AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

This game is going to be fun to watch. The defense is clearly much better than it was during that first game. But I am really optimistic about the Bills offense too. Jon Feliciano was out that last game. John Brown was playing hurt. And I think Dawson Knox will play a key role this time around. KC has been weak all year against defending TEs. There are many things that have changed. Even Allen appears to be playing at a higher level. I suspect our TEs and RBs will be heavily involved in the passing game, especially if KC continues to run with 2 deep safties. The OL has been doing a fantastic job blocking for Josh lately. There are so many little things. It all adds up to a big surprise for KC. I suspect the offense will really get rolling.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

All true and I'm glad they went away from their typical game plan.

Everyone has their opinion on the game and it's mine that both teams put the ball and the game in their respective QBs hands.

It's going to be a shootout and like I said before the team with the better OL pass protection will have the advantage.

Which QB runs/scrambles better will be 2nd most important.

At least that's how I see it coming off tomorrow.

I hear ya.  

all year I’ve been pleading for spread them out and pass, pass, pass, pass all year.  I wouldn’t mind to see us with some 2 TE sets in order to force them into some 3 LB sets.  I’d really like to see if we can get the run game going  some.  It’s a slippery slope, as a couple failed drives due to not being able to run could decide the ball game, but I always thought that we would have to have some semblance of a run game in order to win the Super Bowl.  If we were playing in a dome, I’d probably think differently about that, but I just don’t see our passing offense going postal vs the chiefs like we did vs Miami, @NE, @SF etc.  I have lots of respect for Spags (and Chris Jones, Frank Clark and Mathieu) especially come the playoffs.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Oh boy Honey Badger, being HYPED like he’s Ed Reed.

He’s a great player. But he’s not Rod Woodson or Ronnie Lott. 

KC has lost games with Mahomes on the team, they aren’t undefeated. 

Honey Badger is a baller. But I would put Minkah ahead of him re best safety in the league today. 

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hear ya.  

all year I’ve been pleading for spread them out and pass, pass, pass, pass.  I wouldn’t mind to see us with some 2 TE sets in order to force them into some 3 LB sets.  I’d really like to see if we can get the run game going  some.  It’s a slippery slope, as a couple failed drives due to not being able to run could decide the ball game, but I always thought that we would have to have some semblance of a run game in order to win the Super Bowl.  If we were playing in a dome, I’d probably think differently about that, but I just don’t see our passing offense going postal vs the chiefs like we did vs Miami, @NE, @SF etc.  I have lots of respect for Spags (and Chris Jones, Frank Clark and Mathieu) especially come the playoffs.  

People thought I was kidding when I said that I was predicting Lee Smith to be the biggest difference maker this week. I think we will see more of him and a Knox out there. They are going to pound it at times— not necessarily a lot— and get sneaky with the TE’s in the pass game. sort of what they did to Miami in the week 17 game. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

People thought I was kidding when I said that I was predicting Lee Smith to be the biggest difference maker this week. I think we will see more of him and a Knox out there. They are going to pound it at times— not necessarily a lot— and get sneaky with the TE’s in the pass game. sort of what they did to Miami in the week 17 game. 

Knox has almost a 100% catch rate in the playoffs. I would not be at all surprised to see him as a big part of the game plan tomorrow. Browns TEs were eating vs the chiefs last week 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hear ya.  

all year I’ve been pleading for spread them out and pass, pass, pass, pass.  I wouldn’t mind to see us with some 2 TE sets in order to force them into some 3 LB sets.  I’d really like to see if we can get the run game going  some.  It’s a slippery slope, as a couple failed drives due to not being able to run could decide the ball game, but I always thought that we would have to have some semblance of a run game in order to win the Super Bowl.  If we were playing in a dome, I’d probably think differently about that, but I just don’t see our passing offense going postal vs the chiefs like we did vs Miami, @NE, @SF etc.  I have lots of respect for Spags (and Chris Jones, Frank Clark and Mathieu) especially come the playoffs.  

Exactly.  IF they can run some early it would open up the playbook so much.  If they can't you gave up on those drives.

It will be crazy to watch and see how they start the game in the 1st half.

