AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Last time we saw them in the white Jersey/blue pants uni combo

Im not superstitious.  I just don't like white tops.  Never been a fan of white on anything in general.  I am more of a dark color guy.

1 hour ago, RichRiderBills said:

I dont get how he can be a full participant w/o clearing protocol

He is probably in stage 4 which would clear him for non contact practice.  

26 minutes ago, Stads said:

Schopp is at it again. He said that Stefon Diggs would be jealous of Kelce's production over the second half of the season. He made some fantasy point and I threw up in mouth a little. Please show yourself out the door Michael.

I don’t think I can be objective listening to him anymore.   I’m annoyed by any, and everything, he says.  

Whether it’s droning on about inconsequential stuff that is only tangentially related to our team or his constant obsession with players on other teams or acting like Al Michaels is God... I just can’t with him anymore.  

Yesterday he asked Bulldog who he’d want to win the NFC “in a normal year”, because apparently the Bills being good cannot be normal.   And I know that’s me being petty, but he’s become that college roommate that started annoying you, and once you noticed how annoying they are, everything about their existence annoys you.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought about that already. I am not sure it makes a huge difference. Any Reid was quoted today as saying "Mahomes took all the snaps" If I am Buffalo, I would run with that as enough. Prep for Mahomes and call it a day. And based on McD's comments about prepping for the system, I don't think this is a huge worry either way. If KC's offense beats us, it won't be because we weren't sure who would play QB. 

On the same topic, I think the NFL concussion protocol is a joke. If a team physician and/or training staff OK'd a QB to run full practice, classroom, video, etc. work for an entire week, then got declined by an independent neurologist, there should be major consequences for that franchise and the med/training/coaching staff. They have actually put somebody in very real danger for long term issues. Getting hit again isn't the only danger. Even for HS kids, going back to school, reading textbooks, sitting under classroom lights, etc. can be dangerous for long term brain health. Players shouldn't be allowed to play professional football 7 days after seeing stars like we see the QB position do all the time. 2 week minimum for all players should be standard. And that is before you can start practicing. That goes for our own Josh just a season or two ago as well. Hell, none of us could get cleared to go play bar league kick ball 7 days after a concussion, let alone try and not get tackled by the biggest, fastest, and strongest humans on the planet. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Super curious what limited means, when your HC comes out and says QB1 "took all the snaps in practice". Also, if you hold a "limited practice" for everybody, but QB1 does all of it, was he still "limited"?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/20/andy-reid-patrick-mahomes-took-all-the-snaps-in-practice-and-feels-good/

“He looked good, he is in the protocol, so there’s only certain things he can do, and it’s a limited basis, but today is a limited practice so this fit right into what he can do. But he took all the snaps and feels good. We just have to follow this protocol as closely as we possibly can,” 

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

I thought about that already. I am not sure it makes a huge difference. Any Reid was quoted today as saying "Mahomes took all the snaps" If I am Buffalo, I would run with that as enough. Prep for Mahomes and call it a day. And based on McD's comments about prepping for the system, I don't think this is a huge worry either way. If KC's offense beats us, it won't be because we weren't sure who would play QB. 

On the same topic, I think the NFL concussion protocol is a joke. If a team physician and/or training staff OK'd a QB to run full practice, classroom, video, etc. work for an entire week, then got declined by an independent neurologist, there should be major consequences for that franchise and the med/training/coaching staff. They have actually put somebody in very real danger for long term issues. Getting hit again isn't the only danger. Even for HS kids, going back to school, reading textbooks, sitting under classroom lights, etc. can be dangerous for long term brain health. Players shouldn't be allowed to play professional football 7 days after seeing stars like we see the QB position do all the time. 2 week minimum for all players should be standard. And that is before you can start practicing. That goes for our own Josh just a season or two ago as well. Hell, none of us could get cleared to go play bar league kick ball 7 days after a concussion, let alone try and not get tackled by the biggest, fastest, and strongest humans on the planet. 

Agree completely. 

it’s also set up for confirmation bias by the “independent evaluator.” Someone is really going to come in and disagree with the team doctor, who I am sure already will provide a skewed case? 

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don’t think I can be objective listening to him anymore.   I’m annoyed by any, and everything, he says.  

Whether it’s droning on about inconsequential stuff that is only tangentially related to our team or his constant obsession with players on other teams or acting like Al Michaels is God... I just can’t with him anymore.  

Yesterday he asked Bulldog who he’d want to win the NFC “in a normal year”, because apparently the Bills being good cannot be normal.   And I know that’s me being petty, but he’s become that college roommate that started annoying you, and once you noticed how annoying they are, everything about their existence annoys you.  

So, I read a recent article (in The Athletic I think) about catching up with "The Coach" Chuck Dickerson.  If you can find it you should read it.  You'd realize that EVEN IN BUFFALO these radio hosts are not talking about things they believe, they are saying things that will create the most controversy and drive listeners/callers.  The only place you get folks actually talking about what they believe is on a network that is not dependent upon advertising revenue -- like the Bills' OBL show -- but on that one you have to be cognizant that they won't overly criticize the hand that feeds them either.

This is really the best place to get a dichotomy of opinion and "real talk."  I don't listen to talk radio (besides Howard) much at all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, eball said:

So, I read a recent article (in The Athletic I think) about catching up with "The Coach" Chuck Dickerson.  If you can find it you should read it.  You'd realize that EVEN IN BUFFALO these radio hosts are not talking about things they believe, they are saying things that will create the most controversy and drive listeners/callers.  The only place you get folks actually talking about what they believe is on a network that is not dependent upon advertising revenue -- like the Bills' OBL show -- but on that one you have to be cognizant that they won't overly criticize the hand that feeds them either.

This is really the best place to get a dichotomy of opinion and "real talk."  I don't listen to talk radio (besides Howard) much at all.

If that’s the shtick, he can at least be entertaining about it.   He’s like listening to someone try to frustrate listeners by being boring and semi on-topic. 

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He shouldn't be.  He's supposed to be supervised and limited to 30 minutes or something like that.  I think they should be in a spot of trouble....

Per the full quote, it sounds like Mahomes was a "full participant" in a "limited practice". Which is stupid, obviously. Greasy stuff like this always gets under my skin, stop lying. I hope the Bills absolutely embarrass KC after this stupid circus. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If that’s the shtick, he can at least be entertaining about it.   He’s like listening to someone try to frustrate listeners by being monotone and semi on-topic. 

Well, I didn't say everyone is good at it.  But he's been around for a long time, apparently, so he's doing something right.  By the way, I can truthfully say I've never listened to him.  He arrived in Buffalo after I had left, and I don't go out of my way to listen to WGR.