AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

Rewatching the Week 6 game...  Slippery conditions certainly played into the missed tackles on CEH.  I dont expect the running game to be as effective against our defense if it doesnt rain.  We put contact on CEH throughout, but he bounced off and we couldnt wrap up.

Mahomes was able to extend plays very well.  His mobility was crucial to pick up first downs and extend drives.  If his toe limits that, its a huge win for the Bills.

Josh had to be better against the zone concepts KC ran.  He looked timid and confused at times, and his line did not protect as well as they normally have.  Look to him to show some more swagger this week which I think will help.

Leverage the run game to set up play action and screens to Knox.  Will help (we had some good screen plays in week 6) move the ball against the D.

Limit EITHER Hill or Kelce.  I dont think you can limit both.  Pick one and shut them down.

Its going to be a good game, I am really interested to see how Allen does against a D he struggled with the first time around.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

Rewatching the Week 6 game...  Slippery conditions certainly played into the missed tackles on CEH.  I dont expect the running game to be as effective against our defense if it doesnt rain.  We put contact on CEH throughout, but he bounced off and we couldnt wrap up.

Mahomes was able to extend plays very well.  His mobility was crucial to pick up first downs and extend drives.  If his toe limits that, its a huge win for the Bills.

Josh had to be better against the zone concepts KC ran.  He looked timid and confused at times, and his line did not protect as well as they normally have.  Look to him to show some more swagger this week which I think will help.

Leverage the run game to set up play action and screens to Knox.  Will help (we had some good screen plays in week 6) move the ball against the D.

Limit EITHER Hill or Kelce.  I dont think you can limit both.  Pick one and shut them down.

Its going to be a good game, I am really interested to see how Allen does against a D he struggled with the first time around.

Are you sure there were slippery conditions? I had read on these forums that the weather was fine in that game.  

How did the Falcons lose to the Chiefs?!? Go back and watch that game.......dropped INT by a Falcons DB with 2:01 left in the game up 14-10......next play Mahomes TD pass to Robinson. With 40 secs Falcons catch the Chiefs with 12 guys, Ryan’s throws a nice pass to Ridley in the endzone that he dropped.....tough catch but still dropped it. Falcons then miss like a 35-40 yard FG to send the game to overtime.

I’ve been watching a ton of Chiefs games on game pass .......very lucky team this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

The Hail Murray loss=Miracle in Miami

The end result of that season NE SB Champs.

That should equate well for the Bills.

That loss left a sour taste in the Bills mouths and they won't ever forget it similar to NE imo 

12 minutes ago, Negan said:

The Hail Murray loss=Miracle in Miami

The end result of that season NE SB Champs.

That should equate well for the Bills.

That loss left a sour taste in the Bills mouths and they won't ever forget it similar to NE imo 

I don’t understand how NE’s loss to Miami has anything to do with our SB chances. 

1 hour ago, Cray51 said:

Kelce, Kelce, Kelce!

image.png.b302873a62070a0ffb41912bbe4dc3a8.png

Not entirely sure how, but he is the security blanket, plus, plus. Maybe the Muddle "blitz" concept used v Ravens might help??

Edit: thinking more on this, Hill or Kelce may be the key issue (derp). 

Imv, Kelce is the forcing function to KC offense, so you're left w a kind of Faustian bargain re Hill.

Realize this has been noted in these 60+ pgs, plus other threads. But I'm really interested in what people think re possible schemes/coverages to limit Kelce, and the inherent trade-offs therein.

Why? Well, @Royale with Cheese is apparently getting nervous so, lemming-like, I'm getting nervous as well.

Edited by Dukestreetking

Every generation has a team it picks for the idiots who know nothing of football to jump on cause they have success, or cause they have a player seen as the face of the league. 

Cowgirls in the 90’s, Pats in the 00’s/10’s. Seems to be the Chiefs in the 20’s... 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Accurate.

This is great and just so true. Its funny because its the Bills fans always getting the rep for being sensitive(rightfully so), but the minute anyone says the Bills have a really good team/QB and just might have a chance, Chiefs fans basically go postal..... Its as if they literally just started watching football over the last 2 years and havnt seen YEARS worth of minor upsets in the playoffs leading up to the superbowl.

46 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Kelce, Kelce, Kelce!

image.png.b302873a62070a0ffb41912bbe4dc3a8.png

Not entirely sure how, but he is the security blanket, plus, plus. Maybe the Muddle "blitz" concept used v Ravens might help??

Edit: thinking more on this, Hill or Kelce may be the key issue (derp). 

Imv, Kelce is the forcing function to KC offense, so you're left w a kind of Faustian bargain re Hill.

Realize this has been noted in these 60+ pgs, plus other threads. But I'm really interested in what people think re possible schemes/coverages to limit Kelce, and the inherent trade-offs therein.

Why? Well, @Royale with Cheese is apparently getting nervous so, lemming-like, I'm getting nervous as well.

Are you hitting on me?

• Haha (+1) 1

With their ages & how good they both are, I'd bet that this is the 1st of at least 5-6 match-ups Mahomes and Allen will have in the playoffs.

It has the potential of being an all-time kind of rivalry.  And a really fun one to watch - 2 of the most dynamic players in the NFL for sure.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

KC weather not looking good for the game....at least not at the moment...

Sun 24 | Night

34°

56%

NE 10 mph

Cloudy with showers. Low 34F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

WHOOO CAREESSSSSSS

the weather outside is weather 

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1