AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Don't love Davis being a full no-go two days in a row. Also, Beasley was not on the injury report yesterday at all, but was limited today. Tough to practice passing concepts with WR1 WR3 and WR4 shelved. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

riiiight that’s why he had 7 receptions in the Colts game

Not only the Colts games, Beasley actually played quite well in the Ravens games even though he had no catch. Ravens chose to double team him often, for example, this play where he got the attention of two Ravens defenders and freed up Diggs:

IdFfbOi.jpeg

jIl0Chz.jpg

NZubhFY.jpg

WDXXJWD.jpg

Beasley was open in quite a few plays but Allen either didn't see him or decided not to throw his way. For example, in the play below, Beasley was wide open and would have an easy touchdown if Allen could make the throw. Consider Allen threw to Diggs in the same direction in the end, it's probably Allen decided not to throw to Beasley due to how the wind affected his long throw during the game. If so, I think it's a good decision to make the safe throw to Diggs. But Beasley did get open in Ravens game when not double teamed.

KIdkPkb.jpg

lfMg20V.jpg

HRN7VOR.jpg

IwI0enT.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, uninja said:

Yeah Beasley's is weird. Is the N/A what they use for vet rest days? Maybe he wasn't on the report because he wasn't at practice, but figure that would get a DNP instead of a '---'

—- means he wasn’t listed yesterday with any status 

15 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Thanks for sharing this, she's great.

Just to put a bow on this: completely serendipitous find. I was searching "Bills Fan reaction"; most results related to Red's miracle.

I love (a) how she mimics ref signals, maybe unconsciously; (b) dad bumps/fives; (c) her phrase "you can keeek" when Bills get a stop. Slays me.

Finally, the work and creativity to cleanly edit 3.5h of tape to circa 15m... amazing.

See @K-9 comments, p 60, for more about her. A "hidden" gem, she be.

• Thank you (+1) 1

If Mahomes plays, the bills should play an ultra aggressive style on 4th down and go for it wayyy more often than they normally would. 4th and 4 from their own 30? Go for it. 

I know this is way outside what the analytics say to do in a standard game, but the reason is simple. The chiefs offense are far from a standard offense. It makes way wayyyy more sense to pull a strategy like this if the opposing offense is gonna score touchdowns on a high % of their drives, regardless where they start the drive from. Which the Chiefs are very very likely to do. So we should give ourselves max chance of putting points on the board, and not worry about what kind of field position we're giving them, since it doesn't matter that much vs an offense this potent. You could argue that they should implement the same strategy vs us.

• Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, Bills_Canada said:

If Mahomes plays, the bills should play an ultra aggressive style on 4th down and go for it wayyy more often than they normally would. 4th and 4 from their own 30? Go for it. 

I know this is way outside what the analytics say to do in a standard game, but the reason is simple. The chiefs offense are far from a standard offense. It makes way wayyyy more sense to pull a strategy like this if the opposing offense is gonna score touchdowns on a high % of their drives, regardless where they start the drive from. Which the Chiefs are very very likely to do. So we should give ourselves max chance of putting points on the board, and not worry about what kind of field position we're giving them, since it doesn't matter that much vs an offense this potent. You could argue that they should implement the same strategy vs us.

Maybe so.. but not on your own side of midfield in the first half.  That's just asking for trouble.

My other theory on 4th downs though is don't try to string a few together on the same drive if the game is still relatively close.  If you convert a 4th and 3 on the opponents 30...great.  If it comes down to 4th and 3 on the opponents 23 a few plays later, kick the FG (unless it's late in the game and you HAVE to go for it).

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

McDermott is done talking to the media for the week isn't he?

Just a Monday and Wednesday press conference. 

So other than Friday's practice report and practice squad call-ups, there will be no further updates. 

He usually talks on Friday morning I thought 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Mahomes is playing for sure.  Maybe he will favor the foot a little bit but his arm and brain will be fine.

I like the Bills chances but they really have a lot to overcome here.  It's not talked about much...but this is KC's third straight AFC Championship game.  They're not going to be nervous or tight.  Our guys?  I don't know, they've never been here.  

Heard a cool stat:

The four remaining playoff teams are first, second, third, and fifth in passing offense.

I guess having a QB who is a competent passer is kind of important.....right Ravens and Lamar Jackson fans??

• Like (+1) 2