It was the vibe, the energy, the I don't know.  No team in that city has ever captured the city's spirits like Buddy's teams besides the Bullies"  So that really got me thinking about how I feel now v.s. how those 90s Super Bowl teams were for us because there really was just something very special about that time period in life and the way it felt.  I love this current Bills team but I also don't think I love the NFL as a whole as much as I did back then so it makes ya think and ponder over things.

14 hours ago, BigDingus said:

The modern greats like Smith, Thomas, Kelly, Reed, Bennett, Talley, Tasker, etc. are highly regarded, all-timers to us Bills fans. Even though they were a part of teams that lost 4 straight Super Bowls, Bills fans have worn that like a badge of honor. Those are the "glory days," with the rest of our history being that of failures, soul crushing plays like the Music City "Miracle," and getting smacked around by Brady & the Pats for 2 decades.

While I will admit to being an old fart, you hold Kelly, Reed, Smith, Tasker, et al dear to your heart only because that's what you remember. To oldsters like myself, the crew of the 90's didn't replace the team of the 60's it supplemented them. I love Gilchrist, Dubinion, Sesteck, Kemp, Day and those guys just as much as I love the 90's guys and hopefully I'll get to remember the team the Bills are fielding now just as fondly. 

just sayin'

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Gen2 said:

While I will admit to being an old fart, you hold Kelly, Reed, Smith, Tasker, et al dear to your heart only because that's what you remember. To oldsters like myself, the crew of the 90's didn't replace the team of the 60's it supplemented them. I love Gilchrist, Dubinion, Sesteck, Kemp, Day and those guys just as much as I love the 90's guys and hopefully I'll get to remember the team the Bills are fielding now just as fondly. 

just sayin'

Right there with you

• Like (+1) 1