AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

20 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Yeah it definitely looked rough at first when he was attempting to stand. You could easily tell he got his bell rung. As for the bold, this is kinda where I'm at with this, does the NFL make a strong point and try to make a statement regarding player safety, or is he rushed just because it's a champion ship game. 

I can see it go either way. 

Better safe than sorry- always.

The nfl can’t risk its new golden boy getting a career threatening injury 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

10 personnel is 1 RB 4 WRS 0 TEs.  11 personnel is 1 RB 3 WRS 1 TE.

This is Buffalos most dynamic offense.  The health of Brown and Beasley has hampered this all season long.  If there was a game you brought in Stills to be more than a break glass in case of emergency player its this one.  Go 4 wide spread em out and attack the weakness.  Whether is a lb or dime db so be it.  I like Davis and Brown outside with Diggs and Beasley inside.  

6 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

Somebody help me out here.  What is "10" personnel v. "11" personnel?

It's a system to track how many skill players of different kinds are on offense.

The first number is RB, the second number is TE

5-(sum of 1st and 2nd number) = number of WR

10 is 1 RB, 0 TE, 4 WR - Bills run this 2nd most in the league, 15% of the time.  Tampa Bay next most with 6%

11 is 1 RB, 1 TE, 3 WR - Bills base set, 74% of the time

12 is 1 RB, 2 TE, 2 WR - Bills run this 5% of the time

Stats here if interested

https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/personnel-grouping-frequency.html

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's a system to track how many skill players of different kinds are on offense.

The first number is RB, the second number is TE

5-(sum of 1st and 2nd number) = number of WR

10 is 1 RB, 0 TE, 4 WR - Bills run this 2nd most in the league, 15% of the time.  Tampa Bay next most with 6%

11 is 1 RB, 1 TE, 3 WR - Bills base set, 74% of the time

12 is 1 RB, 2 TE, 2 WR - Bills run this 5% of the time

Stats here if interested

https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/personnel-grouping-frequency.html

Wow hard to believe someone is running 10 more than us...guess it makes sense its brady though lol

38 minutes ago, wjag said:

That’s some serious price gouging.  

You aren't kidding, especially the way some of the "pricier" tickets are rated. These tickets are for the serious Bills fan with disposable money to spend, which isn't me/us. Tv works for this one.

Chiefs fans are beyond confident. JA missed bunch of throws Saturday night 🙄. Imho they were fortunate to have not gotten the helmet to helmet on the accurately called fumble. Tight win against the Browns. Were they dominant no. This is a total toss up game. 
 Mahomes is playing. Seems the toe injury may be more impactful than the neck. Bills will be ready and do a lot of 4 wide. Not being mentioned but Bills are by far the highest remaining ST at 8th ranking via Rick Gosselin. That will be enough to help win a high scoring game. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

Just wanted to drop in and say that I took a moment to check out the Chief's message board and they have been over here and are trashing the team, the city, the fans, and all of us posters.  It's a trash message board to be sure but check out this quick glimpse:

Originally Posted by Megatron96

Go to the Bills board.

They think that White can cover Hill.

They think they have a LB that can cover Kelce.

For some reason they think their DL can force Patrick to throw to the sidelines, where they think they can take advantage?

They think they can run against us.

They think our secondary is trash.

They are scared of CEH.

They think Andy's lying about Mahomes, and that he really does have a concussion. Many of them think Henne will start. That right there is hilarious.

That's really interesting. And by interesting, i mean it's a hilarious combination of hopeful wishes.

White on Hill with no safety help? Good luck with that. Now, if they want to dedicate White and keep both safeties deep, yes, that would limit Hill's impact (though if White is chasing Hill all game, we'll see how his conditioning holds up).

The fact they think Matt Milano is going to stop Kelce this time is freaking hilarious.

I don't understand why they'd think their DL can force Mahomes to do ANYTHING. It isn't that good and couldn't do anything against the Chiefs with the scramble-drill OL in game one.

The Chiefs' secondary is consistently underrated. Lajerius Sneed is going to make as big an impact in this game as Milano returning for them, easily, and more so, IMO.

The only thing that's accurate is that they should be scared of Clyde.

Their secondary is trash 🤣 I will personally tell anyone from their message board that.  Their entire defense runs through chris Jones.  I mean maybe they will outscheme us but on paper we are going to torch them...we just have to torch them more than mahomes is gonna torch us lol

Easily one of the five worst defenses we've seen all year...thats not saying they can't execute a solid game plan in a one game scenario though 

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Sorry, I must not have been clear.  Tampa is next most frequent at 6%.  Arizona runs it the most at 24%.  We're second at 15%.

