AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

40 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Anyone watching nfl network? They are talking about Kelce and they have a three man panel... the one guy (sorry I don’t know his name) said “when you’re #1 corner, Tre white, who is struggling right now, can’t cover the TE”... I rewound it twice to make sure I heard it right that he actually said Tre white and actually meant how he was playing now. What?

I've seen experts say stuff this week that honestly they just make up.  It's not even lazy/old takes, just wrong ones - some totally from left field.  But if they say it with a lot of volume and conviction it must be true.  And there's rarely anyone else present with any actual knowledge to correct or challenge them. 

It's really been striking to me this week.  I realized it's because it is probably always happening, but this week with more discussion on the Bills, a team I know more about, the falsehoods and innaccuracies stand out.  It really has been kind of depressing to realize I watch so much content from people who honestly are so terrible at their job and provide nothing substantial.

• Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Tre plays both man to man and zone depending what is asked of him by the coaches.  He’s shadowed guys, but when it’s a zone call, he plays his area.  I don’t think you’re being critical of him, just great CB’s where I agree are not robots.  Every excellent player on a team makes a mistake every once in awhile.  Remember how both Stevie Johnson and Sammy at times could burn Daryl Revis when he was in his prime.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

They probably think Tre is struggling because he bit hard on that double move late in the game against Hollywood Brown who would’ve scored if completed. 🙄 

But yes, dumb comment. 

Even if it was that one play... it was ... one play. So yeah, dumb. 

• Agree 1

Anyone else annoyed with or tired of hearing clips of the Chiefs announcer? 

“Touchdown! Kan-zus City!”

Side note - He sounds very similar to the Buccaneers announcer. 

Yes, we’re at this portion of your program. Please get here soon game 😂

• Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Tre bit on an out and up on 4th and long up 14 late in the game with a QB playing for the first time in the NFL.  He probably thought there was zero chance of that route in that situation.  It’s not something that would ever happen with Mahomes playing or at any point in a tight game.  Smoked? Lol.

It’s okay to say, I don’t think he thought this is a rookie I’ll play relaxed  coverage, I just think Brown ran past him on an out and up by multiple steps.

These announcers though, we’ve all said it, they just repeat phrases they’ve heard as truth.

Control the clock, keep Mahomes off the field, control Kelce, stop Hill, block Chris Jones, confuse Josh Allen, bracket Stefon Diggs, control the line of scrimmage. None of it is actual analysis. They look at rankings and they say, Mahomes is great, the Bills are from WNY and so we’re going Chiefs.

I just want the Bills to give it everything they have Sunday by going 4-wide and 5-wide empty against whatever coverage they get and trust Allen to throw. I don’t want to hear about balance and how the Chiefs are “not good” against the run. Cleveland tried it last week and the only time they moved the ball is when Baker had to throw. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

The reason why it matters:

Buffalo plays more 3 and 4 WR than anyone in the league.  If you guys are going to come out in 3 and 4 wide all game, then you allow KC to put it's optimal defense on the field.  That matters because KC's linebackers absolutely SUCK in coverage.  KC allows a TON of points and stats to TE and pass catching backs.....when they are in base defense....with the 3 linebackers out there.

You all might not think so, but part of why Josh struggled VS KC in week 6 is because the Bills don't have a TE threat AND...important AND...not a big time threatening running game.....

When the Chiefs aren't worried about a TE or an RB running....they will nickel and dime you to death.  It isn't a coincidence that Diggs tied his 2nd lowest number of recpetions and second lowest yardage total on the year VS KC.  That's what KC does ......when they can play extra DB's all game long.  KC has a slew of really good corners and safeties.

it's the main reason why the KC defense is a bad matchup for the Bills.  

Buffalo's offense figured out that KC D in the second half. Plus, we are significantly healthier. Buffalo will score. A lot. They can run that 2 high safety all they want and bring that pressure package all they want. It just isn't going to work. I expect the Bills will also take advantage of those wide open short passes in the flat. They were leaving some huge cushion there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

Buffalo's offense figured out that KC D in the second half. Plus, we are significantly healthier. Buffalo will score. A lot. They can run that 2 high safety all they want and bring that pressure package all they want. It just isn't going to work. I expect the Bills will also take advantage of those wide open short passes in the flat. They were leaving some huge cushion there.

I think this is part of the key offensively, to early on soften up their defense with the short passes and check downs.  They will be forced to start coming down and that is when they can begin punishing them with the crossing patterns down the field.  Josh has to remain patient and not force the ball into areas when the shorter stuff is there.  If he can do that then I expect the Bills to put up a lot of points.

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

I think this is part of the key offensively, to early on soften up their defense with the short passes and check downs.  They will be forced to start coming down and that is when they can begin punishing them with the crossing patterns down the field.  Josh has to remain patient and not force the ball into areas when the shorter stuff is there.  If he can do that then I expect the Bills to put up a lot of points.

KC is good at taking away the deep stuff. That isn't a problem when you have so much speed at WR. Diggs, Beasley and even TE and RB have proven they can get open quick. I think that will also slow down the pass rush. Funny thing is, Buffalo's OL has really improved too. I'm not sure they are even going to be able to get to Allen anyway. If that happens, Allen is going to shred them. Also, I have noticed a trend. The Bills have been quietly using motion more often. Easy to overlook, because they don't do it a lot. Allen has been using that to get a handle on what the D is doing. It's been helping him to identify mismatches and figure out who is in single coverage. This game is going to look a lot different from the previous game. I also think the run game is going to have a nice day, simply because the OL is playing better, and it isn't going to be expected.

