AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

6 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

I love your optimism but I don’t know how you or anyone else can come to the conclusion we win easily. The Chiefs are loaded and playing at home. They are the best team in the NFL and the defending champs until proven otherwise. Are they beatable....heck yes! We are going to have to play very well and score TD’s and our Defense is going to have to play well in all phases. If the season is any indication, this will be a 4th quarter nail biter. Just find a way to win, 1 pt, 3 pts, I don’t care how or by how much.

LETS GO BUFFALO!

I will say if you remember last season in the playoffs each one of their games they had to come from behind. Title and championship games they had to climb from a heavy deficit. Super Bowl a decent deficit. So it’s not like they are just unstoppable. They make mistakes. The difference is their team is good enough to overcome those mistakes. However so are we. Josh can throw an INT and our offense is good enough to still win. They’ve proven that this year. Against good teams. 

más fans we need to stop being so afraid of accepting that our team is good. So long as we don’t come out super flat we can hang with KC and if they make a few too many mistakes it could easily get lopsided for them just as much as it could for us. 

We are very much in this neck and neck. I have a good feeling about this. Not a cocky feeling but just more calmness than the other two playoff games. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That’s Melody “Mel” Martin, an aspiring songwriter and musician who does cover songs and a bunch of parody songs about the Sabres She’s a lifelong Sabres and Bills fan and her reaction videos are awesome to watch. She’s a very knowledgeable fan who knows hockey and football. If Mel is happy, chances are we are all happy about the outcome.

Not to go overboard on this but I've been watching the other vids. Like you mentioned, they are fantastic! I love relationship w her father.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Not to go overboard on this but I've been watching the other vids. Like you mentioned, they are fantastic! I love relationship w her father.

Yeah, it’s special. And there is no doubt where she gets her fandom from. He’s been taking her to Sabres and Bills games since she could walk. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Slightly o/t, but great reaction vid...representative of thousands of WNY homes last Sunday.

Young woman & dad, Ravens game, well-edited. I searched: don't believe been posted. Only one ref to her on board.

Pressed for time, skip to 9:45 for TJ interception. But stick w it until the end. Worth it.

I didn't cry after the game, but gotta admit I cried... watching her cry.

After watching this cup char

slice of WNY, my blood thickened

and curdled and molded blue

like cheese, the weight of which flattened

my vowels, especially my A's(s).

Edited by Richard Noggin
writing is recursive
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TFBillsfan said:

I love your optimism but I don’t know how you or anyone else can come to the conclusion we win easily. The Chiefs are loaded and playing at home. They are the best team in the NFL and the defending champs until proven otherwise. Are they beatable....heck yes! We are going to have to play very well and score TD’s and our Defense is going to have to play well in all phases. If the season is any indication, this will be a 4th quarter nail biter. Just find a way to win, 1 pt, 3 pts, I don’t care how or by how much.

LETS GO BUFFALO!

I’ve watched there last 3 games especially the Atlanta game... There’s no disputing there not a good team but they sure as hell ain’t the team all these sports castors and people are making them out to be.... You listen to some of these idiot sports people they make it sound like the Chiefs are some unstoppable team that blows people out of the water each and every week and we all know that’s not the case... I’m so sick and tired of all this Chiefs And Mahomes talk it makes me about as sick as hearing about Tom Brady and the Patriots.... I pray to god we come out  Sunday night and just whip the living piss outta them.... Go Bills

1 hour ago, TFBillsfan said:

LETS GO BUFFALO!

I

Edited by Bimmer323i
  • Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

I will say if you remember last season in the playoffs each one of their games they had to come from behind. Title and championship games they had to climb from a heavy deficit. Super Bowl a decent deficit. So it’s not like they are just unstoppable. They make mistakes. The difference is their team is good enough to overcome those mistakes. However so are we. Josh can throw an INT and our offense is good enough to still win. They’ve proven that this year. Against good teams. 

más fans we need to stop being so afraid of accepting that our team is good. So long as we don’t come out super flat we can hang with KC and if they make a few too many mistakes it could easily get lopsided for them just as much as it could for us. 

We are very much in this neck and neck. I have a good feeling about this. Not a cocky feeling but just more calmness than the other two playoff games. 

I think fear of the bolded is my last haunting held over from the Super Bowl losses, the Music City thing, and two decades of disappointing performances on the biggest stages. I'm confident that IF THEY PLAY WELL they can  beat any team in the NFL (which rhymes). Watching them play well for the entire month of December in "prime" time games felt kind of...foreign, and surprising, and fun. But it still isn't my expectation every week. 