I'm sure I just can't read 🤣 man I dont think I could name four wrs on the cardinals especially with Fitzgerald being in and out of the lineup 

2 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Chiefs fans are beyond confident. JA missed bunch of throws Saturday night 🙄. Imho they were fortunate to have not gotten the helmet to helmet on the accurately called fumble. Tight win against the Browns. Were they dominant no. This is a total toss up game. 
 Mahomes is playing. Seems the toe injury may be more impactful than the neck. Bills will be ready and do a lot of 4 wide. Not being mentioned but Bills are by far the highest remaining ST at 8th ranking via Rick Gosselin. That will be enough to help win a high scoring game. 

That is not opinion.  That was a clear penalty, and it should have been called.  The rules expert said so, anyone with a brain said so.

Allen did miss a bunch of throws on Saturday night.  Not his best night by a long chalk, but got the job done.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

He missed a 60 yard throw in swirling winds lol i dont think mahomes makes that throw either.  I may be crazy but this matchup scares me the least out of our three playoff games so far...granted that does not mean its an easy win by any means.  We were missing a cb2...we were starting Brian freaking winters....and our best cover lb was out and josh allen was hurt last time we played them and I think their fans and hopefully their team too have developed a false sense of security based on that first meeting 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Easily one of the five worst defenses we've seen all year...thats not saying they can't execute a solid game plan in a one game scenario though 

they are 10th in points allowed. theyre not 5 worst

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That is not opinion.  That was a clear penalty, and it should have been called.  The rules expert said so, anyone with a brain said so.

Allen did miss a bunch of throws on Saturday night.  Not his best night by a long chalk, but got the job done.

Stefanski was inexplicably trying to run man coverage for farrrr too long as well.  Cleveland coaching really pooped the bed in that one 

Just now, balln said:

they are 10th in points allowed. theyre not 5 worst

I mean compared to who we've played...we have run the absolute gauntlet of top defenses this year 

Look at their depth chart...if breeland doesn't play who also has a concussion i just dont see who can stop us...on paper of course 🤣 games are certainly not played on paper.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I have a date on Saturday.  Do you think she will be cool with candles, a nice Cabernet, rose pedals and the Shout Song on my soundbar?

If she's not cool with it, major red flag and you deserve better dude! 

If she is, propose and we'll expect a full day invite to the wedding. 😁

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Stefanski was inexplicably trying to run man coverage for farrrr too long as well.  Cleveland coaching really pooped the bed in that one 

I mean compared to who we've played...we have run the absolute gauntlet of top defenses this year 

yea... this chiefs D will be more in the gauntlet category than push over category 

Just now, balln said:

yea... this chiefs D will be more in the gauntlet category than push over category 

Theres a lot more at play than just net points with a team like the chiefs...their explosive offense forces teams without the weapons we have to try to play catchup.  They don't have a lot of talent in their secondary on paper compared to teams we have previously faced.  If you're into advanced analytics type places football outsiders has them as the 22nd ranked defense.  I wouldnt call them pushovers but I would say we have a proven track record against better defensive groups than theirs 

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Concussions are a funny thing.  There are some that look like nothing, but the person takes weeks or months to return to baseline.  VB player on my kid's team took 2 months to recover from what looked like nothing much.

There are others that are nasty - involve getting knocked unconscious etc, but resolve quickly and don't cause much in the way of lingering physical symptoms.  I experienced this myself.  I was knocked unconscious in a car accident, suffered a subdural bleed, no memory of about 3 hrs, spent the night in a neuro unit, walked out of the hospital the next day - no headaches, no nausea, no balance issues, no light sensitivity, I was very fatigued but I didn't have increased symptoms from exercise.

So while I agree that Mahomes appears to have suffered a concussion, I don't know that it's really a statement to hold him out or rushing if he comes back.  It really depends upon the integrity of the protocol and the people executing it.  He could come back from that in 5 days, while Mitch Morse took what, a month? from a knee in the helmet.

Yup I agree. This of course all depends on what's going on behind the scenes and how sever it actually is, which we don't know those things for fact. That's kinda what I was getting at when suggesting how the NFL handles it. 

But we know, at least a majority of the times when players get concussions ( speaking about the ones where they have trouble getting up/standing specifically) like we saw PM get, they are usually out for a minimum of 2 weeks.  And that's being generous. 

But I like many others don't believe for 1 second that it was "only" a pinched nerve and he didn't get concussed.