AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

2 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

....the Bills have played an extra playoff game, and in the regular season, only played one team that made the playoffs from week 10 on...they SHOULD have a large point differential.

In that same span, KC has played one fewer playoff game....and also played a game in week 17 where KC played all bakcups and had a -17 differential for the game.  KC also played 2 playoff teams on the road Tampa and NO.  Context helps.

• Eyeroll 4
  • Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

....the Bills have played an extra playoff game, and in the regular season, only played one team that made the playoffs from week 10 on...they SHOULD have a large point differential.

In that same span, KC has played one fewer playoff game....and also played a game in week 17 where KC played all bakcups and had a -17 differential for the game.  KC also played 2 playoff teams on the road Tampa and NO.  Context helps.

A little bit of a reach, man. 

I really enjoy your posts, you’ve been really even handed, but it’s a 121 point difference. If it was like 5 points, sure. It’s 121 points. 

We opted against resting our starters for 4 quarters and kept Miami out of the playoffs. In the event we don’t do that, each of us plays 2 playoff teams and rests their starters in week 17 and the point differential is, let’s say 80 points in favor of Buffalo. Does it make a difference? 

Take out the Colts playoff game too if you want... it was +3 points. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 6

8 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Why would the amount of games played impact the point differential.  That is how many more points you scored vs your opponents, correct?  

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I think its pretty objective to say that kc hasn't played their best football in awhile..doesn't at all mean we won't see it tomorrow though.  Routine dropped interception and they get held to 10 by the falcons...sloppy game against the dolphins...tight one against denver...Saints win is nice cuz thats a pretty tough defense but Drew brees isn't even at 50% health the dude broke ribs and punctured his lung 

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Why would the amount of games played impact the point differential.  That is how many more points you scored vs your opponents, correct?  

If my team plays one game and wins 20-10  I am +10.  If your team plays 5 games and wins them all 20-10, you are +50.  

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think its pretty objective to say that kc hasn't played their best football in awhile..doesn't at all mean we won't see it tomorrow though.  Routine dropped interception and they get held to 10 by the falcons...sloppy game against the dolphins...tight one against denver...Saints win is nice cuz thats a pretty tough defense but Drew brees isn't even at 50% health the dude broke ribs and punctured his lung 

1 minute ago, Zerovoltz said:

If my team plays one game and wins 20-10  I am +10.  If your team plays 5 games and wins them all 20-10, you are +50.  

I mean honestly at this point they're both good teams and it could go either way, might as well just enjoy the ride.

Chiefs can strike quick and they knock a lot of their opponents out of their gameplan...worked against us in the regular season cuz josh was trying to hit big chunk plays in the first half to play catchup and wasn't taking what the defense was giving him. Seems like teams are waking up to this as the browns stayed pretty balanced despite the chiefs jumping all over them early and hung around in that game.   This matchup should be interesting 

The last large margin win for the Chiefs came against the Jets ages ago. Having said that, it is a strength winning close games too, but sooner or later those close games get too close and Kyler Murray throws a one in a hundred TD with only a few seconds left of the game...

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Way more interested in his toe...I think we all knew he was passing concussion protocol.  If mahomes can't step into throws or scramble as well I think the bills have the advantage in this game. We played right into their hands last game trying to work the ball deep down the field cuz our entire defense was injured and just couldn't hold up...excited to see what happens

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

A little bit of a reach, man. 

I really enjoy your posts, you’ve been really even handed, but it’s a 121 point difference. If it was like 5 points, sure. It’s 121 points. 

We opted against resting our starters for 4 quarters and kept Miami out of the playoffs. In the event we don’t do that, each of us plays 2 playoff teams and rests their starters in week 17 and the point differential is, let’s say 80 points in favor of Buffalo. Does it make a difference? 

Take out the Colts playoff game too if you want... it was +3 points. 

I actually did my own math for real. 

I did weeks 10-16 for Buffalo and KC (excluded Week 17 because Chiefs rested their starters). They each played 6 games. 

Buffalo PD: 87

Kansas PD: 25

62 NET. 

Bills opponents during that stretch: 45-51

Chiefs opponents during that stretch: 50-46

throw out the WC round because the chiefs didn’t play that weekend and just use the divisional round. 

Buffalo PD: 104

Kansas PD: 30

74 NET. 

Bills opponents during that stretch: 56-55

Chiefs during that stretch: 61-51.

MAN, MY 80 PTS WAS CLOSE! 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

I actually did my own math for real. 

I did weeks 10-16 for Buffalo and KC. They each played 6 games. 

Buffalo PD: 87

Kansas PD: 25

62 NET. 

Bills opponents during that stretch: 45-51

Chiefs opponents during that stretch: 50-46

I dont think the past games really mean much its all about the individual position matchups.  I keep seeing 'analysts' saying the game will be close because we can't run the ball and the chiefs will sell out to stop the pass...but they did that in the last meeting and there were still checkdowns open for 5-6 yard gains all game long and we just panicked because our defense couldn't get stops until late in the third quarter.  Josh has seemed a lot better at taking what the defense has given him since that game especially in the playoffs. Idk I just dont see it as an upset really if the bills win but the talking heads will lose their minds if that happens and then go right back to sleeping on us in the super bowl lol

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I dont think the past games really mean much its all about the individual position matchups.  I keep seeing 'analysts' saying the game will be close because we can't run the ball and the chiefs will sell out to stop the pass...but they did that in the last meeting and there were still checkdowns open for 5-6 yard gains all game long and we just panicked because our defense couldn't get stops until late in the third quarter.  Josh has seemed a lot better at taking what the defense has given him since that game especially in the playoffs. Idk I just dont see it as an upset really if the bills win but the talking heads will lose their minds if that happens and then go right back to sleeping on us in the super bowl lol

Yeah I wasn’t really trying to get into all of that lol

I was just providing context for someone who said it matters. 

• Like (+1) 1

Its so bizarre to me how confident all the analysts are that this game is already decided...these are pretty evenly matched teams.  I think they've been watching our Colts game where we clearly didn't consider blanketing their mediocre tight ends in the passing game as a high priority and using that to say well Travis kelce is gonna go off.  Doesn't really work that way

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Its so bizarre to me how confident all the analysts are that this game is already decided...these are pretty evenly matched teams.  I think they've been watching our Colts game where we clearly didn't consider blanketing their mediocre tight ends in the passing game as a high priority and using that to say well Travis kelce is gonna go off.  Doesn't really work that way

Media talking heads still don’t know enough about us. Aaron Schatz at Football Outsiders picked us to win. There was an Athletic article where an anonymous player, coach and executive talked about the matchup and made predictions. The player picked the chiefs while the coach and and executive picked us. I thought that was interesting. 

Anyway I am certain all the chiefs knob slobbing is fuel for our guys.