AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

2 hours ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Bracket Kelce with Poyer/Hyde and Milano... jam him off the line no clean releases. Let Tre go one on one with Hill. I like those odds. 

🤦‍♂️

Let's just say, Andy Reid would be quite happy if we did anything like that.

We know there are 4 skill players other than Kelce and Hill on the field, yes?

4 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

He commented on Diggs and Beasley.

He was asked.  We don't know what he would have said about Davis and Butler, because he was asked all sorts of dumb questions about what he did as Andy Reid's assistant 19 years ago instead. 

The Media.  Some days they da Windshield, some days they da Bug

17 minutes ago, stevewin said:

It went on sale at shoponebuffalo.com today and sold out right away

😥

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

It's crazy to me I haven't heard a single expert ever mention Allen's shoulder injury in the context of this game (or the three game stretch actually) - when it is common knowledge to even casual Bills fans.  At least this guy mentions Feliciano being out.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

On 1/20/2021 at 5:28 AM, Johnnycage46 said:

I may be in the minority, but I don't care about any narratives that might come from the Bills beating an injured Mahomes or a Mahomes-less Chiefs team.  Them's the breaks.  You play the team and players in front of you.  If we win it all, the talking heads can discredit it all they want, but it still goes down in the record books as a SB win.

Injuries are a part of football. If it was bills vs cheifs and the first quarter the bills had a blatant late hit intentionally to take out mahomes and the bills go on to win it then ya I could see some arguments. But mahomes got hurt against the browns on a totally legal play, thats football. Eagles didn't make excuses with foles. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, stevewin said:

It's crazy to me I haven't heard a single expert ever mention Allen's shoulder injury in the context of this game (or the three game stretch actually) - when it is common knowledge to even casual Bills fans.  At least this guy mentions Feliciano being out.

Were it any other top QB it would be a national story.  Its been discussed by Hasselbeck and it was obvious that Allen was wearing a shoulder harness and knee brace at times this year.  But why attribute to injury what you can argue for regression to the mean after a hot start?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, stevewin said:

You can be dang sure that if the Bills win Sunday, everyone will be talking about a toe

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

I agree with his take.  I do think that Josh put on additional pressure on himself going into this game and tried to force passes that weren't there.  He also missed on a few passes that were by his standards very easy to make.  Simply put, he just didn't have a good game.   

I think KC will mix it up and try to put pressure on him and attempt to take away the deeper stuff.  If that's the case then he'll need to soften up their defense with the short to mid range stuff and as the game progresses and he's getting into the feel of the game he can begin to punish them with the deeper stuff.

He's got to hit his check downs this game because I have a feeling that it will be there for him the entire evening.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

You can be dang sure that if the Bills win Sunday, everyone will be talking about a toe

I got a feeling it is going to be like a "Ben Roethlisberger" type of game for mahomes, where he limps every 2nd play and the announcers gush about how tough he is.

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

So heres a stat for you compliments of Colin Cowherd....

Since the bye, in week 12, the Bills redzone defense is ranked #1 in the league. In that same span KC's offense is ranked 26th in the redzone..... keep it in front of you. make them EARN it. They've had trouble finishing inside the redzone for almost 2 months now.

Kc is also last in Redzone defense in 2020

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/17/2021 at 6:31 PM, UConn James said:

I don’t recall whether Milano played in week 6 vs. them.

And Tremaine was still playing injured with his shoulder. 

This is a totally different matchup.

Milano didn’t play. Edmunds n Tre White both played with injuries in week 6 and the offensive gameplan was horrendous oh and Allen was Still hurt as well. We tried to force a run game in week 6 it was something Daboll was doing a lot of early on trying to get it going it never did but I agree we win this game and it’s not going to be as close as people think 

Just now, stevewin said:

I think it's because neither Allen nor anyone on the Bills has ever mentioned it. 

