AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

Just now, PaattMaann said:

I am most definitely one of the most optimistic and happy people you would ever have the pleasure of meeting baby! 

I am AMPED for Sunday and cannot wait for Josh to go out and display his game to the world. Finally put to rest the talk of "the bills should have drafted Mahomes". Gonna be EPCOT! 

not THAT is what I'm talking about!!!  Let's gooooooooooooo!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

I am most definitely one of the most optimistic and happy people you would ever have the pleasure of meeting baby! 

I am AMPED for Sunday and cannot wait for Josh to go out and display his game to the world. Finally put to rest the talk of "the bills should have drafted Mahomes". Gonna be EPCOT! 

I hope the clouds part and a ray of sunshine illuminates your day! Go BIlls!

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, stevewin said:

On a GMFB segment this AM they were talking about the game and the subject got to unanimous agreement how LOADED the Bills are at WR

Just two years ago:

2018: Zay Jones, Kelvin Benjamin, Robert Foster, Ray-Ray McCloud, Andre Holmes, Deonte Thompson, Charles Clay

Just stare at that for a minute and drink it in - it's just crazy

Sure, that looks bad.....until you remember what our O-line was 2 years ago.  Other than Dawkins are any of those guys still in the league?

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, fergie's ire said:

Sure, that looks bad.....until you remember what our O-line was 2 years ago.  Other than Dawkins are any of those guys still in the league?

Yes 

Groy - LAC

McDermott - NYJ

Miller - CAR

Teller- Cle

Mills is on a practice squad.

30 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

Maybe....  Josh Allen's shoulder issue and wearing a brace had more of an impact then the rain?

Incidentally, I really appreciate that Allen has never offered his hurt shoulder as an excuse for those two losses, although he wouldn't be wearing a brace if it wasn't affecting him. Another thing to like about the guy. 

• Like (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Not necessarily, night could mean overnight...because on the forecast for that day, it says AM showers.  There appears to be a window of time that will be precipitationless.

Turk, you have given me hope that it might be an unprecipitationlessly type evening.  

Wait...I think I screwed that up.  

GO DRY BILLS!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wind is the only thing,  that really affected the deep ball and kicks last week - So this looks great 

Right, that and a real downpour. This game features what might end up being two Hall of Fame passers. Playing it in high winds or monsoon rains would be like Ali and Frazier fighting while sick with the flu. We're in for a treat Sunday night. I just hope Mahomes is healthy. I want to see a heavyweight bout--and see the best team (the Bills) win. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think we get hung up on the fact that we had a few games where we were like the Greatest Show on Turf. That’s just one aspect of our team, I don’t think it’s our identity and we’ve proved multiple times that it’s not the only way we can win. We are definitely a pass first offense no doubt, and I’d like to see the running game improve next year, but our team is more Whatever It Takes than just Pass Deep and Win. That’s why I think we are going to the Super Bowl and I think we are going to win it. We are not a one trick pony, we have different sides of the ball stepping up at different times, different players making big plays in different games, and coaches who are adept at in game adjustments. That is the sign of a Super Bowl winning team and I think this is our year.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wind is the only thing,  that really affected the deep ball and kicks last week - So this looks great 

Yup.  It had a huge effect last week.

39 minutes ago, Greg S said:

You would think a team from WNY would or should be built to play in bad weather. If not Terry better get that new domed/retractable roof stadium built ASAP. 

Well, we surely don’t look built to play bad weather.  Not many players 

37 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Forecasts literally change an hour before LOL. And that is ONE FORECAST you are referencing, I can show you dozens of others that give a different interpretation of what the weather will be. THAT is why its pointless. The weather nerds and worry warts should go start a weather thread instead of bogging down pregame threads. Was annoying as hell last week, just as annoying this week. 

thats the last ill be saying about a pointless topic. 

Last week, we were worried about the wind.  The forecast were predicting bad lots of wind. It was extremely windy.  

36 minutes ago, Greg S said:

You might be right. Didn't Josh mentioned something about getting a dome in Buffalo or that he wasn't a fan playing in bad weather? I could be wrong but I thought he mentioned something to that effect.

