AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

Stefon Diggs: I don’t want this moment to pass me by

I'm watching Diggs quietly put together a playoff performance similar to Larry Fitzgerald's 2008 run, which culminated in the Super Bowl.

Even if they want to take away Diggs, they won't be able to.

Fitz

Game, Rec/yds/TDs

1,      6/101/1

2,     8/166/1

3,     9/152/3

SB,   7/127/2

Diggs

1,     6/128/1

2,    8/106/1

If the Bills/Chiefs game turns into the shoot-out some people expect it to be, Diggs could put up a similar game 3 line. 

This will be exciting and could be historical.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

Terrell Davis is such a hater. 

I was thinking the same thing the hate a 15-3 team gets every week in unreal we could we 25 games in a row and lose one and everyone will say I told you they suck. I would love the bills to win the super bowl and tell all the media no interviews 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

everyone is saying, 'oh do you really want to get into a shoot out with the chiefs? shouldnt you run the ball and try to be balanced?' blah blah blah

how else do you beat the chiefs asides from trying to get into a shootout and outscore them? do people really think a 100 yd game from singletary is going to win the bills the game?

its going to take a 350 yd performance from JA17 with everyone getting the ball.

I hear you on singletary but I think we might need both 350 from Allen and a 100 on the ground 

2 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

everyone is saying, 'oh do you really want to get into a shoot out with the chiefs? shouldnt you run the ball and try to be balanced?' blah blah blah

how else do you beat the chiefs asides from trying to get into a shootout and outscore them? do people really think a 100 yd game from singletary is going to win the bills the game?

its going to take a 350 yd performance from JA17 with everyone getting the ball.

I agree.  I think the "run the ball and keep them off the field" mentality is old and outdated.  It would slow down our own offense.  Running the ball is not what we are good at.  Even if it was all you do is lower the overall score.  You still have to score TD's and still have to stop them from scoring TDs.  I really don't see how running the ball keeps them from scoring TDs.  It just keeps us from scoring TDs.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The player on injury report who concerns me most is Vernon Butler

This 100%. Butler out requires Jefferson to move inside and Murphy, Epenesa and Johnson all active. 

Butler is the only true wide-body and has been playing well.  Phillips is similar and also playing well but need two of them if they want to consistently keep only 6 in the box and not get gashed in the running game like in week 6. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

This 100%. Butler out requires Jefferson to move inside and Murphy, Epenesa and Johnson all active. 

Butler is the only true wide-body and has been playing well.  Phillips is similar and also playing well but need two of them if they want to consistently keep only 6 in the box and not get gashed in the running game like in week 6. 

Zimmer?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I agree.  I think the "run the ball and keep them off the field" mentality is old and outdated.  It would slow down our own offense.  Running the ball is not what we are good at.  Even if it was all you do is lower the overall score.  You still have to score TD's and still have to stop them from scoring TDs.  I really don't see how running the ball keeps them from scoring TDs.  It just keeps us from scoring TDs.

I was in the camp that wished we had a stronger running game but watching the playoffs has solidified something for me. The bills run specific short pass plays that are essentially running plays. They’re 3-5 yard plays with potential for more. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Of course, but I consider him more like Oliver's rotational partner. Whereas Butler and Phillips spell each other on the other side. 

At least that's my take on it. 

At a high level, you've pretty much got it.  That said, the Bills mix the line around a TON based on whether they're more focused on run or pass that game, what down and distance etc.  They also swap around who lines up at 1T and who lines up at 3T.  I started trying to figure out who was paired with whom and where they were lined up snap by snap in a couple games and I gave up 'cuz it made my head hurt.

Butler saw 53% of the snaps against the Colts and I'm pretty sure that's the way the team would prefer to go this week if he can play.  But it's pretty hard to stop a behemoth OLman if you aren't playing on solid underpinnings.

9 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Of course, but I consider him more like Oliver's rotational partner. Whereas Butler and Phillips spell each other on the other side. 

At least that's my take on it. 

Fair point, I don’t think they protected any DL on the PS this week. Will be interesting to see what they do. I feel like if he practices tomorrow though he has a shot to play

Just now, Figster said:

Mod in the K C forum is crying his eyes out because TBD fans think his Mahomie slammed his helmet down and he didn't.

All a little slow over there I'm afraid...

He's reading If anyone wants to chime in

I’ll pass. I went to that board years ago (Orton was our QB) and my eyes are still bleeding. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 1/17/2021 at 5:24 PM, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

They just don't seem to be "clicking" like they were last year. To me they don't seem nearly as scary to play right now. 

And with all that I still think Allen will need to have his best game of the playoffs , he will need to be smart with the ball , we can’t afford any sack / fumbles or turnovers and give KC extra possession, 

Hopefully our D shows up again BIG Time!!

GO BILLS BABY !! 

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The 'Pokes weigh in on that CBS "rooting interests" map!

Last year we had a nice fire going before the WFT game and a nice couple randomly stopped by and asked if they could get warmed up. We obviously invited them right in. Got to chatting. Weren’t bills fans, but had flown in from Wyoming the night before just to watch their old cowboy Qb and get the game day experience in OC. Before they walked off they both had said it most definitely won’t be their last trip.... i thought that was pretty dang cool.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

I was in the camp that wished we had a stronger running game but watching the playoffs has solidified something for me. The bills run specific short pass plays that are essentially running plays. They’re 3-5 yard plays with potential for more. 

I agree.  My personal opinion is that I would like to be able to run the ball better but not to keep another offense off the field.  More so that it makes it tougher for defenses to defend everything.

141259696_1153159795116304_6069400735683

53 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I.Need.That.Hat

Me.Too.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2