AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

13 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Yeah, you're good for now. Until it starts to slowly creep up and get closer. I bet by Thursday or Friday at latest those nerves will start to act up again. I know mine has been through the roof the last 2 weeks.

I'll calm down and be happy and enjoy the win for the 1st 3 days or so, then when the game is in 2-3 days away my emotions slowly start going all over the place.

I have a date on Saturday.  Do you think she will be cool with candles, a nice Cabernet, rose pedals and the Shout Song on my soundbar?

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Just going to ask this question here in this thread and I'm not sure anyone would be too sure about this since the Bills haven't won a Super Bowl, but my question is.....if the Bills do happen to pull this out and win the Super Bowl, does anyone know when the parade would be (assuming they have one due to obvious reasons)?

I would assume it would be a couple days after but not sure. Thanks

You are really playing with some major jinx fire here. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

*  People are sensitive about Allen because he's taken a beating in the national media over the last couple of years.  Hell a small but vocal group of 2BD posters have been harshly critical of Allen the last couple of years. 

When I first read this I thought it was the number 280 and my first thought was "That seems low"

• Haha (+1) 1

I won't be on Sunday, but I'm generally a big Mahomes fan.  Love his game, and he's a likable dude.  Guys like he, Allen & now Herbert are instantly filling the void that will be left by the aging greats who have owned the league for close to 2 decades now.

I genuinely felt for him when he got up after that play.  I can't remember a concussion ever looking like that - on PTI, they were saying it looked like a prize fighter who had just been knocked cold and was trying to force himself up before the count.  

You do have to wonder what goes on behind the scenes on these things. I prefer to be naive and think they're putting his health first.  But, when millions of dollars are in play, who knows.

Hope he plays AND that it's the right decision to let him do so.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Will Mahomes be afraid to leave the pocket in this game?

I'm hoping he has no option

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I have a date on Saturday.  Do you think she will be cool with candles, a nice Cabernet, rose pedals and the Shout Song on my soundbar?

That depends on how well you do push-ups on that thing. If you doing it right, she will be cool with anything you do

• Haha (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Aside: Over/under on Josh ever talking about the impact of his shoulder injury and that linebacker brace?

I'm gonna say "never gonna happen"

His teammates know how he gutted through it though and no doubt that endeared him to them even more

10 minutes ago, Success said:

I won't be on Sunday, but I'm generally a big Mahomes fan.  Love his game, and he's a likable dude.  Guys like he, Allen & now Herbert are instantly filling the void that will be left by the aging greats who have owned the league for close to 2 decades now.

I genuinely felt for him when he got up after that play.  I can't remember a concussion ever looking like that - on PTI, they were saying it looked like a prize fighter who had just been knocked cold and was trying to force himself up before the count.  

You do have to wonder what goes on behind the scenes on these things. I prefer to be naive and think they're putting his health first.  But, when millions of dollars are in play, who knows.

Hope he plays AND that it's the right decision to let him do so.

It reminded me of the concussion that Joe Montana had in the 1990 NFC championship after getting crushed from behind by Leonard Marshall.  Montana's legs were like jello as he walked off the field (with help).  

The Ravens just released Mark Ingram. I know that trades are not allowed in the playoffs, but can the Bills sign Ingram because he's a free agent? He might be an improvement over Devonta Freeman, and he might sign for cheap for a chance to play in the Super Bowl. 

Just now, finn said:

The Ravens just released Mark Ingram. I know that trades are not allowed in the playoffs, but can the Bills sign Ingram because he's a free agent? He might be an improvement over Devonta Freeman, and he might sign for cheap for a chance to play in the Super Bowl. 

He cannot play for another team this season.

12 minutes ago, finn said:

They can just like with Stills and Freeman.

Edited by Warcodered
Yeah I'm wrong can't clear waiver until after the SB.
  • Disagree 1

58 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I just don't want to see the same defensive game plan of the first meeting to let them run all over us and totally control the ball/game.  Even if the Bills 'kept it close', KC really controlled the game and it was frankly demoralizing to be gouged like that.   Would rather give up a big play on a 3 min drive and get our offense back on the field then let them have long time consuming drives battering us backwards.  I expect the defensive gameplan will be a little more sophisticated this time - and also I hope they plan to try to make Mahomes uncomfortable and move him from the pocket -

I agree that the first game, our defensive game plan was wildly unsuccessful and you're right, it would have been better to put an effective offense back on the field than be battered backwards for 5:20, 6:30, almost 8 minutes. 

I think that the personnel executing the defensive game plan had a role, though.  We were struggling to figure it out at LB and DL.  Edmunds was playing hurt and they were trying to plug Klein in for the injured Milano instead of reworking responsibilities.  Phillips and Butler weren't cutting it at 1TDT and  Murphy not cutting it at DE, so Murphy and Phillips were healthy scratches, replaced by Zimmer and Bryan Cox Jr.  and they were messing around with different combinations.  In the back, White was just back from injury.  Wallace was out and replaced by Norman, who then went out for the next 3 games followed by a covid-19 list appearance.

We didn't look top-tier (as Simms said) because our defense was nowhere near top-tier, so that if our offense stumbled we were out of it.

We seem to have gotten our defensive "act" together since then.

And of course part of the problem was that our offense could not sustain drives for large portions of that game, either - last 2 drives of the 1st half, first 2 of the second half punt, missed FG, punt, punt.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1