Josh wants a dome

get him a dome

46 minutes ago, stevewin said:

On a GMFB segment this AM they were talking about the game and the subject got to unanimous agreement how LOADED the Bills are at WR

Just two years ago:

2018: Zay Jones, Kelvin Benjamin, Robert Foster, Ray-Ray McCloud, Andre Holmes, Deonte Thompson, Charles Clay

Just stare at that for a minute and drink it in - it's just crazy

Amazing.Josh and Stef be like:

coup 20210120 11~2.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Cray51 said:

Rewatching the Week 6 game...  Slippery conditions certainly played into the missed tackles on CEH.  I dont expect the running game to be as effective against our defense if it doesnt rain.  We put contact on CEH throughout, but he bounced off and we couldnt wrap up.

Mahomes was able to extend plays very well.  His mobility was crucial to pick up first downs and extend drives.  If his toe limits that, its a huge win for the Bills.

Josh had to be better against the zone concepts KC ran.  He looked timid and confused at times, and his line did not protect as well as they normally have.  Look to him to show some more swagger this week which I think will help.

Leverage the run game to set up play action and screens to Knox.  Will help (we had some good screen plays in week 6) move the ball against the D.

Limit EITHER Hill or Kelce.  I dont think you can limit both.  Pick one and shut them down.

Its going to be a good game, I am really interested to see how Allen does against a D he struggled with the first time around.

One thing many hasn’t mentioned about this game was the dumb penalties the Bills defense had with the late hits. Very uncharacteristic. Gotta hold their composure. Also, the 3rd and 14 pickup by the Chiefs late in the game was a clear OPI on Kelce. He sold picking off Edmunds on that play by falling to the ground after the pick. Hope McDermott warns the refs to be on the lookout for them

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, finn said:

Incidentally, I really appreciate that Allen has never offered his hurt shoulder as an excuse for those two losses, although he wouldn't be wearing a brace if it wasn't affecting him. Another thing to like about the guy. 

Not only that, but before the TD drive in the 4th it was off.  That drive included a 2nd and 5 where Allen ran for 6 yards and took a hard hit. 

After that series, there was a vingette in the broadcast film where the trainers came up to Allen on the bench and he shook them off.  I think they may have been trying to get the brace back on him to protect his shoulder if he was gonna run and take hits like that, and he was 'no way'.  It was notable that the following week, Allen had a bunch of kinesiotape and a less limiting brace.

It may be worth re-visiting Jim Kubiak's article on that game.  He doesn't sugar coat.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/jim-kubiak-bills-josh-allens-bad-misses-protection-errors-are-undoing-vs-chiefs/article_6f3d89d4-1322-11eb-b314-53f1b4824aea.html

Allen had six passing attempts that can be best described as “bad misses.” There were opportunities, either running across the field or out in the flat in which Allen was simply not able to get the football to the open receiver. In the NFL, execution on these open throws is expected to be flawless. If Allen had completed these basic throws, his 58% completion percentage would have jumped to 74%, and might have led to a different outcome. Six misfires of 27 opportunities is 23% of the passing game.

IMO the shoulder was affecting Josh in that game.  That's not to say that the Chief's defense wasn't also a puzzle as Allen has said in interviews, but when he did throw, he was just off-target too much in the first half.  He was also still IMO being thumped into taking his outlet receivers by the Bills coaching staff.

Multiple factors, but I think it's telling that Allen was observed without the brace in the 4Q, which was the only quarter in which he had more than 60% completion (he started off the game 37.5% in the first half)

• Agree 3

19 hours ago, eball said:

So, I read a recent article (in The Athletic I think) about catching up with "The Coach" Chuck Dickerson.  If you can find it you should read it.  You'd realize that EVEN IN BUFFALO these radio hosts are not talking about things they believe, they are saying things that will create the most controversy and drive listeners/callers.  The only place you get folks actually talking about what they believe is on a network that is not dependent upon advertising revenue -- like the Bills' OBL show -- but on that one you have to be cognizant that they won't overly criticize the hand that feeds them either.

This is really the best place to get a dichotomy of opinion and "real talk."  I don't listen to talk radio (besides Howard) much at all.

I have long been of the opinion that anything you hear spoken by a talking head on any of these shows is scripted to provide for the best TV. Phil Simms, Rex Ryan... anyone.