18 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

These announcers though, we’ve all said it, they just repeat phrases they’ve heard as truth.

Control the clock, keep Mahomes off the field, control Kelce, stop Hill, block Chris Jones, confuse Josh Allen, bracket Stefon Diggs, control the line of scrimmage. None of it is actual analysis. They look at rankings and they say, Mahomes is great, the Bills are from WNY and so we’re going Chiefs.

It's the level of "analysis" you're fed from your producer scouting box scores a half hour before the show. Pure Hackery.

Just like if Allen wins, they'll make a galaxy of excuses for "How the chiefs lost", before they start running SB clips from 30 years ago as introduction Brady's/Roger's inevitable Lombardi.

35 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I've seen experts say stuff this week that honestly they just make up.  It's not even lazy/old takes, just wrong ones - some totally from left field.  But if they say it with a lot of volume and conviction it must be true.  And there's rarely anyone else present with any actual knowledge to correct or challenge them. 

It's really been striking to me this week.  I realized it's because it is probably always happening, but this week with more discussion on the Bills, a team I know more about, the falsehoods and innaccuracies stand out.  It really has been kind of depressing to realize I watch so much content from people who honestly are so terrible at their job and provide nothing substantial.

It crazy that the podcasters and youtubers that do sports content are 100 times more knowledgeable and they dont even get paid for it . You would think if you got paid to talk sports you would want to be the very best at your job but nope. The people that get paid just want clicks 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Magox said:

Yup I agree with this.

It takes advantage of the strengths of our WRs. They’re all veterans who understand zones and leverages.

Diggs, Brown, Beasley, McKenzie all understand when a corner breaks inside they break outside, when a corner breaks outside they break inside.

Diggs, Beasley and Brown all are very good at using speed and quickness to break off their man at the apex of routes and create separation. 

The Bills figured this out last year in the beginning of the year to shorten the average depth of target and we all saw some 2020 upside in the 2019 Thanksgiving game. 

But you’re right, the slice a dice routes on slants, outs, hitches, curls, digs, will start opening up longer routes.

And the other thing is is, this QB and WR group have become great sideline drill route runners. We know Diggs l, Beasley, Brown can do it, but also Davis as well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

It's the level of "analysis" you're fed from your producer scouting box scores a half hour before the show. Pure Hackery.

Just like if Allen wins, they'll make a galaxy of excuses for "How the chiefs lost", before they start running SB clips from 30 years ago as introduction Brady's/Roger's inevitable Lombardi.

I actually think the narrative will immediately switch if we beat KC.  

Right now they are the presumptive favorite in the media, not just now... but for the next 10 years.   

If we take them down, it would represent a massive landscape shift both in the AFC gatekeeper and QB views. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Anyone watching nfl network? They are talking about Kelce and they have a three man panel... the one guy (sorry I don’t know his name) said “when you’re #1 corner, Tre white, who is struggling right now, can’t cover the TE”... I rewound it twice to make sure I heard it right that he actually said Tre white and actually meant how he was playing now. What?

Pretty sure that was Greg Rosenthal saying that....saw it last night, such an uninformed comment.  Probably saw Tre White gamble on thr double move (missed deep pass in bmore game).

If Tre is struggling, i would like to see him when his game is on

56 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Now, imagine that this isn't just true for football . . . 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, stevewin said:

After this week I'm more convinced then ever that most of the popular national "experts" are a special combination of lazy & ignorant. 

My favorite dumb take was one guy claiming that the Bills offense is struggling and that they have to score more then 10 points to have any chance against the Chiefs.  He was apparently basing his entire "analysis" on the Raven game!  You know a game in which the Bills O played in a gale against one of the best defenses in the NFL.  Had this moron gone back just one week he would have seen that the Bills O was playing at a very high level and had maintained that level in every game since the bye week.

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Pretty sure that was Greg Rosenthal saying that....saw it last night, such an uninformed comment.  Probably saw Tre White gamble on thr double move (missed deep pass in bmore game).

If Tre is struggling, i would like to see him when his game is on

Yes it was rosenthal 

“I've seen experts say stuff this week that honestly they just make up.  It's not even lazy/old takes, just wrong ones - some totally from left field.  But if they say it with a lot of volume and conviction it must be true.  And there's rarely anyone else present with any actual knowledge to correct or challenge them. 

It's really been striking to me this week.  I realized it's because it is probably always happening, but this week with more discussion on the Bills, a team I know more about, the falsehoods and innaccuracies stand out.  It really has been kind of depressing to realize I watch so much content from people who honestly are so terrible at their job and provide nothing substantial.“

Great point 👍

If there is an opportunity to reply to these types of things, I will often ask the writer to first do their research, and be professional about it. 

Went snowboarding last night at HV last night and I swear half the people on the mountain seemed to be wearing Bills gear (tons of jerseys too). I must have heard the Shout Song 20 times and people were jump amped. I want this so GD badly for the city and to just soak it in for 2 more weeks....at least.

• Awesome! (+1) 2