1/17/21 Division Round: Tampa Bay at New Orleans, 6:40 pm on FOX

1 minute ago, y2zipper said:

QBs that cant really move are starting to have it tough 

It's against the rules for defenses to draw offenses Offside.

It seems like QBs that don't have athleticism are having a hard time. Brady and Brees really struggled when things are off-schedule.

They’ve done it twice this game

1 minute ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I think any NFL coaches who just watched that play are thinking the same thing.  Eventually the NFL would have to make a rule against doing that intentionally because it would be bad for the game.

However the remedy to that would be to make the rule what it used to be: you can cross the LOS but the offense must remain set until the ball is snapped, or until contact is made with an offensive player. It was a slippery slope when they started with this "unabated to the QB" stuff and leading to the "neutral zone entry made the offense move" stuff. But OL having to hold their discipline would hurt the offense so no chance they go back to that standard.

5 minutes ago, y2zipper said:

It's against the rules for defenses to draw offenses Offside.

They're allowed to move and reset their position as long as they don't cross the line of scrimmage. If it looks like the start of a play, that's tough because they can move, the offense must be set until the snap. However defense can't do things like call out fake snap calls and such.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

That's why I'm not a fan of punching the ball. What's keeping someone from just socking someone in the gut?

Well most NFL players are decent people who do just punch at the ball.  Then you have the guys who aren't.  I could be remembering wrong but I think it was TJ Watt against us last year who just straight up punched one of our players.

Just now, HurlyBurly51 said:

Gee, I wonder what Bradshaw will have to say when they do their halftime AFCC preview 

He's not going to say anything. The guy with a 38% completion rate his rookie year will never admit he's wrong about Josh Allen or the ability to improve accuracy.