AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Wow. I just saw that NFL live segment. Keyshawn.... good lord. 

If Allen scored all 46 touchdowns this last month then sure, he’s the flavor of the month i guess. That’s just embarrassing on his part. And good on Orlosvky for not having it. 

Keyshawn is the one, heading into the Pitt game, that said we hadn’t beaten anyone yet. He literally explained away every win game against the teams with winning records up to that point. It was sad to watch. Orlovsky tore into him for that garbage take as well. 

well, the easiest way to shut down those hot takes would be a commanding performance this week! I am pretty excited to see if Josh is a big timer. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

America's team, baby!

I call Shenanigans!  I refuse to believe Wyoming rooting for KC!!!!

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

well, the easiest way to shut down those hot takes would be a commanding performance this week! I am pretty excited to see if Josh is a big timer. 

I would love to see a commanding performance this week, but I'll be happy with a Win

The hot takes will always find a reason to keep on bubbling so just don't worry about them, say I

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I mean.... a 13-3 record against the 5th hardest schedule in football while accounting for 46 total td’s, followed by 2 playoff wins didn’t do it.... I’m sure Keyshawn will find a way to discount a bills upset this week. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I call Shenanigans!  I refuse to believe Wyoming rooting for KC!!!!

I would love to see a commanding performance this week, but I'll be happy with a Win

The hot takes will always find a reason to keep on bubbling so just don't worry about them, say I

agreed! I don’t really care what the talking heads say, and the win is the most important thing. And regardless of the stats,  I would love to see Josh just  own it— just show that the stage isn’t too big for him and play his game. 

5 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I don't despise the designed runs for Allen.

I just don't want to see it 10-15 times.

He can take all the clean runs he's given (wide open lanes where he picks up ten yards and slides before getting hit).  I don't want him getting hit for more than, I don't know, 5x?  If it's the final drive of the game, for the win, let him loose.  I'm good with angry JA runs for the AFC championship!

40 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

America's team, baby!

Wyoming and probably CO are rooting for the Bills.  I've got lots of family in CO and they tell me everyone they know is rooting for the Bills.  Bronco fans hate the Chiefs.  I don't get Green Bay in Utah either.

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

agreed! I don’t really care what the talking heads say, and the win is the most important thing. And regardless of the stats,  I would love to see Josh just  own it— just show that the stage isn’t too big for him and play his game. 

Here's my problem with that: Moving goalposts. 

First, primetime games are too big for him.  Last season: Win on Thanksgiving; Win vs Steelers.  This season: Win vs 49ers, Steelers, NE

OK but can he win in the playoffs?  Loss vs Ravens after leading into the 4Q; tie in the final seconds of the game.  Equal on turnovers; more passing yards, more rush yards, and more total yards offense than opposing QB => OH NO HE MELTED DOWN like our defense and the guys he was throwing to had nothing to do with it.  Win against Colts and Ravens. so now 2-1 in playoffs

Now those wins weren't OWN IT wins, he didn't light it up with a laser light show, only passed for 324 yds, 2 TD, no INTs, so he needs to do something else to show that the stage "isn't too big for him"

***** 'em.  ***** all those moving goalposts and everyone pointing at them.  Buffalo -vs- Everybody, Baby!

The stage isn't too big for him, and if we win or if we lose Bills will do it as a team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

https://sports.yahoo.com/quieting-critics-allen-focused-being-003404480.html

By Amy Tennery

(Reuters) - Facing the reigning Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs, Buffalo Billsquarterback Josh Allen told reporters ahead of Sunday's AFC Championship game that he's focused on being "the best version of myself."

After a breakout 2020 season, one could argue that mission has already been accomplished.

"He's the general, he's the man," said wide receiver Stefon Diggs, who lead the league in receiving yards (1,535) during the regular season. "He's poised, he doesn't get too high, he doesn't get too low. I never see him overly excited."

(what a difference a year makes) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

America's team, baby!

Talked to a lot of people, most are definitely rooting for Buffalo. But most don’t give us a chance.

”You’re rooting for Buffalo?”

”would you put money on that?”..... “no way!”

They want us to win, but not too many actually think we can. I think we can.... slow down the run and limit Kelce’s big plays.

As the week goes on I expect Mahomes to play.  As the week goes on I expect Buffalo to win.  I think Buffalo wins pretty easily.  The second half is going to be a constant, Romo, you think this is when Mahomes takes over Jim?  It just never comes.  Maybe, I am over confident but I feel Baltimore was a tougher matchup.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Success said:

Our 1st matchup w/ KC is on replay right now.

First drive was a bad 3 & out; forgot about that.  Didn't look like us - 2 bad passes by Allen, followed by a beauty under pressure that hit Smoke's face mask and wasn't caught.  

yup im hooked watching this. looks like D sprinkled siran neal on kelce ..... 

utter drop by brown

maybe knox  can have a big game ala NE against chiefs

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Success said:

Our 1st matchup w/ KC is on replay right now.

First drive was a bad 3 & out; forgot about that.  Didn't look like us - 2 bad passes by Allen, followed by a beauty under pressure that hit Smoke's face mask and wasn't caught.  

Brown was basically playing with one leg that game. Edmunds with one shoulder. Meanwhile Milano was out along with Wallace. Fact is there were game changing players that weren’t even close to healthy or justplain  missing during that game and it showed big time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2