AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Anyone thinking we pretty much utilize nearly the exact same game plan both on offense and defense as we did for week 6? Just add in a couple wrinkles. We held the Chiefs to 26 points for the game and to only 23 going into their final possession. Down only six with a chance to get the ball back and drive the field for the win. 

My thinking is we can't really do worst than we did on defense against the rush and we can't really have a worst offensive performance with only 206 total yards. Despite that it was less than a one score game with 4 and half minutes to go and we had them at their own 33 yard line staring down 3rd and 12. 

I guess if we were to change something up we would change up the offensive game plan to generate more yards. But I think Allen has progressed a lot since that game and would probably see the field a lot better both pre and post snap even with the same game plan.

Considering the health of the team now vs then, I can see them trying to play the same on defense for sure. 

Allen's injured shoulder hurt him in the first game so it's possible we could see the same offensive gameplan but feel like we are going to pull out all the plays that they have been saving for this match up. 

Edited by The Wiz

7 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The weather is all coming to a consensus.

5:40pm KC local time Sunday

34 degrees, chance of drizzle, breezy and cold, winds NE 10-20mph

Winds won’t be as bad as Orchard Park last Sat night but 10-20 is enough to disrupt things.

After the game ends into monday morning the weather deteriorates there 

where are you seeing that wind? Everything I am seeing says 9 MPH. 

Also, I have read that the walls of that stadium are straighter or higher or something, such that wind on the field ends up being less of an issue. Not sure how accurate that is.

I'll throw around some more numbers later....but I would like to give a BIG thank you to the Bills for drafting and developing Josh Allen and getting him to the awesome player he is today.....If the Bills were playing anyone other than KC, I'd be rooting my ass off for you guys...Love watching the Bills.....and even more than that, I HATE the Broncos...and just reading their fans over the past couple seasons watch Allen blossom into what he has, when they could have and should have drafted him.....has been very satisfying.  

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

where are you seeing that wind? Everything I am seeing says 9 MPH. 

Also, I have read that the walls of that stadium are straighter or higher or something, such that wind on the field ends up being less of an issue. Not sure how accurate that is.

for the week i’m following a bunch of local KC news channels on twitter.  they’ve been posting the weather like crazy since a winter storm will be skirting that area late sunday night into monday.

3 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I'll throw around some more numbers later....but I would like to give a BIG thank you to the Bills for drafting and developing Josh Allen and getting him to the awesome player he is today.....If the Bills were playing anyone other than KC, I'd be rooting my ass off for you guys...Love watching the Bills.....and even more than that, I HATE the Broncos...and just reading their fans over the past couple seasons watch Allen blossom into what he has, when they could have and should have drafted him.....has been very satisfying.  

The Broncos’ regret over that awful decision is going to grow greater every year.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

OMG OMG OMG I still cant believe where in the championship game tomorrow  and 1 game away from the F#$%$# SB 🤪

It's pretty crazy. I still haven't wrapped my head around it. It was weird during the press conferences this week with the custom backdrop behind Josh with the AFC Championship logo all over it. Even the first reporter said it was trippy. 

When you think about the Bills this century and think back to Losman, Edwards, Buddy Nix, EJ, Jauron and all the rest of them it's just insane to think that we're one of the final 4 teams left in the entire league

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

So....if you go back and look at that game again.....the Bills ran 10 personel 16 times that game.  HALF of those were in the 4th Q trailing late.  Sounds like a good plan.

KC has the guys to cover that...I hope the Bills run 10 personell the whole game.

I keep hearing how amazing the KC offense is and how their defense is very good. And yet somehow they haven’t won by more than 6 points in any of their last 9 games. I would think an unstoppable offense and very good defense would lead to the ability to outscore many of those mediocre teams by more than one TD? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Oh boy Honey Badger, being HYPED like he’s Ed Reed.

He’s a great player. But he’s not Rod Woodson or Ronnie Lott. 

KC has lost games with Mahomes on the team, they aren’t undefeated. 

JMO but he may well be the best all round safety in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, zow2 said:

for the week i’m following a bunch of local KC news channels on twitter.  they’ve been posting the weather like crazy since a winter storm will be skirting that area late sunday night into monday.

I have been looking at similar stuff, and haven’t seen high wind projections. The latest stuff I have seen from the local feeds is light mist and nothing mentioned about high winds.  

Not doubting you— but if you can provide a channel you are looking at, that would be great. That way I can obsessively Follow it too and stress out some more. 

3 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

JMO but he may well be the best all round safety in the league.

That’s fine. He may be.

I guess my thought all week is we can be scared of the Chiefs, play to stay close, or we can be ourselves and give it all we’ve got.

He can’t cover every single WR on the field simultaneously. 

We’ve always turned the other cheek as Bills fans, always were happy to break this curse or take our morale victories.

This Bills team is good enough to beat Almighty KC. And nothing is guaranteed, win while you have the chance.

Mahomes has a wildfires worth of smoke being blown his way by the media.

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

2 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

@Hapless Bills Fan 

If you read into those stats more....you see Buffalo has an even better pass D VS WR than KC does....however, the difference maker for KC is Kelce.  Buffalo had 25% of their opponents targets go to TE...that was tied for highest with a couple other teams...and as you see the Bills have a poor success rate VS TE (makes sense that teams would target the TE vs a team that isn't good at stopping the TE) .....

Kelce is what gives KC the advantage in the game.  He is a big part of what makes KC dangerous....if you stop the WRs with two deep zone etc....you aren't stopping Kelce...if you dedicated 2 guys to stopping Kelce, Mahomes is going to find the open target elsewhere......couple that with your lack of a 4 man pass rush....that is advantage KC.  It's why I have KC winning the game.  All other things being equal...TE is decidedly not equal here.

That's well thought out reasoning and I have the Bills winning this game because Allen is a better runner than Mahomes even without the lingering toe injury.  It should help us pick up first downs, in the red zone, and extend plays long enough for our WR's to get open.  Singletary, Knox, and Yeldon need to step up as I suspect Daboll recognizes the importance of throwing them the ball whether it's through screens or quick passes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

It's pretty crazy. I still haven't wrapped my head around it. It was weird during the press conferences this week with the custom backdrop behind Josh with the AFC Championship logo all over it. Even the first reporter said it was trippy. 

When you think about the Bills this century and think back to Losman, Edwards, Buddy Nix, EJ, Jauron and all the rest of them it's just insane to think that we're one of the final 4 teams left in the entire league

I'm in the same boat lol. It's just when Bills were good and went to 4 Super Bowls I was 14, 15, 16 years old. Was kinda used to/expecting success back then. That's been so long ago I'm trying to remember that feeling.

Lol, and my emotions are just all over the place. I'm extremely happy and over joyed, anxious, nervous, little scared I guess you could say. All those bundled up into one. But it's awesome!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1.  Not all, but some of the 1 score games you talk about...KC had well in hand and teams scored late to make them 1 score games.

2.  There is something to be said for having the target of "super bowl champs" on your back.  You get the best shots alot of teams have.....the Carolina game that we almost lost, they threw the entire kitchen sink of 4th downs, fake punts, trick gadget plays....they brought everything they had in a non conference game that KC probably was looking past.

3.  Speaking of looking past opponents....I'd like to tell you KC brought the A game all year long and took eveyrone seriously.  They DID NOT.  But in games that had a major billing...VS bills week 6, two score win...VS Baltimore week 3, two score win.  VS new Orleans...late score to get within a score....same with Tampa....and all road games.  KC up 19-3 on Cleveland before Mahomes injury....

I'd not put too much into that margin of victory thing, but even if you do, KC's point differential is still very good.

• Like (+1) 3