AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

14 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

mahomes couldnt stand up on his own. he was staggering around and needed help from his lineman to balance. i think its a bad look for the nfl if he plays and he gets hit hard to the point he gets hurt again.

This 100%.  My instant reaction when Mahomes went down was "SWEET JESUS LET HIM BE OUT SUNDAY!!"   Then, as I settled down, I decided that I hope Mahomes is cleared and able to play Sunday, because 1)If we beat the Chiefs, I want us to have beaten them at full strength, no excuses, and it will make for an OUTSTANDING AFC Championship game...and 2)if we beat them and Mahomes doesn't play, the narrative Monday morning will read "Bills defeat Mahomes-less Chiefs.  

However, I agree that Mahomes was most definitely concussed severely enough that he didn't know what planet he was on.  Judging from what I think i know about his competitive nature, he's probably going to do everything he can to convince them he's good to go...and if that independent physician clears him, Buffalo isn't going to play two-hand touch with him out of sympathy.  Hughes, Oliver, Addison and co. are gonna bring it, and if Mahomes gets hurt again, or suffers worse, the NFL is looking at a huge black eye...If he doesn't play, better for his long term health, and i won't lose a millisecond of sleep over it...

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Even if this is true, we’ll never know for sure:

But I always felt like something was kind of strange about that first Chiefs game. It was the only game where I thought the offense looked different. Like purposely different. And at the time I said it, sort of joking...I wonder if the Bills would be crazy enough to assume we’d (eventually) see them again. Confident enough to hold back a lot of what we wanted to do. Not show them our best stuff and possibly saving a it for the playoffs. I know that seems unlikely and there was no way to know for sure it would be worth it....But nothing about our offense looked normal that day. I know McDermott is a really good coach and I wouldn’t put anything past him but that would be next level intelligent. It always stood out to me that our entire team looked really, really different that day.

Well, it was a weird game planning time with the shift in schedules. Not making excuses, but was a weird game. Pouring rain and Andy Reid running. 

This game will be different, but I dont hope to shut down the Chiefs. We dont need to anyway...

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If Andre Roberts trying to break one results in the Bills having an average drive start at their own 8 yd line all first half like they did vs Colts, including a touchback that woulda come out to the 25 but started from the 6........No.  Just No.

Plus, am I the only one who hold his breath--in anxiety, not anticipation--when Roberts is about to catch the ball? It seems that three outcomes are equally likely at that moment: 1) He'll return for 10-30 yards; 2) he'll get stuffed back at the 6-yard line; 3) he'll fumble. I know that's not remotely fair based on his stats, but it might be close to true in terms of the stakes involved. As his coach, I would stress he doesn't have to take it to the house like McKittrick, that we like him just the way he is, no need to prove a thing, make good, sound decisions and DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER! (I think I would have to shout in his face at this point, wouldn't be able to help it.) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

This 100%.  My instant reaction when Mahomes went down was "SWEET JESUS LET HIM BE OUT SUNDAY!!"   

If it was Josh I'd want him to sit.  In both cases we're talking about the longterm future of the organization.  It's not worth risking the longterm future for one possible win right now.  Also, if it is a neck injury and not a concussion that has to impact Mahomes ability to throw the ball.  I actually think playing with a neck injury would be tougher than playing a week after a concussion (depending on the severity of the concussion)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, finn said:

Plus, am I the only one who hold his breath--in anxiety, not anticipation--when Roberts is about to catch the ball? It seems that three outcomes are equally likely at that moment: 1) He'll return for 10-30 yards; 2) he'll get stuffed back at the 6-yard line; 3) he'll fumble. I know that's not remotely fair based on his stats, but it might be close to true in terms of the stakes involved. As his coach, I would stress he doesn't have to take it to the house like McKittrick, that we like him just the way he is, no need to prove a thing, make good, sound decisions and DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER! (I think I would have to shout in his face at this point, wouldn't be able to help it.) 

he rarely fumbles. He's also had many good returns receiving the ball 5 yards deep. He's the least of my concerns

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On today’s daily dose of false narratives, GMFB on Chiefs actually being better because they play so many close games...

”When you’re the KC Chiefs, you play a harder schedule than the Buffalo Bills”...

Oh, ok.... 

Edited by SCBills
  • Haha (+1) 4

9 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I'm not excited to listen to commentators bring up every 30 seconds the heroic mahomes coming back inches from death to lead the cheifs as the second coming of jesus.

Or that if the Bills defense shuts him down they trot out excuses for him. "He's just not himself. Obviously, no defense in the world could shut down the Holy One." I think we can accept as a given that a Bills victory will have an asterisk (outside of the Bills mafia) no matter what happens. Fine, who cares? Make excuses. 

• Like (+1) 1

I may be in the minority, but I don't care about any narratives that might come from the Bills beating an injured Mahomes or a Mahomes-less Chiefs team.  Them's the breaks.  You play the team and players in front of you.  If we win it all, the talking heads can discredit it all they want, but it still goes down in the record books as a SB win.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This will be the 1st game all year where noise may impact the Bills offense. 16,000 fans. 

I heard estimates that nearly half the crowd last week was Browns fans, so I am guessing it will be similar this week with Bills fans. My guess is, we will be louder than them, or at least close. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I may be in the minority, but I don't care about any narratives that might come from the Bills beating an injured Mahomes or a Mahomes-less Chiefs team.  Them's the breaks.  You play the team and players in front of you.  If we win it all, the talking heads can discredit it all they want, but it still goes down in the record books as a SB win.

I don't think we would have looked down if we won SB 25 while Giants played their backup QB

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1