AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

37 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

This is correct. It certainly seems like it anyways. Lamar and Patrick are the 2 new golden boys for the media, bbut yeah I agree. If the Ravens or Chiefs win the exact same way the Bills did (especially the last game against the Ravens), they would be talking about how good their defenses are and blab on and on about Lamar and Pat and how they are this and that. 

Even if they have a bad game, they still talk em up and about bout how strong the D is and what not. Not with Buffalo, different story. However it doesn't bother me like it seems to bother a few other posters. I love it when they doubt, when they look at the Bills like they are just lucky to be there. Bills players are very familiar with it and it just makes them better imo.

Well, speaking of myself, I find confirmation bias at work. I love the pro-Bills media talk, but I tend to underrate it compared to any negative chatter about the Bills. I'm happy with the good but really react at the bad. Trying to be objective, I would say that most media figures are saying the Bills are for real. Try this experiment: Pretend you despise the Bills and think the media drools over them. If you're like me, you'll quickly see how much positive commentary is out there. 

23 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Yep.  If you had told me before the game that Allen would barely crack 200 total yards and be held to a single TD, I would have assumed that we lost and probably lost pretty badly.  Instead we won by two touchdowns.  Our defense won us that game, and that's fine with me.  

Josh got his 200 yards in 23 minutes of possession.  If Bills D had been able to get Birds off the field, that would have been like 260-270 if bills had 30 minutes of possession.

3 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Josh got his 200 yards in 23 minutes of possession.  If Bills D had been able to get Birds off the field, that would have been like 260-270 if bills had 30 minutes of possession.

Agreed, there was some serious bend but don't break d goin on for the Bills. Stopped em when needed though (and more!)

Edited by Bferra13
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, finn said:

Well, speaking of myself, I find confirmation bias at work. I love the pro-Bills media talk, but I tend to underrate it compared to any negative chatter about the Bills. I'm happy with the good but really react at the bad. Trying to be objective, I would say that most media figures are saying the Bills are for real. Try this experiment: Pretend you despise the Bills and think the media drools over them. If you're like me, you'll quickly see how much positive commentary is out there. 

I get it. I mean I enjoy hearing the positive media talk about the Bills too, the few times it happens. It just seems like (to me anyways) that they were all on the Bills bandwagon the last few games of the season when they were blowing teams out. Now that they won the last 2 games and they were relatively close, they seem to have changed their tune.

As far as the bold, I think we all went through that with the Pats. I'm not saying it's all negative talk about the Bills because there is a few that give them credit. Just not to the extent that they give Ravens-Chiefs. As I said though, it really doesn't bother me one way or other 

2 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Wonder if he would say the same if the shoe was on the other foot and it was Josh Allen that was out, or may not play.

Superbowl XXV - Simms was out, middle of a war, Giants played Hostetler, we got beat by a 34 year old running back. Just Saying.

• Like (+1) 1

Josh Allen an the offense need to do the following:

1. Turnovers: 1 MAX and that might even be a stretch

2. Run the ball with some efficiency, even if Devin gets 10 carries for 55 yards that's fine.

3  Red Zone Offense needs to be on an elite level: Have to play for TD's against KC.

The magic number in my head for the Bills to advance to the SB is 34 points.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Superbowl XXV - Simms was out, middle of a war, Giants played Hostetler, we got beat by a 34 year old running back. Just Saying.

Yes I am well aware. Not trying to be a dick but my post had absolutely nothing to do with that. Was questioning whether Cowherd would say the same if it was Allen that was injured instead of PM.

Long time Pats fan here. All i will say is you guys got this. just hit them in the mouth.  I'm really looking forward to you guys putting on a clinic on those arrogant Chiefs on sunday.  U guys have a defense that is super legit.  Just contain Kelce & Hill, and the rest will follow.   Dont get cute just execute baby!   LETS GO BILLS!

4 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

Josh Allen an the offense need to do the following:

1. Turnovers: 1 MAX and that might even be a stretch

2. Run the ball with some efficiency, even if Devin gets 10 carries for 55 yards that's fine.

3  Red Zone Offense needs to be on an elite level: Have to play for TD's against KC.

The magic number in my head for the Bills to advance to the SB is 34 points.

Not all TOs are the same.  Taking a deep shot on 3rd down, that is intercepted, might not be too different than a punt.  Taking a risk in the last minute of the first half, that results in a TO, isn't a bad TO.  Going for it on 4th down in a good place on the field isn't a bad TO.  I agree with you regarding a "bad" TO.

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

The Bills had 10 drives. One was the end of the half so make that 9 drives. They scored 1 TD and had one FG. They also had pretty good field position. This was not an example of the Bills not getting enough chances. Outside of the start of 2nd half drive the Bills O was mostly shut down. Thankfully, outside of the 1st drive of the game and the Johnson Int drive the Bills mostly shut down the Ravens. Difference in the game...the Int for a TD. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Not all TOs are the same.  Taking a deep shot on 3rd down, that is intercepted, might not be too different than a punt.  Taking a risk in the last minute of the first half, that results in a TO, isn't a bad TO.  Going for it on 4th down in a good place on the field isn't a bad TO.  I agree with you regarding a "bad" TO.

I do agree with you on that front.

Also Bills need to sustain and convert TD"s on some of those long vintage drives we were accustomed to seeing. Keep Mahomes and co. Off the field and wear down that defense

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

He would've had that had the wind not taken the ball intended for a wide open Diggs