AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

15 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

I am waaay late to this particular party, but this is freaking-cool-mind-blowing stuff, even if it's ex-pats.

Spent fair amount of time in Nur-Sultan, and places like Aksu and Pavlodar. Great people, food, etc.

For the young'n: when Soviet Union fell, Kaz was suddenly a no-s**t nuclear weapons power. But they gave up all their WMD, and were very helpful to US/allies w site investigations.

So, ya know, Bills and WMD: good on 'em.

• Like (+1) 7

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I know this is the Chiefs thread but has anyone else watched the pick-6 practically non stop since Saturday? I'm starting to think I have a problem.

Ive watched it a bunch because im pretty sure tre day out ran Lamar. Lamar supposed to be fastest guy but seems like tre matched him on that hustle!

1 hour ago, Golden said:

1 hour ago,  Miyagi-Do Karate said: 

Kind of interested in how KC defends the Bills. In the first game, they blitzed Josh a lot.  He was pretty so-so against it, making them pay with his legs a few times, but otherwise didn’t do much damage finding open guys in the passing game. 
       Will they blitz him, or rush 4 and try to playcoverage, similar to what Baltimore mostly did? 

Playing coverage is the best bet presently because we do not run with authority 👍

I hope they blitz him Josh will tear them a new !@#hole

1 hour ago, Dukestreetking said:

No way dude. He was clearly choked out by Jon Jones. One of his carotids almost burst.

What is with the narrative? You cannot choke a guy out in 5 seconds with a sleeper hold that is just ######ed.

He got whiplash. His brain smashed into his skull and concussed him. He wobbled as he tried to stand and his eyes had a far away look.

• Agree 2

41 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

What is with the narrative? You cannot choke a guy out in 5 seconds with a sleeper hold that is just ######ed.

He got whiplash. His brain smashed into his skull and concussed him. He wobbled as he tried to stand and his eyes had a far away look.

It's a joke...the running narrative. Perhaps we should should have made that more clear.

(I did do a mostly serious post on carotid chokes, if that's any consolation)

4 hours ago, Golden said:

Playing coverage is the best bet presently because we do not run with authority 👍

I'm still not sure about this narrative...I think we don't run because we really havented needed to and a lot of these passing plays are designed as kind of extended handoffs anyway...quite a few games we have pounded it down the stretch and ran out the clock when the other team knew we'd be running the ball.  This is a variant of that tom brady NE offense we are running where we force defenses to defend the whole field on passing plays and we are at our best when theres 4 wrs on the field

Baltimore game i think the wind really limited our passing game more than we expected so we were more balanced in the second half

The modern day nfl its getting pretty close to not being worth it to commit to the run...with the 'hits on defenseless receivers' and ticky tacky PI calls and litany of different tackles that turn into roughing the passer calls...theres just so many ways a passing offense can get bailed out.  We are greatly oversimplifying it as fans by saying 'the chiefs can just play coverage and stop us' lol there are a lot of things to stop even if we informed the chiefs in advance we'd be throwing the ball every play 

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The modern day nfl its getting pretty close to not being worth it to commit to the run...with the 'hits on defenseless receivers' and ticky tacky PI calls and litany of different tackles that turn into roughing the passer calls...theres just so many ways a passing offense can get bailed out.  We are greatly oversimplifying it as fans by saying 'the chiefs can just play coverage and stop us' lol there are a lot of things to stop even if we informed the chiefs in advance we'd be throwing the ball every play 

You absolutely have to at least have the threat of the run. It effects the called defensive coverages and certainly the play-action game which was a huge part of our offense earlier in the year. I don’t have a problem being a pass happy, pass first offense. I do have a problem being as one dimensional as we tend to be. We actually do run the ball at times I just think we need a touch more emphasis on it earlier in games because we do have the ability to establish it. You can get away with it but more often than not, 25 straight passes without a run in a playoff game in gusting wind will not give you a good outcome. Our offense only scored 10 points on Baltimore because all we had was short/intermediate throws for the entire offense. Except for one drive we didn’t try and run, and the wind took away the deep shots. Out inability or unwillingness to run the ball hampered our offense.  That part of our offense needs to be developed (obviously not his year) because you can’t put it all on Josh’s shoulders every single game.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I know this is the Chiefs thread but has anyone else watched the pick-6 practically non stop since Saturday? I'm starting to think I have a problem.

My kids are getting really sick of me. I played the pick 6 and shout song on a loop yesterday. They don't appreciate my brain washing techniques right now, but someday they'll thank me.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Such prisoners of the moment...

Pete Schrager (and we love them) on GMFB on whether Josh Allen is a superstar...

”He needs to beat KC and be the Josh Allen was saw all year.  They’ve been winning games, but this postseason seems like they’re Leslie Frazier led wins.”  (Paraphrasing)

Excuse me!?  Josh Allen won Player of the Week in the WC Round and literally carried us past the Colts. 

In the context of superstar, where Middle America knows who Josh Allen is, I do agree he needs to beat KC and have two weeks of him on posters across the country, but the Leslie Frazier led win piece just shows how these guys, (even the ones we like), solely focus on week to week narratives. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Pete Schrager (and we love them) on GMFB on whether Josh Allen is a superstar...

”He needs to beat KC and be the Josh Allen was saw all year.  They’ve been winning games, but this postseason seems like they’re Leslie Frazier led wins.”  (Paraphrasing)

Excuse me!?  Josh Allen won Player of the Week in the WC Round and literally carried us to the Divisional Round.  

It is hard to think about it this way, but we need to be thankful for takes like this, Stephen A, Nick Wright, et al. It's annoying to listen to it as a fan, but I think this team relishes in it. They are better in the underdog roll. Fueled by hate baby, keep the bulletin board material coming.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

It is hard to think about it this way, but we need to be thankful for takes like this, Stephen A, Nick Wright, et al. It's annoying to listen to it as a fan, but I think this team relishes in it. They are better in the underdog roll. Fueled by hate baby, keep the bulletin board material coming.

Yes, josh said after the game “we hear what they say on tv”. That said, I think they rally more around team oriented stuff. Allen is about winning moreso than whether he’s considered a superstar. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Excuse me!?  Josh Allen won Player of the Week in the WC Round and literally carried us past the Colts. 

In the context of superstar, where Middle America knows who Josh Allen is, I do agree he needs to beat KC and have two weeks of him on posters across the country, but the Leslie Frazier led win piece just shows how these guys, (even the ones we like), solely focus on week to week narratives. 

Through two weeks of the playoffs Josh is 49/72 (68%) for 530 yards, 3 TDs and no INTs.  He also has 54 yards rushing and a TD.  Mistake-free football against VERY good defenses who know the Bills don’t/can’t run the ball.  He’s a superstar no matter what any talking head says.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2