AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

I've been pretty quiet most of this week basking in the glow of beating the Ravens.  Like every Bills fan, I believe this team can and should win the whole damn thing.  It's been a fantastic week.  I want to believe that Buffalo will be the sentimental favorite outside or GB, TB and KC, especially in the AFC.  I'm not at all bothered by the outside prognostications.  It matters not.  I can't get wrapped up in the injury reports, weather, or outside noise.  Because we know this team has a true shot.  Something I haven't been able to say for decades.  Decades.  The tribute to the 90s team that Shrager just did on GMFB was awesome.  It's easy to forget the Bills record in AFC Championship games.  Those teams took down Elway, Marino and Montana.   Back to the present and future.  What a glorious ride this is..    The future looks LED bright.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

I can’t wait for this game to start. All week the experts have been saying, without actually saying it that we have no chance of beating the Chiefs. We shock the NFL world Sunday night is my prediction!

I've read a number of predictions that have the Bills winning, i guess that's one way of 'not actually' saying we have no chance to beat the Chiefs.  They are the defending champs with 1 loss all season, it's not a stretch to pick them to win at home this weekend.

13 hours ago, Dukestreetking said:

Thanks for putting this up.

I know this guy is hit or miss, and the bits need tighter editing, but some good chuckles in this one.

I further realize it's the running schtick, but gotta give bonus points for playing multiple characters, Peter Sellers-like.

For a one-man production, born out of the pandemic,  shot on an iphone (I assume) it's pretty good. Definitely some better than others. His Bills-fan-waking-up-from-coma episode was his high point.

34 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

I can’t wait for this game to start. All week the experts have been saying, without actually saying it that we have no chance of beating the Chiefs. We shock the NFL world Sunday night is my prediction!

I'm actually puzzled by how little mention of the Bills there is in most of the articles in seeing. I'm seeing articles on Mahomes that don't even say Bills or Buffalo.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Is there a solid reason based on this season alone that the bills are being given no chance in this game? 

That’s the key question.  Was just watching the Football Outsiders conference championship video preview and they basically said, you either trust the data and pick Buffalo, or believe that this season doesn’t matter and the Chiefs can just flip a switch to turn into the 2018-19 version of themselves, which analytics has never seen happen.  The non-analytics media seems to believe this to be the case.  The smart money seems to be on Buffalo covering if not winning outright.  Also I’m nervous.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

A lot are also picking the Bills to win

Just now, klos63 said:

This will upset many Bills fans that like to whine about gettin no respect.

but no one is picking the Bills to win!!

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

That’s the key question.  Was just watching the Football Outsiders conference championship video preview and they basically said, you either trust the data and pick Buffalo, or believe that this season doesn’t matter and the Chiefs can just flip a switch to turn into the 2018-19 version of themselves, which analytics has never seen happen.  The non-analytics media seems to believe this to be the case.  The smart money seems to be on Buffalo covering if not winning outright.  Also I’m nervous.

I'm trying to hold out on this till Sunday....

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

No offense to the analytics people but I think we all saw this year with Josh that there are always anomaly's to the numbers.  This is going to be a shootout that we can definitely win, but the Chiefs have been on this stage before and performed well.  This game is going to come down to a few number of plays and who can make the most of their opportunities. I can't wait til Sunday!!1 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Halloween Land said:

Are the Bills 4-0 in AFC Championship games or did they lose one before there Superbowl run?

lost to the Chiefs in 66' and lost to the Bengals in 88' (thats the one you are referring to). So technically we are 4-2