This week I just don't know what to expect. I'm afraid our offense peaked LAST month against overrated defenses, and needs to immediately make some adjustments to the NFL's defensive adjustments in order to win the final four. CAN they? Of course. WILL they? I just don't know.

• Thank you (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

After watching this cup char

slice of WNY, my blood thickened

and curdled and molded blue

like cheese, the weight of which flattened

my vowels, especially my A's(s).

C'mon man...too hard on yourself! Moving toward a solid capture of our particular zeitgeist.

I would use a little hand clap emoji...but, I'm a grown man, so emojis are verboten.

(Sweet... I got to use two german words in one post).

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

OMG this guy is ROTFL.  From the Manscaped advert..."I'd like to help you whack off....*pause*...your nose hairs" to 6:51 in talking about Mahomes concussion/pinched nerve "either way, team doctors have confirmed that he WILL be able to make Chris Collinsworth jizz in his pants all day on Sunday" ROTFL (replace Collinsworth with Romo).

Good points too: "I'm not sure why Andy Reid saw his QB hobbling on one foot, ran him into a brick wall on 3rd down, and then had the balls after the game to say "every down is a passing down" "  The man has a point.....

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OMG this guy is ROTFL.  From the Manscaped advert..."I'd like to help you whack off....*pause*...your nose hairs" to 6:51 in talking about Mahomes concussion/pinched nerve "either way, team doctors have confirmed that he WILL be able to make Chris Collinsworth jizz in his pants all day on Sunday" ROTFL (replace Collinsworth with Romo).

Good points too: "I'm not sure why Andy Reid saw his QB hobbling on one foot, ran him into a brick wall on 3rd down, and then had the balls after the game to say "every down is a passing down" "  The man has a point.....

Perfect example demonstrating that legacy media is on the fritz, to say the least.

Maybe it's last few years of life....?

Edited by Dukestreetking
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Chris Simms Unbuttoned on the KC-Bills game.  A bit disappointing in that Simms father Phil calls in.  He doesn't seem to know a lot about the Bills and would alternate making pronouncements about what we don't have or can't do with asking Chris questions about whether we had the people to do something he just made a pronouncement about.

Anyway Phil Simms picks KC and Chris says he won't pick until tomorrow, but then basically picks KC.  Their major reasoning seems to be that KC has a great secondary and that behind Kelce and Hill, they have better WR in Hardman, Robinson, and Watkins than we have behind Diggs.  They seem to think their secondary will take away and get picks off of Beasley, to which I say 🤷‍♂️.  

I dunno, we played great passing defenses and somehow we wound up with as many passing TDs and 234 fewer passing yards on 10 fewer attempts, equal YPA.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Chris Simms Unbuttoned on the KC-Bills game.  A bit disappointing in that Simms father Phil calls in.  He doesn't seem to know a lot about the Bills and would alternate making pronouncements about what we don't have or can't do with asking Chris questions about whether we had the people to do something he just made a pronouncement about.

Anyway Phil Simms picks KC and Chris says he won't pick until tomorrow, but then basically picks KC.  Their major reasoning seems to be that KC has a great secondary and that behind Kelce and Hill, they have better WR in Hardman, Robinson, and Watkins than we have behind Diggs.  They seem to think their secondary will take away and get picks off of Beasley, to which I say 🤷‍♂️.  

I dunno, we played great passing defenses and somehow we wound up with as many passing TDs and 234 fewer passing yards on 10 fewer attempts, equal YPA.

Weird. Here is the opposite take:

“With Breeland and fellow cornerback Rashad Fenton both dealing with health issues, K.C. could definitely have trouble containing Buffalo's talented receiving corps, particularly when it comes to the first-team All-Pro in the group ...”

https://www.nfl.com/news/championship-sunday-mismatches-will-pack-torch-bucs-on-early-downs-can-chiefs-st

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Weird. Here is the opposite take:

“With Breeland and fellow cornerback Rashad Fenton both dealing with health issues, K.C. could definitely have trouble containing Buffalo's talented receiving corps, particularly when it comes to the first-team All-Pro in the group ...”

https://www.nfl.com/news/championship-sunday-mismatches-will-pack-torch-bucs-on-early-downs-can-chiefs-st

It's not really the opposite take.  The Simms contention is that they can double Diggs and then we have no one behind him

Chiefs' fan here.  Looking forward to the game.

I respect the heck of the Bills and the Bills' fans.  The Bills are a great team and have had a great year.

The Chiefs are also a good/great team and they have also had a great year.  Unfortunately, one of our squads years comes to an end this Sunday.

In the first matchup, Bills were pretty banged up and missing some key guys.  It is foolish not to acknowledge that.  Injuries are part of the game, but there are starters and backups for a reason.