Bills D can't give up the big splash plays for TDs.  Make KC score from the redzone.  Bills D tightens up good there.

On O the Bills have the advantage if they can play to score from the redzone.

I've paced myself pretty good all week but it's all coming down now and I'm so ready for this game!

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

We really have to be in order to win imo.  I don’t think the chiefs D gets enough credit. Like many people have said this week, the matching of wits in the play calling between both teams will likely win the game.  

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:
Did he even play vs Bills... he was invisible this year and last year 

yup. Minkah played and Josh made him look silly. Not sure you remember— but that corner TD pass to Gabe Davis in the Steelers game. Minkah was basically dating Josh to throw it and I think grossly underestimated Josh’s arm strength. He zipped the ball in and minkah couldn’t even get near it.

that’s why I am less concerned with Honey Badger. Josh has made a lot of elite DB’s this year look really bad. If guys like Minkah, Howard, Sherman, and Jackson were getting schooled, I am Not sure there is true shutdown-type DB that can stop Allen and Diggs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Knox has almost a 100% catch rate in the playoffs. I would not be at all surprised to see him as a big part of the game plan tomorrow. Browns TEs were eating vs the chiefs last week 

Agree 💯. Would love to see him face plant a couple defenders on the way to the end zone

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

yup. Minkah played and Josh made him look silly. Not sure you remember— but that corner TD pass to Gabe Davis in the Steelers game. Minkah was basically dating Josh to throw it and I think grossly underestimated Josh’s arm strength. He zipped the ball in and minkah couldn’t even get near it.

that’s why I am less concerned with Honey Badger. Josh has made a lot of elite DB’s this year look really bad. If guys like Minkah, Howard, Sherman, and Jackson were getting schooled, I am Not sure there is true shutdown-type DB that can stop Allen and Diggs. 

Thank you. And I’m not bashing minkah by any means. I’m thrilled that Miami traded him. But for whether reason I felt he was a non factor in both games the Bills played vs him since then. 

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

they can do what the browns did last week. Maybe not run as well— but run well enough and then do better in the play action pass game. 

The more I think about this game— I think we will see a very browns’ like personnel package out there. 

15 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Honey Badger is a baller. But I would put Minkah ahead of him re best safety in the league today. 

Honey Badger is a good, solid player/safety, but not one that I would be scared of or worry about. In other words I highly doubt Josh is going to avoid his area of the field. Main thing with him is the Bills OL and Josh will need to keep an eye on his blitzing. He does disguise pretty well along with some of the other Chiefs D.

I think he is more dangerous at the LOS and Blitzing than he is covering WR's. That's just my opinion though.

27 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

what is the wind situation looking like?

The weather is all coming to a consensus.

5:40pm KC local time Sunday

34 degrees, chance of drizzle, breezy and cold, winds NE 10-20mph

Winds won’t be as bad as Orchard Park last Sat night but 10-20 is enough to disrupt things.

After the game ends into monday morning the weather deteriorates there 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I agree. I think we will see this too, or at least attempted. I think Bills will try the Lee Smith or Knox at the LOS playing like they are blocking and slip out the last few seconds and be wide open.

We haven't seen that in a bit. You said like they did in Miami game, they may have and I just don't remember. But I remember very well (not sure who Bills were playing 100%) but Lee Smith fooled the D and they thought for sure he was blocking, then he slipped away and was completely wide open with nobody around in the end zone.

Anyone thinking we pretty much utilize nearly the exact same game plan both on offense and defense as we did for week 6? Just add in a couple wrinkles. We held the Chiefs to 26 points for the game and to only 23 going into their final possession. Down only six with a chance to get the ball back and drive the field for the win. 

My thinking is we can't really do worst than we did on defense against the rush and we can't really have a worst offensive performance with only 206 total yards. Despite that it was less than a one score game with 4 and half minutes to go and we had them at their own 33 yard line staring down 3rd and 12. 

I guess if we were to change something up we would change up the offensive game plan to generate more yards. But I think Allen has progressed a lot since that game and would probably see the field a lot better both pre and post snap even with the same game plan.

• Like (+1) 1