AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

7 minutes ago, eball said:

Through two weeks of the playoffs Josh is 49/72 (68%) for 530 yards, 3 TDs and no INTs.  He also has 54 yards rushing and a TD.  Mistake-free football against VERY good defenses who know the Bills don’t/can’t run the ball.  He’s a superstar no matter what any talking head says.

In the context they were discussing, I actually agree with them. They are talking nationally, amongst the casuals.  

I just find it wild how people who follow Football for a living are always so reactionary.  Agreed... the Ravens game was all credit to our Defense, but absolutely no one was singing their praises after Wild Card Weekend, and Josh Allen literally won Player of the Week honors for carrying us past the Colts.  

Edited by SCBills

Just now, SCBills said:

In the context they were discussing, I actually agree with them. They are talking nationally, amongst the casuals.  

I just find it wild how people who follow Football for a living are always so reactionary.  Agreed... the Ravens game was all credit to our Defense, but the Defense was absolutely no one was singing their praises after Wild Card Weekend, and Josh Allen literally won Player of the Week honors for carrying us past the Colts.  

Josh was exactly what he needed to be against the Ravens.  It was as impressive a performance under the circumstances as his game against Indy.  He made a number of “wow” throws in that wind few QBs would even attempt, much less complete.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, eball said:

Josh was exactly what he needed to be against the Ravens.  It was as impressive a performance under the circumstances as his game against Indy.  He made a number of “wow” throws in that wind few QBs would even attempt, much less complete.

100% agree. And i would argue if it was one of the other 5 or 6 qb's that dealt with that weather and that red hot defense while playing that sort of clean game, they would be getting it heaped on them all week. But..... buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, eball said:

Through two weeks of the playoffs Josh is 49/72 (68%) for 530 yards, 3 TDs and no INTs.  He also has 54 yards rushing and a TD.  Mistake-free football against VERY good defenses who know the Bills don’t/can’t run the ball.  He’s a superstar no matter what any talking head says.

On top of it, I think if the weather conditions were good against Baltimore, he dices them up for a lot more than 207 yards

• Agree 3

19 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

100% agree. And i would argue if it was one of the other 5 or 6 qb's that dealt with that weather and that red hot defense while playing that sort of clean game, they would be getting it heaped on them all week. But..... buffalo.

You should listen to practically every other credible football person and they'll say Allen has been great all season and excellent in the playoffs.  Why harp on one comment, which wasn't even negative.

And who cares anyway?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

Such prisoners of the moment...

Pete Schrager (and we love them) on GMFB on whether Josh Allen is a superstar...

”He needs to beat KC and be the Josh Allen was saw all year.  They’ve been winning games, but this postseason seems like they’re Leslie Frazier led wins.”  (Paraphrasing)

Excuse me!?  Josh Allen won Player of the Week in the WC Round and literally carried us past the Colts. 

In the context of superstar, where Middle America knows who Josh Allen is, I do agree he needs to beat KC and have two weeks of him on posters across the country, but the Leslie Frazier led win piece just shows how these guys, (even the ones we like), solely focus on week to week narratives. 

This is so true.  I understand that Mahomes won the Super Bowl and therefore deserves a major benefit of a doubt, but even when he has a bad performance, no one ever questions whether or not he is elite, but with Josh it seems like he constantly has to prove himself.  It seems at this point, anything short of winning the Super Bowl will not be good enough for a majority of national analysts.  We have won 2 playoff games against difficult opponents and all I keep hearing is yeah, they won, but...

Before the Ravens game many of them picked the Ravens and went on and on about how elite Lamar was and how the Ravens were a legitimate threat to win the Super Bowl, but now, even though we beat them by TWO TOUCHDOWNS, they "experts" are saying it was because the Ravens offense is one sided and Lamar needs better receivers. Seriously?  Last week they were praising them as Super Bowl contenders.

