AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

11 minutes ago, Magox said:

Bill, I think this whole experience ever since McD/Beane ran the show has been one hell of a ride.  We've made the playoffs in 3 out of the 4 years, have some really good playmakers on defense and drafted an elite level franchise QB who will very likely be in at least several more of these AFC championship games over his career.

or the lesson should be to never trust a dude named Wink

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Teller was a rookie that had a hard time on the field in 2018 and was even worse in 2019.

And yet people wanna crucify Beane for getting rid of him.

Man, 20/20 hindsight is beautiful. 

Meanwhile peoples current opinion on 2nd year player Cody Ford.🙄

• Like (+1) 4

31 minutes ago, Magox said:

Bill, I think this whole experience ever since McD/Beane ran the show has been one hell of a ride.  We've made the playoffs in 3 out of the 4 years, have some really good playmakers on defense and drafted an elite level franchise QB who will very likely be in at least several more of these AFC championship games over his career.

Absolutely. I hope the young fans never have to suffer the way we did. I don't regret a minute of it, but suffer we did.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

19 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

I love your optimism but I don’t know how you or anyone else can come to the conclusion we win easily. The Chiefs are loaded and playing at home. They are the best team in the NFL and the defending champs until proven otherwise. Are they beatable....heck yes! We are going to have to play very well and score TD’s and our Defense is going to have to play well in all phases. If the season is any indication, this will be a 4th quarter nail biter. Just find a way to win, 1 pt, 3 pts, I don’t care how or by how much.

LETS GO BUFFALO!

For 2 years they have played half of games.  They beat Buffalo in October and are thinking its easy money.  Allen hasnt played an A plus game yet.  I think he does Sunday night. Buffalo plays great and Kc plays like they played all year that happens Buffalo wins easy.

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think it’s as simple as passing = aggressive and running = conservative. The game plan is specific to each opponent. Indy and Baltimore were both very good vs the run. KC is 31st in run DVOA. KC ran a lot of cover 7 last time which opened up the field for allen to take off. There are mismatches to be had based on the film and the goal is to take advantage of where those can be exploited. If it isn’t in the run game (like last week) they will run something else. Bills also use the short passing game as de facto run plays. 

But the problem is same thing was being said last week about Cleveland @ KC. Oh well they have Nick Chubb, they have Kareem Hunt and the best line in the league. And the Chiefs can’t stop the run.

And what happened? They fell behind 19-3 and the run game largely vanished into the background. The Browns only really moved the ball when Baker threw to Higgins. 

Chubb’s average was nice, but when they tried to run at the end of the game, he went for -1 and a 4-yard dump off. Hunt went for a 2 yard dump off to make it 4th-9 and punt. 

Passing is aggressive when it’s the Bills style of 4 and 5 wide. 

Just like last year in Houston, I got a bad feeling about how much they were going to use Gore, I hope McDermott doesn’t push his thumbprint into this game offensively by shoehorning the run game in too much.

• Like (+1) 2

With Daryl Johnson practicing in Full the last two days, does this mean that Trent Murphy will likely be inactive?

I know that Johnson is a decent pass rusher and a top Special Teams player, however Murphy played very good last week.

Unless it's a scheming issue on defense, should the Bills consider playing Murphy over Johnson?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Mark Vader said:

With Daryl Johnson practicing in Full the last two days, does this mean that Trent Murphy will likely be inactive?

I know that Johnson is a decent pass rusher and a top Special Teams player, however Murphy played very good last week.

Unless it's a scheming issue on defense, should the Bills consider playing Murphy over Johnson?

Go with the hot hand in Murphy, but who knows.

5 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I was happy to see Murphy get the call up last week. Mostly because I thought he was a better match-up against the Ravens run heavy scheme. Experienced and disciplined on the edge. The injury made the call for us. 

That said, for this game, you have to go with whoever gives you the better pass rush. Honestly, I’m not sure who is a better pass rusher between them, so maybe you choose experience again. Not sure Johnson will lose his spot to injury though.  

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I like this tweet:

"Queefs fans getting cocky just because their sh***y team barely beat a suck ass 49ers team in last year's Super Bowl. Finally won one stupid ring after decades of sh***y seasons, woopeeedoo. They'll soon get back to their sh***y & boring lives when their Queefs lose on Sunday."

Edited by Joe Ferguson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

25 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Murphy will set the edge better and if you remember he got two sacks against Watson in last year's playoffs.  He has the experience, we need to be able to stop the run and he is more likely to help us achieve that.