AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

10 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Yeah, I heard this and I was just shaking my had.  Could you imagine if they set this precedent?  Where do you draw the line.  Delay every playoff game until all the players are 100% healthy? Just QB's? Just "star" QB's? if someone gets hurt in the Championship game do you delay the Super Bowl?  Rubbish.

I love how he says ‘why not?’ at the end, there’s a million reasons why this would never happen.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, MJS said:

The more negative attention, the better. The Bills seem to take this stuff personally, especially the defense, and it helps keep them motivated.

So I hope people come down hard on Allen and dismiss the defensive effort against the Ravens. The players will notice and come out extra motivated.

Not that they need it. That kind of motivation should already be there. There is a large percentage of NFL fans and media who have been talking up the Chiefs all year and believe they cannot be beaten.

Was just talking to @Patrick_Duffy about this. Jerry Hughes is going to play like a possessed man in this game. He has been here through it all and this is his moment. I hope he's listening to all of it. I almost feel bad for whoever has to try to block him. Almost.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Bills defense is ranked 28th without Milano in the lineup.

With him in the lineup they are ranked 9th.

That's a staggering difference.

He did not play the in the first meeting with the Chiefs.

Bills are also 15-0 with Milano this season 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

The Bills had 10 drives. One was the end of the half so make that 9 drives. They scored 1 TD and had one FG. They also had pretty good field position. This was not an example of the Bills not getting enough chances. Outside of the start of 2nd half drive the Bills O was mostly shut down. Thankfully, outside of the 1st drive of the game and the Johnson Int drive the Bills mostly shut down the Ravens. Difference in the game...the Int for a TD. 

The other difference in the game was that the Bills put together an offensive TD drive and the Ravens did not.

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

I can't wait to see the Bills through the lens of those dope 8K cameras that CBS has.

I also can't wait to watch a Bills game with Romo on the call. Has that happened yet this season?

I'm really hoping we get a 4k broadcast with directv. I've only been able to watch one bills game in 4k and ironically it was the kc game in week 6 

28 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Bills preparing for Patrick Mahomes and Chad Henne in lead-up to AFC title game

Published: Jan 19, 2021 at 11:09 AM

Nick Shook

Around The NFL Writer

Patrick Mahomes' status remains at the center of the lead-up to Sunday's AFC Championship Game, and each team should be expected to prepare for multiple scenarios.

While the Chiefs will have Chad Henne ready to go in case Mahomes cannot, their opponent, the Buffalo Bills, is also acting as if either will start under center in the conference title game.

"We've got work to do to prepare. Certainly have a lot of respect for Patrick and how he plays the game and what he adds to their offense," Bills coach Sean McDermott said, via NewYorkUpstate.com. "They're so good with the weapons they have around Patrick. Andy does such a good job -- they're well-coached, that we got to prepare for the system. We've got to prepare for both quarterbacks and that's why we have a lot of work to do this week."

Henne went from the source of surprise that he was still even in the NFL to the hero Sunday against the Browns, overcoming an ugly interception that could have changed the landscape of a tight Divisional Round contest to help Kansas City seal the victory over Cleveland. Henne completed 6 of 8 passes for 66 yards and scrambled for 13 yards on third-and-14, setting up a pivotal fourth-down call in which the Chiefs trusted the veteran to get the job done.

Henne proved Andy Reid's staff wise in going for it, firing a dart to Tyreek Hill on a quick out to pick up the first down and ice the game. Henne's composure and ability to rise to the occasion was not lost on McDermott's team, which isn't taking him lightly if he does end up playing Sunday.

The Bills have good reason to spend every possible moment preparing for this one. Buffalo fell to Kansas City in the regular season by a final score of 26-17, with the Chiefs racking up 466 total yards thanks to a banner day on the ground. Rookie Clyde Edwards-Helaire rushed 26 times for 161 yards to power a Chiefs offense that combined for 245 rushing yards.

Such a performance would all but guarantee the Chiefs a return trip to the Super Bowl. Buffalo knows it must be better if it wants to reach the sport's biggest stage for the first time since the 1993 season.

