AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

On a GMFB segment this AM they were talking about the game and the subject got to unanimous agreement how LOADED the Bills are at WR

Just two years ago:

2018: Zay Jones, Kelvin Benjamin, Robert Foster, Ray-Ray McCloud, Andre Holmes, Deonte Thompson, Charles Clay

Just stare at that for a minute and drink it in - it's just crazy

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yet he doesn't have a HC job.

That's because the NFL stupidly allows this process to happen while coaches in the playoffs have to do double duty.

It's not fair to the market.

All HC hires shouldn't be made till AFTER the playoffs.

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

Per Twitter KC Chiefs beat guy: "Patrick Mahomes practiced and looked like Patrick Mahomes in the portion the media was allowed to watch"

Ok, then there are no excuses if the Bills win. NONE.

19 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

he will flip most likely and still pick KC.  

I guess that's what he does.

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Cole beasley and John brown both had career years before diggs put on a bills uniform lol what an odd take.  Its like chris Simms is a josh allen fan and is completely blind to the efforts of every other player on the team.  Teams are actually doubling beasley because he is such a reliable third down option so now they're gonna double Diggs and beasley and spy allen and contain jet sweeps with Mckenzie and  have no trouble? Quite a few defenses with a lot more talent than the chiefs have tried and failed recently 🤣 this whole week has been weird all the advanced metrics type places like 538 and football outsiders have us in a dead heat with kc or better even but we're not the name brand so no one is picking us lol 

I know, right?  And Beasley had a career year this year until his Week 16 injury that kept him out of Week 17.

For those who are all "he must be horridly injured because he did nothing in the Ravens game", note that he made critical catches in the Colts game (7 of 7 for 57 yards including 3 first downs). 

My perception of the Ravens game was that they had played to take him away.  Erik Turner and Nate Geary on Cover1 say just that - that Wink Martindale decided it was important to take Beasley away and game planned for it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I know, right?  And Beasley had a career year this year until his Week 16 injury that kept him out of Week 17.

For those who are all "he must be horridly injured because he did nothing in the Ravens game", note that he made critical catches in the Colts game (7 of 7 for 57 yards including 3 first downs). 

My perception of the Ravens game was that they had played to take him away.  Erik Turner and Nate Geary on Cover1 say just that - that Wink Martindale decided it was important to take Beasley away and game planned for it.

I think Beasely alluded to it yesterday in his media session that the Ravens were sending coverage his way and he didn’t care if that opened things up for others on the outside resulting in no catches (which it did, and it did). The fact he was out there made them use Humphrey on him a lot instead of Diggs. The chiefs have a good slot corner but he’s inexperienced... 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I made it to the End!  Couple thoughts.

I drink in all the media.  We havent been in the championship before so I'm gonna listen to it all.  Melody and Andrew Perna are great watches all the time (Washington Potatoes was the best way to deal with that franchise).  I also very much like the Cover 1 guys as they are very insightful and measured.  Most of the main media has been super up and down but Orlovsky, Hasselback, and Mina Kines have all been very excited about the Bills (along with GMFB).  Simms is an interesting case.  I think he tries to correct for how much he loves Josh.  I was shocked when he had Josh as 18th best QB to start the season.  Hes picked against us a fair bit too and I think its an over correction because he doesnt wanna be biased.  In many ways this is a great weekend for Simms.  He was high on Mahomes before most, obviously we know he loves our boy blue (probably his best theme song), and Rogers is his GOAT.  Lastly he isnt as high on Brady cause of the cheating.  He will be very happy when we win.

For the game, I am so excited cause we def left a lot of meat on the bone in the last game.  Very even matched offenses (more than the media thinks), and I think we have an edge on Defense (though they might have 3 of the top 4 players).  Its been a great year and I'm excited to see it continue after Sunday night.

Heres some more of Simms; I do think he likes Josh a ton (I disagree though on our defense cause i am pretty confident its better than theirs)

Edited by YattaOkasan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Really good points here @Hapless Bills Fan  More than any other game football is about matchups.  Given the talent on both sides of the ball on both teams, the D coordinators are going to have to draw up coverage schemes to take away what the other team does best.  For Bills, it's Diggs and Beasley.  For KC it's Kelce and Hill.  The  coverage and depth of each team's defensive backfield will determine the winner.  Personally I believe the Bills D backfield > KC's and will limit the KC offense to 3 TDs.  

The Bills need to get to 4 TDs to win on SUN.  The RBs, Josh and Knox need to come up with 2 of those TDs.

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yea we have been rolling on 3rd down all season long and beasley has a lot to do with it.  Seems like teams are starting to think their best chance to get us off the field is to focus their attention on Beasley which is crazy when you have a receiver with 120+ catches lol.  I think we're gonna start seeing brown or knox going off and a few plays made by diggs per game 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Beasely alluded to it yesterday in his media session that the Ravens were sending coverage his way and he didn’t care if that opened things up for others on the outside resulting in no catches (which it did, and it did). The fact he was out there made them use Humphrey on him a lot instead of Diggs. The chiefs have a good slot corner but he’s inexperienced... 

I think we saw a similar phenomenon against the Colts.  I believe the Colts slanted their coverage against Brown, leading to a 4 target, 0 catch day for him (pretty sure 2 of his targets were throw aways or uncatchable).  But the fact that they slanted coverage towards Brown left Beasley or Davis open.

Contrary to what Simms Pere et Fils believe, I think we have 4+ damned good WR and someone will be open.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s interesting because the Ravens did double Cole early. He actually changed his option route later in the game and was wide open on a couple plays but because they had done that, Josh didn’t see it.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think we saw a similar phenomenon against the Colts.  I believe the Colts slanted their coverage against Brown, leading to a 4 target, 0 catch day for him (pretty sure 2 of his targets were throw aways or uncatchable).  But the fact that they slanted coverage towards Brown left Beasley or Davis open.

Contrary to what Simms Pere et Fils believe, I think we have 4+ damned good WR and someone will be open.

I think im being objective when I say this but I can't be 100% sure lol....I would take our wrs over the chiefs every time...I would take josh allen over a 90% healthy mahomes every time....I would take our dbs over theirs every time.  Kelce is the gamechanger though gotta find a way to slow him down 

• Like (+1) 1

I appreciate all the talking heads trying to analyze this game. But this game is impossible to predict. People are trying to read too much into the week 6 game and the Bills’ prior playoff games. 

I don’t think anyone knows whether this will be a shoot out, whether the defenses will blitz or mostly cover, whether the Bills D will go back into a similar shell as last time, how much both teams will pass or run. One of these teams could win by 17 points, or it could be a 3-point game.  It could be a low scoring 24-21 type game or it could be a high scoring 42-35 type game. 

Maybe unlike any of the prior playoff games, this one has a million variables. 

• Like (+1) 4