AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not surprised with those stats. Buffalo and KC were both slinging the ball all year and never really game planned to run the ball except for a couple games. KC destroyed us on the ground, I don’t think that happens again. I doubt CEH is back and their other RBs are pretty average.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Based on what we've seen through 18 games, the last thing I want the Bills to do is go run heavy on Sunday. 

We haven't leaned on the run game all season, and I just hope there isn't a forced overcorrect/overreaction to McDermott reacting to the Ravens game. 

The media isn't comfortable with it, because they're still repeating "establish the run" with old fired Coaches and retired players on set. But our best games - Seattle, @ New England, have been when we've ditched the run to go pass. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wjag said:

Playing devil's advocate for a moment.  Wasn't that the strategy every team tried to use against Mahomes this year?  The only game he lost was against the Raiders who just decided to go deep and go often.  I think a rushing attack, be it draws, WR sweeps, end arounds, or QB designed runs need to be a part of this game plan.

I would like to know what the Falcons did so well to contain the Chiefs offense. That is one game that stood out to me since the Falcons were not very good this year. yet kept it within 3 points. By looking at Stats alone Mahome got his yards 278 with 2 TD and 1 Int. It does  look like they did a good job against their running game and kept it relatively in check. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I would like to know what the Falcons did so well to contain the Chiefs offense. That is one game that stood out to me since the Falcons were not very good this year. yet kept it within 3 points. By looking at Stats alone Mahomes got his yards 278 with 2 TD and 1 Int. It  does  look like they did a good job against their running game and kept it relatively in check. 

I think this is the key for the Bills in every game.  Limit the run and force teams to throw more than they'd like to.

14 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I would like to know what the Falcons did so well to contain the Chiefs offense. That is one game that stood out to me since the Falcons were not very good this year. yet kept it within 3 points. By looking at Stats alone Mahome got his yards 278 with 2 TD and 1 Int. It does  look like they did a good job against their running game and kept it relatively in check. 

From what I can see - Hill had a pretty pedestrian day (4 for 65).  I dont know if you will see much of a change from week 6's game plan.  Keep Mahomes from the deep ball, take care of Hill (White did an amazing job on him - 3 for 20), and hope Allen and the offense can scores points.

Remember, the game was 23-17 when Zimmer almost forced the ball out on CEH.  That was with an injured Allen and our offense wasnt nearly as good against the zone as we are now.

If the game is 24-21 in the 4th with a chance to win, I'm proud of our defense.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Stills will be fine in WR4 role. You're making this Davis vs Stills for whatever reason. 

Lol.  No I’m not making this Stills vs Davis.  I’m just stating facts.

davis is hurt

if Davis doesn’t play, stills might replace his spot on the active roster.

I would like the Wr that replaces that Davis to be able to run the routes that Davis runs, in order to keep Diggs, Brown Beasley and Mckenzies routes the same and not change up everyone’s plays because still is pigeonholed into the only route he can run well, the go route

To recap-  still would be replacing Davis—-that’s where the comparison comes into play. 

that’ll do it for me on this waste of time subject. 

This game is really intriguing because we've faced KC before and shouldn't be in shock at their speed/creativity out the gate. Interested to see what kind of Defense we deploy, but where I'm really interested in is seeing our Offense against a non-Top 10 Defense...

I've seen some commentary saying our Offense has struggled in the Playoffs.  

We've played two Top 10 Defenses in a row.  One of those games being in a wind tunnel.  

I really want Josh Allen and this Offense to shut everyone up...  The recency bias and failure to put anything in context is frustrating to see, but only our guys can change the narrative... a misleading narrative, but a narrative out there none the less... 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Obviously we don’t want Kenny still to be more than that....that’s all he can do.  The guy he’d be replacing, if he is somehow called up, Gabe Davis, is much more than a deep threat.  Not sure why we would want to replace him with someone that is strictly a deep threat.  

Not sure what you are basing your opinion on,  217/310 career receptions or 70% are for a first down.  12% of Still's career receptions are for a TD - Gabe Davis has TD % of 20%. this year.  Stills YPC Career average is 15.6 YPC and Davis in 2020 is 17.1 YPC.  

Who Stills compares to most on BUF is John Brown.  70% of Brown's catches for career are for First Downs.  10% of  Brown's catches are for TD's.  And Brown's Career YPC is 14.8 YPC. 

Stills has played over 30% of snaps from the slot and would be ideal replacement for Davis if needed.

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Sure hope not

I feel like we talk about Kenny Stills as if he’s a good WR.  I don’t get it.  Not a fan

I believe Kenny Stills is here for two reasons:

1)as a prolonged audition for ability to learn/work ethic/character in case we can't bring back John Brown 😥 next year due to cap concerns.

2)as a "break glass in emergency" guy in case we lose Brown again

I don't think Stills has automatically moved into the "next man up" role if anyone can't go

• Agree 1

The Stills vs Davis debate is about as exciting as the Mahomes Concussion Watch...

If Davis can't play, who does anyone want other than Stills?  That's the question.   Nobody is saying to play Stills over a healthy Davis. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Lol.  No I’m not making this Stills vs Davis.  I’m just stating facts.

davis is hurt

if Davis doesn’t play, stills might replace his spot on the active roster.

I would like the Wr that replaces that Davis to be able to run the routes that Davis runs, in order to keep Diggs, Brown Beasley and Mckenzies routes the same and not change up everyone’s plays because still is pigeonholed into the only route he can run well, the go route

To recap-  still would be replacing Davis—-that’s where the comparison comes into play. 

that’ll do it for me on this waste of time subject. 

well, for me it hasn’t been a time waster at all, because I took a few minutes to watch the two Stills videos that are posted above. 

I just don’t see a one trick pony, as you allege. I see a polished, experienced receiver, albeit from 2019.

I stated prior to the ravens game that I didn’t want to see Stills activated, but that was because to me that would mean our established guys were too hurt to play. However, if in fact it turns out we need help there this weekend, I totally trust this staff to activate and use whichever one they think will fit best in their game plan, Stills, Kumerow, D.Williams, etc.

• Like (+1) 1