AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

2 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Josh Allen must do his 1/11th this week. He doesn’t need to be a hero. Efficiency will be key. 

Josh needs to account for four total TDs on Sunday.  If he does that without turning the ball over I LOVE our chances.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Josh Allen must do his 1/11th this week. He doesn’t need to be a hero. Efficiency will be key. 

Considering Allen’s 1/11th accounts for something like 87% of our offensive output this season, chances are he’s gonna be heroic, regardless. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Such prisoners of the moment...

Pete Schrager (and we love them) on GMFB on whether Josh Allen is a superstar...

”He needs to beat KC and be the Josh Allen was saw all year.  They’ve been winning games, but this postseason seems like they’re Leslie Frazier led wins.”  (Paraphrasing)

Excuse me!?  Josh Allen won Player of the Week in the WC Round and literally carried us past the Colts. 

In the context of superstar, where Middle America knows who Josh Allen is, I do agree he needs to beat KC and have two weeks of him on posters across the country, but the Leslie Frazier led win piece just shows how these guys, (even the ones we like), solely focus on week to week narratives.

I'll even go further. 

When the Bills are The Josh Allen Show, as they were against the Colts with Special Teams ceding an average start at the 8 yd line and the defense being somewhat porous, the criticism is "the Bills can't win because it's all Josh Allen.  They have no run game, no special teams, no defense.  When was the last time they scored a defensive TD?" 

So, Ravens game.  Bills ST steps up with excellent field position on punts and kickoffs and a "push" with the other team on missed FGs.  Bills defense steps up with amazingly stout play, bottles up Lamar Jackson and the run game, and scores a defensive TD on a rare full-field Pick 6. 

The narrative OUGHT to be, "OK, so the Bills DO have a team around Allen, they just showed they can win on other phases, maybe they've got a shot".  Instead it's "Oh, Allen had a bad game, the Ravens shut him down, he needs to step up"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Agree 100%. And now the health situation is flipped. They are beat up and we are healthy. It’s going to be a battle but I like our odds.

They weren't healthy when they played you. They were missing, and are still missing, their starting LG, C, RG, RT. Their best CB is a rookie 4th rounder who's been a stud was out. He's back. CEH and Watkins have been injured for a few weeks but are likely going to play. CB Fenton, who may be the 2nd best CB on the team was out last week and may be back. He played the first game. Willie Gay, rookie 2nd rounder, didn't play much most of the season until the last few weeks is a stud but he was out last week. I hope he plays this week.

Obviously the most obvious and biggest impact will be Mahomes. If he plays this will be a good game and they will be about as healthy as they were during the first matchup. If he doesn't play then good luck in the SB because the Chiefs have no shot. I think he does play personally. 

38 minutes ago, eball said:

Josh needs to account for four total TDs on Sunday.  If he does that without turning the ball over I LOVE our chances.

This is how I see it too. Get another by a running back and Bass kicks a field goal or two and Bills win in a shoot out. KC is going to want to put up points. Lots of talk about how they haven’t blown anyone out all year. 

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Bills are 3 or 3.5 pt underdogs.  This is exactly how McDermott likes it.  Plus we lost to this same team several weeks ago.  It's perfect in that regards.  KC will score their points in this one but I'm expecting the Bills O to be much sharper in this game.  

Also willing to be we see a resurgence of the running game.

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Also willing to be we see a resurgence of the running game.

Would be nice to be able to grind out a few yards on the ground but it's not a requirement.  As has been pointed out many times it's a passing league now.  All the teams that lost this past weekend had solid rushing attacks but were not as proficient at passing as their opponents. 

The problem defending KC is they have a good rushing attack (if CEH plays) and obviously great at passing.  

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

These playoff games are showing the anti-bills bias. Any other team wins two games like that and it’s all about how they’re a strong minded team who can win in a variety of ways and is dangerous. Only person I’ve seen mention that is Gregg Rosenthal, which is funny cause he’s usually very anti-Bills.

This is correct. It certainly seems like it anyways. Lamar and Patrick are the 2 new golden boys for the media, bbut yeah I agree. If the Ravens or Chiefs win the exact same way the Bills did (especially the last game against the Ravens), they would be talking about how good their defenses are and blab on and on about Lamar and Pat and how they are this and that. 

Even if they have a bad game, they still talk em up and about bout how strong the D is and what not. Not with Buffalo, different story. However it doesn't bother me like it seems to bother a few other posters. I love it when they doubt, when they look at the Bills like they are just lucky to be there. Bills players are very familiar with it and it just makes them better imo.

28 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

I don’t see a very high scoring game or a shootout. I don’t think our D is going to allow the quick TD’s as usual, and I expect Daboll to run the ball a bit more. If Josh accounts for 4 TDS we win hands down.

I would think the Bills should approach the game like it will be a shootout.  If your on KC side of field with 4th and 2, go for it.  Giving the ball to KC on the 20 vs 40 not really that much a difference.  Bills should run an uptempo game as well.  And whatever happened to the draw play to a RB?  Run that and some screens. 

So sensitive to anything but Josh Allen is the greatest. I have no issues with Allen at all thus far in the playoffs. But there could be some merit to saying the Bills D has been a bigger surprise than Allen has. The D stepped up big time in the Ravens game. Its just Allen is now looked at in the same light as Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, etc. He goes for 200 yds passing and only 1 TD, that will be your D winning you a game. The Bills scoring "only" 4 TD's in the playoffs is now low production. That is a good thing - its called higher expectations. People expect and want to see Allen go off for 375 and 4 TD's on the national stage. That is because he is respected, not the other way around. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I understand that Mahomes won the Super Bowl and therefore deserves a major benefit of a doubt, but even when he has a bad performance, no one ever questions whether or not he is elite, but with Josh it seems like he constantly has to prove himself.  It seems at this point, anything short of winning the Super Bowl will not be good enough for a majority of national analysts.

To be fair every great QB has to deal with this. Peyton Manning was questioned for years on if he was just a regular season QB. Some have tried to blame Aaron Rodgers for their lack of championships. It's just how some people are. Until Allen wins a Super Bowl that will be the last stand his critics can take. Mahomes was lucky to get it out of the way early in his career. If the 49ers had held on last year people would be asking the same question about him.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Dr.Sack said:

I know what you're trying to say, but the fact is that Allen is going to bring his A+ game this weekend.  This game has all the trappings of a classic track meet.  

8 minutes ago, ngbills said:

So sensitive to anything but Josh Allen is the greatest. I have no issues with Allen at all thus far in the playoffs. But there could be some merit to saying the Bills D has been a bigger surprise than Allen has. The D stepped up big time in the Ravens game. Its just Allen is now looked at in the same light as Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, etc. He goes for 200 yds passing and only 1 TD, that will be your D winning you a game. The Bills scoring "only" 4 TD's in the playoffs is now low production. That is a good thing - its called higher expectations. People expect and want to see Allen go off for 375 and 4 TD's on the national stage. That is because he is respected, not the other way around. 

Yep.  If you had told me before the game that Allen would barely crack 200 total yards and be held to a single TD, I would have assumed that we lost and probably lost pretty badly.  Instead we won by two touchdowns.  Our defense won us that game, and that's fine with me.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Fans/People are just tired of media narratives and question them - rightfully so. Apparently you're not one of them. Carry on

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower