AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have seen chiefs fans this week brag about how their defense has been the best against WR’s— I guess least number of yards by WR’s.

What do you all make of that? Something about that stat seems fishy

LOLOLOL!  Well YEAH it's fishy! 

Receiving yards are receiving yards.  When you're facing a team, you shut down its players.  Two of the top 10 receivers in the league this year are TE.

Who is the Chiefs top receiver - KELCE!  I bet the teams that face the Chiefs all pound their chests and say "Kelce hung 159 yards on us, but HOT DAMN we sure did shut down their WR!!!!  If receiving yards by TE don't count, I bet the Chiefs previous opponents all want Kelce's 1416 yds and the gains and scores subtracted

Ok, well, I guess not. 

The Chiefs have faced a number of teams with strong receiving TE - Hunter Henry, Mark Andrews, Waller who is top 10 (2x), Gronkowski, Hayden Hurst, even Fant.

I suppose their point is to say "see, we're better at shutting down WR so since you don't have a good pass catching TE surrender now", but teams who make the TE an integral part of their passing game pass less to the WR, drrr.  And when Gronk is hanging 106 on you it still counts

It seems like one of those stats created to make the team look good that may not really mean much

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

LOLOLOL!  Well YEAH it's fishy! 

Receiving yards are receiving yards.  When you're facing a team, you shut down its players.  Two of the top 10 receivers in the league this year are TE.

Who is the Chiefs top receiver - KELCE!  I bet the teams that face the Chiefs all pound their chests and say "Kelce hung 159 yards on us, but HOT DAMN we sure did shut down their WR!!!!  If receiving yards by TE don't count, I bet the Chiefs previous opponents all want Kelce's 1416 yds and the gains and scores subtracted

Ok, well, I guess not. 

The Chiefs have faced a number of teams with strong receiving TE - Hunter Henry, Mark Andrews, Waller who is top 10 (2x), Gronkowski, Hayden Hurst, even Fant.

I suppose their point is to say "see, we're better at shutting down WR so since you don't have a good pass catching TE surrender now", but teams who make the TE an integral part of their passing game pass less to the WR, drrr.  And when Gronk is hanging 106 on you it still counts

It seems like one of those stats created to make the team look good that may not really mean much

The reason why it matters:

Buffalo plays more 3 and 4 WR than anyone in the league.  If you guys are going to come out in 3 and 4 wide all game, then you allow KC to put it's optimal defense on the field.  That matters because KC's linebackers absolutely SUCK in coverage.  KC allows a TON of points and stats to TE and pass catching backs.....when they are in base defense....with the 3 linebackers out there.

You all might not think so, but part of why Josh struggled VS KC in week 6 is because the Bills don't have a TE threat AND...important AND...not a big time threatening running game.....

When the Chiefs aren't worried about a TE or an RB running....they will nickel and dime you to death.  It isn't a coincidence that Diggs tied his 2nd lowest number of recpetions and second lowest yardage total on the year VS KC.  That's what KC does ......when they can play extra DB's all game long.  KC has a slew of really good corners and safeties.

it's the main reason why the KC defense is a bad matchup for the Bills.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Buffalo plays more 3 and 4 WR than anyone in the league.  If you guys are going to come out in 3 and 4 wide all game, then you allow KC to put it's optimal defense on the field.  That matters because KC's linebackers absolutely SUCK in coverage.  KC allows a TON of points and stats to TE and pass catching backs.....when they are in base defense....with the 3 linebackers out there.

You all might not think so, but part of why Josh struggled VS KC in week 6 is because the Bills don't have a TE threat AND...important AND...not a big time threatening running game.....

When the Chiefs aren't worried about a TE or an RB running....they will nickel and dime you to death.  It isn't a coincidence that Diggs tied his 2nd lowest number of recpetions and second lowest yardage total on the year VS KC.  That's what KC does ......when they can play extra DB's all game long.  KC has a slew of really good corners and safeties.

They didn't have much of a problem with Cleveland and Chubb and Hunt.  3 catches for 6 yards total between the two of them.

But yes the Browns did get some production from their TEs.  Who are good btw.  

Edited by Big Blitz

Looking at the Chiefs schedule, they played Watson in week 1 who was beginning life with no Nuke.

Other than that they allowed Carr Bridgewater and Brady to light them up.

Carr threw for 340 in a win.  

Curtis Samuel and Robbie Anderson had 18 catches for 163 yards against them.  

Ryan played with no Julio and took some stupid sacks.   

So when they see good passing offenses, we've seen they can be thrown on.  

6 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have seen chiefs fans this week brag about how their defense has been the best against WR’s— I guess least number of yards by WR’s. 

What do you all make of that? Something about that stat seems fishy, but I can’t put my finger on it. If you look at their games, some of the better receivers have had really good games against them (Allen, Ridley). 

I was checking out some of the Cheifs fan forums last and what a bunch of cocky ignorant #%^holes.... Right now I hate the Cheifs worse than the Patriots

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

I was checking out some of the Cheifs fan forums last and what a bunch of cocky ignorant #%^holes.... Right now I hate the Cheifs worse than the Patriots

The Chiefs have only lost once in their last 6,000 games and have a SB title mixed in there.

They have earned the right to be arrogant pricks if they wanna be.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, billsherd said:

One advantage Chiefs have is the experience in playing in game like this last year and in Superbowl. 

Don’t forget they know the locker rooms better at Arrowhead as well.  Huge edge.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

First, it would be a mistake to base your analysis of this game based on what happened in week 6.  Different team now, and that was a different game.  

Second, i doubt KC has faced any team with the depth of the Bills WR group.  They are 4 deep with guys who can beat you for big plays and play possession as well if you want.  That does not even account for MacKenzie who can beat you as a WR or runner.  The running backs and tight ends are not high end but can and do make catches.  Their strength though is WR as you point out.  I like this matchup just fine.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

Well Knox didn’t play in week 6.  I know we don’t have the same TE production as KC but you should be fair in your analysis. Also, make sure to come in here if the Chiefs lose. You came here really quick last year after the SB win, so you know your way. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

8 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

What do you all make of that? Something about that stat seems fishy, but I can’t put my finger on it. If you look at their games, some of the better receivers have had really good games against them (Allen, Ridley). 

Against us week 6, their philosophy was to interfere and play extremely physical with hopes that the refs didn’t throw flags.  They’d Esther f grrrrrr ace penalty yards than passing yards 

5 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

Yeah, it isn’t a coincidence because breeland was holding a Diggs the entire game.  Got called for 2 PI, should’ve had D multiple holding calls too.  

Anyone watching nfl network? They are talking about Kelce and they have a three man panel... the one guy (sorry I don’t know his name) said “when you’re #1 corner, Tre white, who is struggling right now, can’t cover the TE”... I rewound it twice to make sure I heard it right that he actually said Tre white and actually meant how he was playing now. What?