I am glad the Bills seem to be using these doubters as fuel, because there is definitely a lot of fuel out there right now.  My biggest fear for the game this week is that we will be  playing agains the Chiefs AND the officials. The NFL would much rather have the Chiefs in the Super Bowl over the Bills.  Buffalo vs. the world!

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes, josh said after the game “we hear what they say on tv”. That said, I think they rally more around team oriented stuff. Allen is about winning moreso than whether he’s considered a superstar. 

Jerry also said this - "“We took it as a challenge,” said Hughes, who had two of those sacks. “A lot of us, just because we had this late-night game, we sat around, we watched TV, we enjoy football. It’s our job. It’s our passion. So, you know, when we see the guys on TV talking about how they don’t play defense in Buffalo, we’re going to give up 30 points. That’s a challenge that we all see. We take it as a challenge and we accept it, so I think we went out there and we played like we had something to prove, and that’s how you’re supposed to play football at your house, especially in the playoffs.”

I get that they are professionals and don't *need* the hot takes of silly TV personalities to be motivated - but they are also human beings and not robots, and are more than willing to use any perceived slight as fuel

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Pete Schrager (and we love them) on GMFB on whether Josh Allen is a superstar...

”He needs to beat KC and be the Josh Allen was saw all year.  They’ve been winning games, but this postseason seems like they’re Leslie Frazier led wins.”  (Paraphrasing)

Excuse me!?  Josh Allen won Player of the Week in the WC Round and literally carried us past the Colts. 

In the context of superstar, where Middle America knows who Josh Allen is, I do agree he needs to beat KC and have two weeks of him on posters across the country, but the Leslie Frazier led win piece just shows how these guys, (even the ones we like), solely focus on week to week narratives. 

This is what bugs me the most.  The ignorance of this guys statement is breathtaking.  All he had to do was look at highlights from the first playoff game to see that Allen carried this team to victory.  Then on Saturday the defense carried the team to victory.  That's what good teams do.

By any standard Allen has been outstanding in the playoffs so far.  And I submit that Allen didn't play all that badly in last years playoff game.  Go back and watch the whole game if you don't believe me.

17 minutes ago, klos63 said:

You should listen to practically every other credible football person and they'll say Allen has been great all season and excellent in the playoffs.  Why harp on one comment, which wasn't even negative.

And who cares anyway?

You're right that we shouldn't let morons get under our skin.  But it is more then one guy making one comment.

But as you say in the end it doesn't matter.  Regardless of what happens on Sunday we found our QB, our Coach and our GM.  We'll be in the Super Bowl hunt for the next 10 years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

the recency bias is getting comical. Literally 4 days ago they talked about how bad the Bills defense is because of what the colts did to them. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I am oddly calm before this game. I think it comes from a belief that the Bills will simply take care of business. Just like they have for the last 8 games. I’m not sure if this confidence will waver as the week goes on. After viewing the burning trash pile that is the Chiefs Nation message board and listening to way too much national media, I feel like the Bills will be up against more condescending doubters...And they will shut them up once again!  Go ahead and sleep on the Bills because they haven’t won by 30 in the first two playoff games. Sleep on them because you don’t see Josh Allen in a commercial every 5 minutes. Sleep on them because they aren’t talking sh!# and stomping on logos. I can’t wait for Sunday! Go Bills! 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, klos63 said:

And who cares anyway?

i'm talking in general. not just about one comment. and i care. you dont. cool.

part of MY fan experience is enjoying positive coverage of the team when they've earned it. i think thats fair. you do you, man.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Agree 1

Bills are 3 or 3.5 pt underdogs.  This is exactly how McDermott likes it.  Plus we lost to this same team several weeks ago.  It's perfect in that regards.  KC will score their points in this one but I'm expecting the Bills O to be much sharper in this game.  

