AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

Just now, RichRiderBills said:

I dont think we need to play our best to win. We are that good. Knox does not play against Kelce. 

Kelce is a huge part of their offense.  Knox is not that for the Bills.  Kelce is a difference maker on KC and presents a tough match up.  Not so much Knox.

56 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I have a Bills logo on my garage door that's there year round - and usually during football season we have a small Bills flag up in the yard - nothing big and probably easily missed if you were just casually passing by.  A couple weeks ago someone left a Bills hat in my mailbox.  Have no idea who it was.    A little creepy - but still cool 

That’s awesome! 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

14 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Kelce is a huge part of their offense.  Knox is not that for the Bills.  Kelce is a difference maker on KC and presents a tough match up.  Not so much Knox.

We dont use the TE as much. Our offense does not need a difference maker to function. We've scorched better defenses with Knox in the lineup, and Knox has a role. Our slot WR is a huge part of our offense. We've got a ton of wrinkles over the season; Diggs, Davis, Beasley, Smoke...even Mckenzie over the season is a big asset. Dont underestimate what we've done....

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/20/2021 at 1:10 PM, Rock'em Sock'em said:

In points, sure.  In total yards.... the Bills were the ones buried the last two games.  To be the best, you need to beat the best.  And that may happen this week and next.  Double everyone and also commit to stopping the run. They've got this.  Go Bills!

I'm saturated with opinions, analysis and stats. It's all repetitive now. Taking it all together, it adds up to a Bills win seven times out of ten. It just does. 

2 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

We dont use the TE as much. Our offense does not need a difference maker to function. We've scorched better defenses. Knox has a role. Our slot WR is a huge part of our offense. We've got a ton of wrinkles over the season; Diggs, Davis, Beasley, Smoke...even Mckenzie over the season is a big asset. 

The point I was making is that the only positional difference where they are clearly better is at TE.  Otherwise I do believe we are the overall better team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

I have my pundit-to-English dictionary.  When someone says, "It's just Diggs," it means "I haven't seen the Bills play this season."

This morning when I was listening to Colin Cowherd, he basically ranked the order of most interesting to least interesting Super Bowl.

From most to least:

Kansas City vs Tampa Bay

Kansas City vs Green Bay

Buffalo vs Tampa Bay

Buffalo vs Green Bay

His cohost Joy agreed with him, but in agreeing with him, she said something that I think is so true.  She said "we just don't know enough about Josh Allen, yet."

And neither of them were saying the Bills in the Super Bowl would be uninteresting.  They were actually praising the fact that we're bound for an interesting Super Bowl, no matter what.  But I just thought that statement was a good representation of the nation right now and its perception of Buffalo

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

Watching the football "analysis" by "experts" today on ESPN and NFL Network for the Bills/KC game has been crazy.  The "analysis" is mostly a lazy rehash of the first Bills/KC game - with conclusions that the Bills D couldn't stop KC and Josh Allen wasn't good enough - so of course they can't beat KC this time.   I get that they might Just Suck At Their Job, but they display no real knowledge of the team, the season, the players - other than just tired narratives (You Can't Stop The Chiefs Can Only Hope To Contain Them, When Will Bad Josh Allen Show Up blah blah blah).  C'mon - there's 4 teams left - can't they shell out for NFL GamePass and watch a few games, read a few articles - do *something* to actually gain/show some knowledge about the subject they are supposed to be "experts" on?   

One show actually had a segment something like "Can the Bills overcome the big gaffe" - because JoSh FuMbLeD last two playoff games so it's a foregone conclusion.  One guy even singled out the long throw to Diggs in the Balt game as a gaffe?!  It's crazy. 

Screw them all.  Let's all remember that Josh Allen had a few weeks there after the Raiders game where he was still clearly recovering from an injury.  Also, we didn't play that game with Milano in the lineup and Edmunds was hobbled.

Allen's healthy now.  I know that we're dealing with some injuries from Davis and Beasley, but McDermott made it sound like Beas will be good.  Plus John Brown is back and healthy and had a sneaky good game last week against the Ravens.  I'm not excited about the fact that it looks like it's going to be raining, but it appears it won't be too windy.  I hope Allen took something from that game in the rain in Buffalo and gets better from it.

And then there's Milano, who I really think is just the X-factor of our D.  Here's an interesting snippet from Joe B's All-22 in The Athletic's analysis of the Baltimore game:

https://theathletic.com/2335118/2021/01/20/bills-ravens-josh-allen-dion-dawkins-matt-milano/

5) Milano is proving why he should be an offseason priority

For the second straight week in the playoffs, Bills linebacker Matt Milano showed that when he’s on the field for every snap, he makes the entire defense better. In addition to tackles and pass breakups, Milano made several standout plays against the Ravens that he wasn’t credited for on the stat sheet. Milano redirected rush attempts back inside by filling exterior run lanes. He fought through blocks to help plug running lanes and force Lamar Jackson to keep the ball on zone-reads, as the Bills had planned. Milano also scared Jackson off from throwing to his zone.