"We'll see. We've got to look at that and put a good, complementary plan together for how we want to play the game, and try and win this game," McDermott said of Buffalo's last meeting with Kansas City. "They're a really good opponent. They're balanced in all three phases and that's why they're the defending world champs. We have to have a good week of preparation."

Cleveland encountered similar struggles in its loss to Kansas City, allowing the Chiefs to tally 438 yards of offense in the 22-17 finish. If we've learned anything from the two aforementioned games, it's this: In order to beat the Chiefs, their opponent is going to need more than 17 points.

We'll see if the Bills can do what the Browns couldn't on Sunday.

Disagree with the bolded.  The author is clearly referring to the Chiefs Offensive/Bills Defensive performances.  Given similar performances by those units and an improved offensive performance by the Bills the Bills could easily win.

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The other difference in the game was that the Bills put together an offensive TD drive and the Ravens did not.

99% of folks would guess the Bills lost the game if they only put together 1 TD drive. Allen played good enough and the D stepped up big time. If the Bills lost this game and the QB played exactly the same but his name was Tyrod Taylor all we would hear is that we need a new QB. Thankfully we have a complete team now that can win in a shoot out or in a defensive battle. That is a championship team. 

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

So sensitive to anything but Josh Allen is the greatest. I have no issues with Allen at all thus far in the playoffs. But there could be some merit to saying the Bills D has been a bigger surprise than Allen has. The D stepped up big time in the Ravens game. Its just Allen is now looked at in the same light as Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, etc. He goes for 200 yds passing and only 1 TD, that will be your D winning you a game. The Bills scoring "only" 4 TD's in the playoffs is now low production. That is a good thing - its called higher expectations. People expect and want to see Allen go off for 375 and 4 TD's on the national stage. That is because he is respected, not the other way around. 

I disagree on both these points:

*  People are sensitive about Allen because he's taken a beating in the national media over the last couple of years.  Hell a small but vocal group of 2BD posters have been harshly critical of Allen the last couple of years. 

*  We won the first playoff game on the back of Allen.  And that surprised a lot of the Allen naysayers out there (there are a lot of these people lurking) who were predicting an Allen meltdown along the lines of his exaggerated meltdown last season in the playoffs.

*  The story I see about the Bills D in the playoffs has been the enormous inconstancy of the unit.  Against Indy they played very poorly giving up 4th quarter leads of 14 & 11 points.  The Colts gained almost 500 yards and moved the ball up and down the field.  Then last Saturday the D turned in one of Buffalo's greatest playoff defensive performances of all time.  The fact is that in the first playoff game we almost lost because of poor defensive play and in the 2nd playoff game we won because of exceptional defensive play.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ngbills said:

99% of folks would guess the Bills lost the game if they only put together 1 TD drive. Allen played good enough and the D stepped up big time. If the Bills lost this game and the QB played exactly the same but his name was Tyrod Taylor all we would hear is that we need a new QB. Thankfully we have a complete team now that can win in a shoot out or in a defensive battle. That is a championship team. 

That you even bring Tyrod into this discussion betrays you as one of those "bad Josh" lurkers.  Seriously dude, when judging Allen look at his body of work for the entire season including the first playoff game.  Also look at the weather which played a huge role.

And for the record on a perfect weather day in Jacksonville a couple of years ago Tyrod couldn't even complete 1 TD drive and the Bills lost. 

I can't believe that on the eve of the Bills playing in the AFC championship game with a 15 - 3 record and winning the AFC East and winning TWO playoff games and after a season in which Allen has 50 TD's (40 passing; 9 rushing; 1 receiving) and about 5,000 yards a 2BD poster is throwing Tyrod out there as a way to criticize Allen.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

The Bills couldn't have picked two worse matchups than the Colts and Ravens.

Almost EVERYONE on this board who handpicked the Bills opponents wanted the Colts and Ravens the least of them all.

Yet, the Bills got thru these "supposed" tough matchups and are on their way to KC.

Two questions are.......

Are the Bills emotionally drained and have NOTHING left for the Chiefs? And.............

On the other hand, are they a confident battle-tested team that actually has an upper hand against KC and walks out of KC with the W?

Who knows though.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2