AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

2) LOL that the Jake Fromm pick fired him up.  Dude is competitive like the great ones.

That also stuck out to me - kind of going along with some of the discussion in this thread about how competitive the pros are and will use anything as fuel.  Not a person in Buffalo that saw Fromm as anything but a potential threat to Barkley (if that)

Love the quote at the end

“And then Josh said something like, ‘I don’t think I’ll be playing golf with you boys this time next year. I think I’ll be playing football still.’ 

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Think you will be surprised.

I could count the Ravens fans at the stadium Saturday on one hand.

I am guessing there will be around 1,000 or more Bills fans.

There is just a contingent that loves to travel.    Some of them would much rather travel than come to a home game.   

I would love to be surprised!  But didn't we only sell our 6,700 tickets to season ticket holders, with no resale allowed, and a covid test at the stadium required a couple days before the game?

Of course, Arrowhead has no restriction on resales and no Covid test requirement.

1000 Bills fans would be great.  But 15,000>1,000 by a lot. 

I imagine McDermott will have them working on a silent count and listening to that stupid Tomahawk chant all practice.  I hope they Renegade it!!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

I see the JW thread is closed, so I will just throw this here:

I was listening to the Fan here in Baltimore on the way to work today. They had the guy who does the afternoon drive show with LaConjecture  on. This guy was picking the Bills for this Sunday, saying nothing but good things, when Jerry Coleman pipes in out of nowhere, “I’ll take that bet!” with plenty of snark and smack. I would say JC is still butt-hurt from the Bills-Ravens game. :lol:

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I would love Mckenzie to play more. Being fast though doesn't mean you're a deep threat. There is an art in being a deep threat. Not all fast WR's can get open deep. 

I think Mckenzie is one thing Daboll is going to unwrap this game.  I'm looking for about 5 variations of the McKittrick jet sweep

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This game is really intriguing because we've faced KC before and shouldn't be in shock at their speed/creativity out the gate. Interested to see what kind of Defense we deploy, but where I'm really interested in is seeing our Offense against a non-Top 10 Defense...

I've seen some commentary saying our Offense has struggled in the Playoffs.  

We've played two Top 10 Defenses in a row.  One of those games being in a wind tunnel.  

I really want Josh Allen and this Offense to shut everyone up...  The recency bias and failure to put anything in context is frustrating to see, but only our guys can change the narrative... a misleading narrative, but a narrative out there none the less... 

I'd be happy with a shootout. The Bills defense is better than KC's, and the Bills offense is every bit as good as KC's, so they would win in most scenarios. KC has not been burying their opponents; the Bills have. 

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Coach McDermott presser.  Asked for injury updates, said nothing new, but Gabe Davis and Vernon Butler would not practice today.  About 5:16 in

Yeah I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but he sure looked as if he was hurting a little in the Ravens game. Noticed it a few times with him. Hope it's nothing major and the rest day/days help. He has definitely been huge

14 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Bills uniform color will be white jersey with blue pants. Bills are 0-3 in the playoffs with that color.:cry:

Uniform color matters not. :)

Just like me wearing a certain t-shirt or sitting a certain way on the couch or what ever other superstition I do matters not lol.

EDIT:   Btw I still do them, and my wife thinks I am strange and a bit of an idiot, but whatever helps the team right?? lol

Edited by CaliBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would love to be surprised!  But didn't we only sell our 6,700 tickets to season ticket holders, with no resale allowed, and a covid test at the stadium required a couple days before the game?

Of course, Arrowhead has no restriction on resales and no Covid test requirement.

1000 Bills fans would be great.  But 15,000>1,000 by a lot. 

I imagine McDermott will have them working on a silent count and listening to that stupid Tomahawk chant all practice.  I hope they Renegade it!!!!

Oh it definitely limited opposing fans from being there but there was some false reporting on "who could go".

Attendance wasn't limited to season ticket holders(nor could an individual only attend one game).    Account holders could send/take whomever they want...........that person just needed to be there to get the test.

There will be a lower % of Bills fans than had there been full attendance but I am pretty sure Chiefs fans will be appalled by how many Bills fans will be there.    And fwiw I didn't hear any talk of the Chiefs fans being so loud that it disrupted the Browns last week but I hope they prepare for more noise just in case.     

• Like (+1) 2

I surprisingly feel quite a bit more confident about the Chiefs game coming up than I did with the Ravens game. The 3 teams that pretty much worried me the most and hoped if there was a way to avoid were Titans, Ravens, and Chiefs.

Of course chances were very slim of it happening but I definitely feel better/confident about playing the Chiefs than last week. Maybe it's because it's only Wednesday and that will likely change the closer it gets. Yeah that's probably exactly how it's going to go.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Oh it definitely limited opposing fans from being there but there was some false reporting on "who could go".

Attendance wasn't limited to season ticket holders(nor could an individual only attend one game).    Account holders could send/take whomever they want...........that person just needed to be there to get the test.

Thanks

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There will be a lower % of Bills fans than had there been full attendance but I am pretty sure Chiefs fans will be appalled by how many Bills fans will be there.    And fwiw I didn't hear any talk of the Chiefs fans being so loud that it disrupted the Browns last week but I hope they prepare for more noise just in case.     

There's nothing I like better than the thought of an "appalled" Chiefs fan...until we get to the end of the game with  a "disappointed" or "bereft" Chiefs fan! :beer:

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, finn said:

KC has not been burying their opponents; the Bills have. 

In points, sure.  In total yards.... the Bills were the ones buried the last two games.  To be the best, you need to beat the best.  And that may happen this week and next.  Double everyone and also commit to stopping the run. They've got this.  Go Bills!

4 minutes ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

In points, sure.  In total yards.... the Bills were the ones buried the last two games.  To be the best, you need to beat the best.  And that may happen this week and next.  Double everyone and also commit to stopping the run. They've got this.  Go Bills!

I believe he was referring to the last few games of the regular season. It's to be expected that playoffs will be tougher games.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy