Glazer: Drew Brees officially retiring

YoloinOhio

He looked like a man who was walking off the field for the last time after the game tonight.

He was looking up, waving to fans, and even took 1 last look back over his shoulder before he disappeared into the tunnel.

When you already wear a gigantic flack jacket and one solid hit causes 18 breaks/fractures in your ribs you probably need to call it quits and start hocking for AARP.

The past few years he has been physically gassed by the time they reached the playoffs.........this year he was so whipped it looked like he couldn't open up his body to use his core to make throws and that made him look Peterman-esque on anything over 10 yards tonight.

30 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

He looked like a man who was walking off the field for the last time after the game tonight.

He was looking up, waving to fans, and even took 1 last look back over his shoulder before he disappeared into the tunnel.

When he looked back while going into the tunnel, I knew it was over. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

he went back out to play with his kids on the field for a loooong time. It was the end.

7 hours ago, stuvian said:

sad to see him go out on a bad note

Dearest mother,

I have heard that Captain Brees has retired his commission.  I have left the ranch hands in charge, and will make my way east to the Mississippi River, where I will steamboat south to New Orleans to meet with him and honor his service.

Your obedient son,

Captain A. Luck (Ret.)

16 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Dearest mother,

I have heard that Captain Brees has retired his commission.  I have left the ranch hands in charge, and will make my way east to the Mississippi River, where I will steamboat south to New Orleans to meet with him and honor his service.

Your obedient son,

Captain A. Luck (Ret.)

send a prosthetic arm!

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

When you already wear a gigantic flack jacket and one solid hit causes 18 breaks/fractures in your ribs you probably need to call it quits and start hocking for AARP.

The past few years he has been physically gassed by the time they reached the playoffs.........this year he was so whipped it looked like he couldn't open up his body to use his core to make throws and that made him look Peterman-esque on anything over 10 yards tonight.

Yeah, but acknowledge the good stuff too. He was an amazing player for a long time. It’s easy to kick an old player when he’s down.

He reminded me so much of Manning's last season yesterday.  Every time he went back to pass, you'd hold your breath - he has absolutely no zip left on the ball.  

But man, what a career.  One of the greatest QB's to play the game, for sure - when he was on, he was unstoppable.  And from what I understand, he has been a star off the field, as well, and done a lot of good for the community in New Orleans.

He can retire happy, and hopefully feeling fulfilled. He added a lot to this game we all love, and was tremendous fun to watch for a long time.

10 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Yeah, but acknowledge the good stuff too. He was an amazing player for a long time. It’s easy to kick an old player when he’s down.

Not material to my point.   The Saints and Brees had their run........and THEN some.   He could have retired 5 years ago and been a HOF'er.   The protections given QB's 10 years ago probably bought Brees that extra 5 years of football.........and created a fake juggernaut of the Saints........dominate the regular season and then peder out when he was too tired to close the deal in January.   Seen enough.   If you want to feel bad for him/them after being in contention for most of the past 15 years then have at it.   Not me.   Glad they are gone if they aren't capable of giving GB a game and hoping TB12 is the next one out.:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/17/2021 at 7:43 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

good explanation. its not the actual arm that goes first most of the time..Its the body parts that support the throwing motion and the source of power in the throw.-Like the neck or the ribs etc.

• Thank you (+1) 1