Even the former QBs who are analysts, the only one I've heard mention it was Matt Hasselbeck, and that's likely because as a player he suffered a similar injury and like Allen, played through it.

8 minutes ago, Magox said:

I agree with his take.  I do think that Josh put on additional pressure on himself going into this game and tried to force passes that weren't there.  He also missed on a few passes that were by his standards very easy to make.  Simply put, he just didn't have a good game.   

I think KC will mix it up and try to put pressure on him and attempt to take away the deeper stuff.  If that's the case then he'll need to soften up their defense with the short to mid range stuff and as the game progresses and he's getting into the feel of the game he can begin to punish them with the deeper stuff.

He's got to hit his check downs this game because I have a feeling that it will be there for him the entire evening.

Agreed. This is my only concern Allen feeling like he needs to prove himself or do to much. If he can play his game and take what the defense gives him our defense will allow us to win this game.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I wonder how many times it will be said “What a warrior Patrick Mahomes is to take the field today, just one week from his devastating concussion” 

I’m sure Nantz and Romo will mention it a minimum of 5-6 times before the end of the first quarter. 

Another one that is way overused by all the analysts is “this guy is a stud!” 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think it's because neither Allen nor anyone on the Bills has ever mentioned it. 

Even the former QBs who are analysts, the only one I've heard mention it was Matt Hasselbeck, and that's likely because as a player he suffered a similar injury and like Allen, played through it.

I mean you’re right no one really knew the extent of his injury. But dude it’s because they are to busy trying to swallow mahomes whole and rub his head and his foot at the same time. What do you expect? Lol

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, finn said:

I lived in Missouri for four years. The weather changes on a dime. Even at this point, I wouldn't be surprised by heavy rain and 15 mph winds or no rain or wind.

I've lived in Missouri for 38 years. 

@finn is Damned Straight.

Pro tip for folks used to living next to the Great Lakes in WNY.  The lakes channel the weather to some degree.  Living next to the Great Plains, you can generally see what weather is coming to your general region, but whether it swings 10-20 miles to the north or south, or gets there 4 hrs sooner or 4 hrs later, very hard to predict.  You get a feel for it maybe 4-6 hrs in advance.

I got a friend who's a wheat farmer near Hays, KS.  He's been harvesting wheat with a thunderstorm to the E where, since the weather typically moves W to E you would say "no factor"....only to have the damned thing back up and piss on his combine. 🤬 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

We are close enough to the game now to know what the weather is going to be like, for the most part.

At game time it will be in the upper 30s (F) with some drizzle and light rain on and off.  

Local weather guys always know what's going on best in their area.  I've been watching NBC, CBS, and ABC local affiliates in KC this week.  They're all talking about the game time weather.

I did the same thing with Channels 2, 4, and 7 in Buffalo last week; the Buffalo weather people were spot on.

What part of the country are you from, @Nextmanup?

I don't think local weather guys in KC know nearly as much about the specifics of the game time weather as you think they do.

Strangely, all that I checked end their detailed forecasts at 2 pm Sunday.  Game is at 5:40 local time

Probability of precipitation is just over 50%, which means "as far as what'll be coming down during the game and how hard, a coin flip will tell you as much as I will right now"

4 hours ago, Mango said:

Stills, maybe, but that is just based on Davis not practicing at all this week.

Davis practiced today.  "Limited".  Butler also

image.thumb.png.b8311dc4d6fcf60e2e14c57f00066053.png

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What part of the country are you from, @Nextmanup?

I don't think local weather guys in KC know nearly as much about the specifics of the game time weather as you think they do.

Strangely, all that I checked end their detailed forecasts at 2 pm Sunday.  Game is at 5:40 local time

Probability of precipitation is just over 50%, which means "as far as what'll be coming down during the game and how hard, a coin flip will tell you as much as I will right now"

Davis practiced today.  "Limited".  Butler also

image.thumb.png.b8311dc4d6fcf60e2e14c57f00066053.png

Right, I posted that before the IRwas posted.