I was hoping the Bills would be the matchup, not because the Bills are a lesser team than the Ravens, but because the Chiefs should match up well with them.  Strength against strength.

Chiefs lost their All Pro Right tackle after that game and the starting running back is injured, but should play.  All in all, there are many of the same pieces on each of the teams, but these are two different teams from earlier this year.

I think the Chiefs pull it out, but won't be surprised if the Bills win the game.  Anyone who watched the Steelers knew they were a trash team that cleaned up on an easy schedule.  Heck, the entire AFC North put three teams in the playoffs because they got to play the NFC East.  The Ravens seemed to be getting hot, but playoff Lamar isn't a real threat.  The Browns were only a threat when Mahomes went down.  The Colts had Rivers and the Titans had a pour defense and an offense that had to run through Henry.  So, it makes sense that the Chiefs and Bills are facing off in this game.

I underestimated Allen, honestly.  He has done really, really well.  Early on, it may have looked like the Chiefs robbed the Bills to get Mahomes.  Now, it looks pretty even.  And, if Allen backs up his improvement with another good year and a Super Bowl Trophy, then the Bills won that trade.

Oh, and I know you guys hate Hill.  One little note here.  He didn't do what he plead guilty to in college.  I know he plead guilty.  He was also a broke college kid who was advised by his attorney to plead guilty.  And, he currently has custody of his kids.  The state gave his kids to him instead of the crazy baby momma that recorded him.  One other thing.  She accused him of hitting her when he broke up with her in college.  This whole dustup happened because Hill told her that he wasn't going to keep supporting her family and friends.  The recording was blackmail.  

Don't get me wrong, he isn't a saint.  But, much of what people think about him just isn't factual.  The Chiefs cut Hunt because he kicked a woman and lied to them.  They traded Marcus Peters because he was a lockeroom issue.  They will give guys second chances, but they don't hold onto guys that are problems.

One final thing:  If you guys win this weekend, I hope you win the Super Bowl.  Your fanbase deserves it and I know a lot of great Bills fans.  And, if the Chiefs aren't getting another chip, then I would love to see Mitch Morse grab one.  He is a super good dude and deserves one.

I'm sure I will get flamed.  I didn't come here to talk smack.  I figured there is a lot of BS going back and forth between Bills and Chiefs fans.  I think both fanbases have a lot to be proud of and happy about.

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would have been stunned if Phil picked Buffalo.  He’s been on the KC train all year.  Florio too.  

• Agree 1

Rewatched the Bills vs Chiefs game, key things that stood out to me.....

#1 - As bad as the offense played as well as the run defense we were only down 10-13 with 1:18 left in the 3rd quarter.

#2 - Missed opportunities. (1)Missed FG right before the half after the Klein forced fumble on Kelce would’ve tied the game up 13-13. (2)The dropped INT by Josh Norman early in the 3rd quarter would’ve gave us the ball at our own 40 yard line. (3)The 3rd down stop on Mahomes scramble that should’ve been for either a no gain or a gain of 1 resulting in a 4th and 4 which the Chiefs kick the FG and the score is 10-16. Instead Mahomes picks up 4 yards with 3 defenders right in his face and gets it to 4th and 1...Chiefs go for it and score a TD.....20-10 Chiefs.

#3 - Zimmer, Cox Jr. , Klein and Norman got a lot of snaps in this game, I think that’s a huge reason why our run defense was as bad as it was.

#4 - Cody Ford was terrible in this game before leaving with a leg injury. The play before he got injured he whiffed on a block that resulted in his man tackling Moss for a loss on 3rd and short. We went for it on 4th and he got blown up on a Josh Allen sneak that resulted in Josh being stopped short, but we were saved by a penalty on us which gave us an opportunity to punt the ball instead of KC taking over in our territory.

#5 - The KC FG drive that increased the lead to 23-10......30 of those yards on that drive were helped by 2 uncharacteristic boneheaded personal foul penalties on White and Poyer.....defense imploded on that drive.

After rewatching that game I feel a lot better about Sunday night.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's not really the opposite take.  The Simms contention is that they can double Diggs and then we have no one behind him

Cole beasley and John brown both had career years before diggs put on a bills uniform lol what an odd take.  Its like chris Simms is a josh allen fan and is completely blind to the efforts of every other player on the team.  Teams are actually doubling beasley because he is such a reliable third down option so now they're gonna double Diggs and beasley and spy allen and contain jet sweeps with Mckenzie and  have no trouble? Quite a few defenses with a lot more talent than the chiefs have tried and failed recently 🤣 this whole week has been weird all the advanced metrics type places like 538 and football outsiders have us in a dead heat with kc or better even but we're not the name brand so no one is picking us lol