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Jerry also said this - "“We took it as a challenge,” said Hughes, who had two of those sacks. “A lot of us, just because we had this late-night game, we sat around, we watched TV, we enjoy football. It’s our job. It’s our passion. So, you know, when we see the guys on TV talking about how they don’t play defense in Buffalo, we’re going to give up 30 points. That’s a challenge that we all see. We take it as a challenge and we accept it, so I think we went out there and we played like we had something to prove, and that’s how you’re supposed to play football at your house, especially in the playoffs.”

I get that they are professionals and don't *need* the hot takes of silly TV personalities to be motivated - but they are also human beings and not robots, and are more than willing to use any perceived slight as fuel

Those who think that the players are emotionless and are a bunch of robot-like players who don't listen in to what the talking heads are saying are deluding themselves.  Of course some of the players watch what they are saying, they are human and they want to hear good things said about them and when they see that many of the "experts" are chalking these victories as something that the other team did wrong and not what they did to cause that, they take that as a sleight.   And you are crazy if you don't think that what these players saw isn't being transmitted on over to the rest of the team and that is used as additional fuel.  People take things personally, especially some of the highest competitors on the planet.  Michael Jordan took everything personally and I mean everything.   So even though what the talking heads have been saying have been somewhat frustrating from a fan perspective it will only add fuel to the Bills.  I like where this is heading.

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i'm talking in general. not just about one comment. and i care. you dont. cool.

part of MY fan experience is enjoying positive coverage of the team when they've earned it. i think thats fair. you do you, man.

100%, for some of us that is part of the fan experience.  Enjoying sports media say great things about this historically great Bills team we have is enjoyable.

14 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

I am oddly calm before this game. I think it comes from a belief that the Bills will simply take care of business. Just like they have for the last 8 games. I’m not sure if this confidence will waver as the week goes on. After viewing the burning trash pile that is the Chiefs Nation message board and listening to way too much national media, I feel like the Bills will be up against more condescending doubters...And they will shut them up once again!  Go ahead and sleep on the Bills because they haven’t won by 30 in the first two playoff games. Sleep on them because you don’t see Josh Allen in a commercial every 5 minutes. Sleep on them because they aren’t talking sh!# and stomping on logos. I can’t wait for Sunday! Go Bills! 

Dude, I feel the same way.

I was very nervous before both the Colts and Ravens game.  Now I’m good for some reason.

The weather is really the only thing worrying me.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, klos63 said:

And who cares anyway?

I think most of us are just annoyed at the false narratives.  It's one thing to have clown takes for clicks like Nick Wright, Skip Bayless etc., but leading up to the Ravens game, the narrative was that they were going to run all over us and Lamar would dance on our corpses because of how poorly our defense played against Indy.

Our defense then dominates Baltimore and all of a sudden we have talking heads saying they are responsible for BOTH our playoff wins in an effort to slight Josh Allen during a conversation on whether he's a superstar yet..

Josh Allen literally won Player of the Week for Wild Card Weekend... How that's lost on people who follow the NFL for a living is beyond me... or maybe it just pays more to give hot takes.  ::shrugs::

These playoff games are showing the anti-bills bias. Any other team wins two games like that and it’s all about how they’re a strong minded team who can win in a variety of ways and is dangerous. Only person I’ve seen mention that is Gregg Rosenthal, which is funny cause he’s usually very anti-Bills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Bills are 3 or 3.5 pt underdogs.  This is exactly how McDermott likes it.  Plus we lost to this same team several weeks ago.  It's perfect in that regards.  KC will score their points in this one but I'm expecting the Bills O to be much sharper in this game.  

Agree 100%. And now the health situation is flipped. They are beat up and we are healthy. It’s going to be a battle but I like our odds.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

These playoff games are showing the anti-bills bias. Any other team wins two games like that and it’s all about how they’re a strong minded team who can win in a variety of ways and is dangerous. Only person I’ve seen mention that is Gregg Rosenthal, which is funny cause he’s usually very anti-Bills.

Yup...these guys are always moving the goal posts with Allen...dude has more playoff wins than any other QB from his draft class, after being called a “perody of an NFL QB” when he was drafted...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1