AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

News Flash: You can like Josh Allen and also give credit to the Bills defense or any other player. It is not being a hater if you say Josh was not the most valuable/important player on the field. Team sport and that is what wins championships. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Romo comes across as a huge Mahomes fanboy.  He likes Josh but it's more for being a fierce competitor ("a football player") than being a skilled QB.  I like Romo but this may be one where I hit the "mute"

I think it depends what the score is in the game.  I think Romo will be fair but he'll certainly be persuaded by how the game is going.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Romo comes across as a huge Mahomes fanboy.  He likes Josh but it's more for being a fierce competitor ("a football player") than being a skilled QB.  I like Romo but this may be one where I hit the "mute"

He's even worse with Brady - although that's the case with everyone I guess.  Come to think of it I haven't watched a game that included Brady without eventually muting after the first few minutes in years

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Dude, I feel the same way.

I was very nervous before both the Colts and Ravens game.  Now I’m good for some reason.

The weather is really the only thing worrying me.

Yeah, you're good for now. Until it starts to slowly creep up and get closer. I bet by Thursday or Friday at latest those nerves will start to act up again. I know mine has been through the roof the last 2 weeks.

I'll calm down and be happy and enjoy the win for the 1st 3 days or so, then when the game is in 2-3 days away my emotions slowly start going all over the place.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Not sure I can deal with Romo for this game.  He was like a coked up maniac in the foxhole on Sunday.  Way too amped and spastic for me.  On that 4th down play I thought he was possibly having a seizure.  

Because he guessed wrong - “they aren’t going to run a play here, Jim!! Look at their body language! They won’t even snap it Jim, you can tell!!”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I just don't want to see the same defensive game plan of the first meeting to let them run all over us and totally control the ball/game.  Even if the Bills 'kept it close', KC really controlled the game and it was frankly demoralizing to be gouged like that.   Would rather give up a big play on a 3 min drive and get our offense back on the field then let them have long time consuming drives battering us backwards.  I expect the defensive gameplan will be a little more sophisticated this time - and also I hope they plan to try to make Mahomes uncomfortable and move him from the pocket - with his toe and coming back from his "upper body injury", I can't imagine he will be as comfortable scrambling around.

I also think that Daboll has been saving some plays all season just for this game.

The Bills in week 19 are a completely different team than in the first meeting. I dont think there are any limitations to what Daboll will draw up for the game. My hope is they incorporate more play action than last week. I will not be surprised at some trickery - jet sweep pass, reverse, reverse pass, etc. 

Edited by ngbills
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, stevewin said:

I just don't want to see the same defensive game plan of the first meeting to let them run all over us and totally control the ball/game.  Even if the Bills 'kept it close', KC really controlled the game and it was frankly demoralizing to be gouged like that.   Would rather give up a big play on a 3 min drive and get our offense back on the field then let them have long time consuming drives battering us backwards.  I expect the defensive gameplan will be a little more sophisticated this time - and also I hope they plan to try to make Mahomes uncomfortable and move him from the pocket - with his toe and coming back from his "upper body injury", I can't imagine he will be as comfortable scrambling around.

I also think that Daboll has been saving some plays all season just for this game.

I think our defense could try a similar same game-plan, but agreed.. I hope it's more aggressive.  With Edmunds & Phillips healthy and Milano back, they may feel they have a better shot at stopping/slowing down the run game. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

Allen hopefully getting some juicy intel from Wyatt Teller about the Chiefs, or just Teller saying good luck maybe...

I remember that Allen and Teller were close when he was with the Bills

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Success said:

I posted similar sentiments a few days ago.  I found myself pulling for the Chiefs and wanting that match-up.

To add to what you said, I also feel like Mahomes/Allen could be the Brady/Manning of this era. Obviously, a Bills run would be fantastic - but a run that included a legendary rivalry like that makes it even more memorable.  

I'm also not afraid of that team.  I see them as a slightly better version of the Bills - but not by any kind of significant margin.  We can beat 'em.

Yes! I agree and have had the same thought.

I do not think this is the last time we will be seeing Bills-Chiefs in the playoffs and in the AFCCG. 

Allen/Mahomes has the potential to be one of the most exciting rivalries in the history of the NFL. Two electrifying, rare, generational talents, who just so happen to have come into the league at roughly the same time. Amazing. Here's hoping it comes to be, and that we get the better end of our share of these matchups!

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Yes! I agree and have had the same thought.

I do not think this is the last time we will be seeing Bills-Chiefs in the playoffs and in the AFCCG. 

Allen/Mahomes has the potential to be one of the most exciting rivalries in the history of the NFL. Two electrifying, rare, generational talents, who just so happen to have come into the league at roughly the same time. Amazing. Here's hoping it comes to be, and that we get the better end of our share of these matchups!

Brady Quinn brought up Brady and Manning rivalry when talking about the game this week. He said it feels like the start of something similar.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

If we ignore Cowherd, will he eventually just go away? He's an absolute idiot that was given his own show, why do people listen to him..

If he goes away then a Nick Wright appears - they are like cockroaches

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thanks Adam 

Good. Lets just put it to bed. He's gonna play.... I personally wouldnt have it any other way.

.... contrary to popular belief from chiefs planet and all their fans over there that think we're terrified of the thought 🙄

like somebody said earlier... "To BE the man, you gotta BEAT the man!"

51165UNILAD-imageoptim-giphy-2.gif

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Not sure I can deal with Romo for this game.  He was like a coked up maniac in the foxhole on Sunday.  Way too amped and spastic for me.  On that 4th down play I thought he was possibly having a seizure.  

Put me in the minority, but his schtick has gotten old. He gets muted now. Too bad cuz I enjoy Nantz. He went from analyst to professional ball gurglerer.

Edited by Bferra13
  • Agree 1