AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

33 minutes ago, Mango said:

Don't love Davis being a full no-go two days in a row. Also, Beasley was not on the injury report yesterday at all, but was limited today. Tough to practice passing concepts with WR1 WR3 and WR4 shelved. 

Yeah I'm not too concerned myself. I think it's likely just rest. He looked a little hobbled in the Ravens game, however he played through the whole game. So I think they are resting him up and hopefully it will be enough that he will be at least better against the Chiefs than Ravens.

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Bills_Canada said:

If Mahomes plays, the bills should play an ultra aggressive style on 4th down and go for it wayyy more often than they normally would. 4th and 4 from their own 30? Go for it. 

I know this is way outside what the analytics say to do in a standard game, but the reason is simple. The chiefs offense are far from a standard offense. It makes way wayyyy more sense to pull a strategy like this if the opposing offense is gonna score touchdowns on a high % of their drives, regardless where they start the drive from. Which the Chiefs are very very likely to do. So we should give ourselves max chance of putting points on the board, and not worry about what kind of field position we're giving them, since it doesn't matter that much vs an offense this potent. You could argue that they should implement the same strategy vs us.

Don't see it that way....Chiefs have not won by more than 6 points in last 9 games...

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Don't see it that way....Chiefs have not won by more than 6 points in last 9 games...

Agreed.  McDermott has been appropriately aggressive on fourth down all season.  No reason to change anything...

59 minutes ago, Bills_Canada said:

If Mahomes plays, the bills should play an ultra aggressive style on 4th down and go for it wayyy more often than they normally would. 4th and 4 from their own 30? Go for it. 

I know this is way outside what the analytics say to do in a standard game, but the reason is simple. The chiefs offense are far from a standard offense. It mTheakes way wayyyy more sense to pull a strategy like this if the opposing offense is gonna score touchdowns on a high % of their drives, regardless where they start the drive from. Which the Chiefs are very very likely to do. So we should give ourselves max chance of putting points on the board, and not worry about what kind of field position we're giving them, since it doesn't matter that much vs an offense this potent. You could argue that they should implement the same strategy vs us.

The Bills average more ppg than KC.

13 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I'm still amazed that Josh Allen survived behind that 2018 O-Line.

Teller was a rookie that had a hard time on the field in 2018 and was even worse in 2019.

And yet people wanna crucify Beane for getting rid of him.

Man, 20/20 hindsight is beautiful. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Teller was a rookie that had a hard time on the field in 2018 and was even worse in 2019.

And yet people wanna crucify Beane for getting rid of him.

Man, 20/20 hindsight is beautiful. 

It certainly is.

After the Bills got lambasted at the start of the 2018 season and we went 0-2, fans were calling for the heads of McDermott & Beane. :lol:

It's fun being a Bills fan.

• Like (+1) 1

everyone is saying, 'oh do you really want to get into a shoot out with the chiefs? shouldnt you run the ball and try to be balanced?' blah blah blah

how else do you beat the chiefs asides from trying to get into a shootout and outscore them? do people really think a 100 yd game from singletary is going to win the bills the game?

its going to take a 350 yd performance from JA17 with everyone getting the ball.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

everyone is saying, 'oh do you really want to get into a shoot out with the chiefs? shouldnt you run the ball and try to be balanced?' blah blah blah

how else do you beat the chiefs asides from trying to get into a shootout and outscore them? do people really think a 100 yd game from singletary is going to win the bills the game?

its going to take a 350 yd performance from JA17 with everyone getting the ball.

We simply just don’t do anything else except pass.
Why change that now? I agree 100% get into a shoot out.

42-37 Bills

Edited by r00tabaga

2 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Watkins is still a decoy till this day. 

The thing he said that scares me is that there needs to be more balance on offense and that Saturday against the Ravens was way out of balance. 

I hope the Bills don't overcorrect Sunday and go conservative. 

They have to throw. A lot. 

Don’t listen to a thing these guys say during the week. It’s all smoke and mirrors. Martindale let it be known he was going to bring the pressure and then the Ravens sat back all game and rushed 4.

2 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Watkins is still a decoy till this day. 

The thing he said that scares me is that there needs to be more balance on offense and that Saturday against the Ravens was way out of balance. 

I hope the Bills don't overcorrect Sunday and go conservative. 

They have to throw. A lot. 

I don’t think it’s as simple as passing = aggressive and running = conservative. The game plan is specific to each opponent. Indy and Baltimore were both very good vs the run. KC is 31st in run DVOA. KC ran a lot of cover 7 last time which opened up the field for allen to take off. There are mismatches to be had based on the film and the goal is to take advantage of where those can be exploited. If it isn’t in the run game (like last week) they will run something else. Bills also use the short passing game as de facto run plays. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yes, it is now.

Bill, I think this whole experience ever since McD/Beane ran the show has been one hell of a ride.  We've made the playoffs in 3 out of the 4 years, have some really good playmakers on defense and drafted an elite level franchise QB who will very likely be in at least several more of these AFC championship games over his career.

5 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

I drink in all the media.

Good point, oh ye Font of Joy.

I've decided to do the same: just bask in the attention, like a Prom Queen or something.

(btw, nihon-jin desu-ka? I can only ask phonetically, cuz I've forgotten my kanji...and most of my nihongo!)

Edit: sorry if bad translation. I believe screen name literally means "mother of great happiness", but figured you were going idiomatic.

Edited by Dukestreetking
Fear of sounding like a d-bag
  • Like (+1) 1