The Bills will have some significant offseason decisions to make when they get there, especially if the salary cap decreases to the $176 million floor. Milano, an unrestricted free agent, ranks near the top of those decisions. He has been an outright difference-maker for the Bills. Right guard Jon Feliciano and right tackle Daryl Williams have both produced this season, but Milano’s overall impact is the biggest reason he should be the Bills’ top priority among UFAs in the offseason.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

🤦‍♂️

Let's just say, Andy Reid would be quite happy if we did anything like that.

We know there are 4 skill players other than Kelce and Hill on the field, yes?

He was asked.  We don't know what he would have said about Davis and Butler, because he was asked all sorts of dumb questions about what he did as Andy Reid's assistant 19 years ago instead. 

The Media.  Some days they da Windshield, some days they da Bug

😥

There offense runs through those two players... what are you talking about? 

This game seems like another huge jinx for Kansas City Chiefs just like the Baltimore Ravens game.

• Patrick Mahomes has NEVER thrown an INT in his AFC title match ups thus far.
  • Kansas City mayor made plans for Chiefs Super Bowl parade. I heard nothing from Buffalo mayor.
  • Chiefs beat us in Week 6. We owe them one.
  • Most of the talking heads, once again, chose Chiefs to win. And rightfully so. I'm not gonna hate on them for that.
  • Kansas City Chiefs has been on easy street for a while now. Even the playoff win against the Browns was easy for Chiefs.
  • Talking heads still disrespecting our Bills' defense. Our key players will be playing this Sunday. I would be extra motivated if I was Bills defense.
  • We faced great defenses and still won. Talking heads are dismissing that.
  • Mahomes' pinched nerve is not gonna bother him. It's that turf toe that's gonna mess him up.
  • There's a good chance of rain and winds? So what? We're used to that. Those conditions will affect Mahomes and the Chiefs, too.
  • Josh Allen doesn't have a separated shoulder this time around like he did in Week 6.
  • Stefon Diggs >>> Tyreek Hill this season.
  • Josh Allen is having an MVP level season.

Previously, I had the odds as 40-60 in favor of Chiefs. Now, I have this game as 50-50. It's a toss up. All of our previous games this season built us up for this one. If it ends this Sunday, this was a magical season for us.

Let's. Go. Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This morning when I was listening to Colin Cowherd, he basically ranked the order of most interesting to least interesting Super Bowl.

From most to least:

Kansas City vs Tampa Bay

Kansas City vs Green Bay

Buffalo vs Tampa Bay

Buffalo vs Green Bay

His cohost Joy agreed with him, but in agreeing with him, she said something that I think is so true.  She said "we just don't know enough about Josh Allen, yet."

And neither of them were saying the Bills in the Super Bowl would be uninteresting.  They were actually praising the fact that we're bound for an interesting Super Bowl, no matter what.  But I just thought that statement was a good representation of the nation right now and its perception of Buffalo

Didn't realize Joy is Jason Taylor's sister   - Yes the old Fins DE

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jkeerie said:

No one questions that Kelce is a huge part of the KC offense.

I think the point is that you don't line up their receivers (WR and TE) against ours and say "yeah, better TE, advantage KC"

The question is how do we match up against their receivers and shut them down, vs. how they match up against us?

We did a pretty good job of limiting Mark Andrews - 4 of 11 for 28 yds.  Doyle, not so much.  It's not that Doyle is so much a better player, but that the Colts have a far more complex, nuanced, and quick passing game and they did a good job of sowing confusion in our zone.

The Colts struggled to shut down Beasley (7 of 7 for 54 yd, multiple 1st downs) and Davis (4 of 4 for 85).  The Ravens took away Beasley, but that left Brown (8 of 11 for 62 yds).  Both Beasley and Brown are players who are capable of confounding coverage and racking up a triple-digit game - Beasley has done it 5 times this year. including against several of the best defenses in the league.

BTW, the reason Kelce is so valuable is because he can make moves and run routes like a WR with the size of a TE.  He's the best TE in the league and has been for several years.  29 other teams in the league don't have a TE like that.

I have seen chiefs fans this week brag about how their defense has been the best against WR’s— I guess least number of yards by WR’s. 

What do you all make of that? Something about that stat seems fishy, but I can’t put my finger on it. If you look at their games, some of the better receivers have had really good games against them (Allen, Ridley).