1/17/21 Division Round: Tampa Bay at New Orleans, 6:40 pm on FOX

I know these are 2 of the best QBs of all time but watching them play is painful. They both need to hang the cleats up. Brees throws rainbows on passes 10 yards downfield, it is sad.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Let this be a lesson to the NFL.

It's a 20-20 game and this is arguably the least exciting game of the entire weekend.  They try to hype Brees-Brady by putting it in the late Sunday slot but both are constantly checking down and Brees in particular is just bad.  Nobody looks like they deserve to win this game.

I get that the AFC teams are smaller markets, but those two games were far and away better than the two NFC games this weekend.

Oh, and Buck and Aikman as the announcers just add to the pain.  They both seem as interested to be here as folks in this thread.

Edited by sullim4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I know these are 2 of the best QBs of all time but watching them play is painful. They both need to hang the cleats up. Brees throws rainbows on passes 10 yards downfield, it is sad.

We are calling it the AARP bowl at our house.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, tomur67 said:

Are we spoiled watching Josh ?

I don’t think it’s spoiled, as much as the game is different now than the one these guys changed 15 years ago. 

It’s crazy to think that either one of these guys could play the game at the pace that Mahomes, Rodgers and Allen are playing right now. The offenses they run aren’t even close to the ones that the Chiefs, Packers, and Bills are running. Power run left? When was the last time we saw any kind of power run formation from the Bills. 

Brees and Brady are legends because they were the QB’s that were the Vanguards of the new Era. But they don’t have the athleticism to run a modern NFL offense.