AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

29 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

We are close enough to the game now to know what the weather is going to be like, for the most part.

At game time it will be in the upper 30s (F) with some drizzle and light rain on and off.  

Local weather guys always know what's going on best in their area.  I've been watching NBC, CBS, and ABC local affiliates in KC this week.  They're all talking about the game time weather.

I did the same thing with Channels 2, 4, and 7 in Buffalo last week; the Buffalo weather people were spot on.

Not disagreeing with you-- but I had read that this upcoming weather is a bit funky, and harder to predict. It's like an unusual collision of an odd cold and warm front right within the KC area.  

By the way, I have not seen a lot of differing views re the wind-- seems like 10 MPH or so.  Is that what you have seen? 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Mango said:

Stills, maybe, but that is just based on Davis not practicing at all this week. 

I don't get the Freeman whispers I have read on the board this week. Did I miss a Singletary or Yeldon injury?

I have no proof, but I get the sense that McD is a big loyalty guy when it comes bringing guys up from the PS last minute. If a player has been grinding for him for an entire season, that is the player that is getting the call more often than not. Freeman would have to be embarrassing Williams, Yeldon, etc. daily before he gets the nod. 

Well Davis not practicing I bet is him getting rest. I feel confident he will play Sunday. He played the whole game against the Ravens. IMO I think he is just getting a rest day similar to how they give some veterans at times.

And I agree with you regarding Freeman. I think they go with Yeldon again.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

Just now, Patrick_Duffy said:

Well Davis not practicing I bet is him getting rest. I feel confident he will play Sunday. He played the whole game against the Ravens. IMO I think he is just getting a rest day similar to how they give some veterans at times.

Right, I am agreeing with you. I can get to how we got to talking about whether Stills plays or not. 

Freeman, I do not really get. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

So heres a stat for you compliments of Colin Cowherd....

Since the bye, in week 12, the Bills redzone defense is ranked #1 in the league. In that same span KC's offense is ranked 26th in the redzone..... keep it in front of you. make them EARN it. They've had trouble finishing inside the redzone for almost 2 months now.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Mango said:

Stills, maybe, but that is just based on Davis not practicing at all this week. 

I don't get the Freeman whispers I have read on the board this week. Did I miss a Singletary or Yeldon injury?

I have no proof, but I get the sense that McD is a big loyalty guy when it comes bringing guys up from the PS last minute. If a player has been grinding for him for an entire season, that is the player that is getting the call more often than not. Freeman would have to be embarrassing Williams, Yeldon, etc. daily before he gets the nod. 

not sure it's about loyalty as much as trust. It's difficult for someone's first game to be Sunday. You want them prepared so no mistakes lining up, miss a blitz pickup....

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

And still 2 days away. So I wouldn't put much stock into any weather report til about Saturday evening.

I lived in Missouri for four years. The weather changes on a dime. Even at this point, I wouldn't be surprised by heavy rain and 15 mph winds or no rain or wind.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

So heres a stat for you compliments of Colin Cowherd....

Since the bye, in week 12, the Bills redzone defense is ranked #1 in the league. In that same span KC's offense is ranked 26th in the redzone..... keep it in front of you. make them EARN it. They've had trouble finishing inside the redzone for almost 2 months now.

Interesting stats and thanks for sharing. Unfortunately, none of it matters. 

19 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

And I agree with you regarding Freeman. I think they go with Yeldon again.

Freeman was practicing with the starting players. Heard it from sources.

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Funny how people forget that season. We were one game from our first super bowl. 

I haven't forgotten it. The Ickey Shuffle, the ball that bounced off of Ronnie Harmon's hands, Sam Wyche having his players fake injuries, the Bickering Bills season that followed.... Bad memories. 

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Our media is too busy asking Sean to walk them down memory lane and ask about his feelings of amazement watching the City of Buffalo support the Bills.

Again, because he will comment on those things. You are so butt hurt with the excitement, its bizarre. 

10 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Interesting stats and thanks for sharing. Unfortunately, none of it matters. 

uh ya. it kinda does. how a team has played down the stretch usually gives you a good idea of trends or where they are lacking.....

this would be like saying "The bills havent been able to run the ball for a month now. but that doesnt matter now"..... it does.

• Like (+1) 1