AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

1 hour ago, downunderbill said:

The entire KC online fanbase seems to be just like Nick Wright, in their mind there is just no possible way they can lose, even if Henne starts.

It's not just the Bills, there is no respect for any team. No fanbase deserves to lose a game more to come back to Earth than KC fans do.

Got ‘em right where we want ‘em. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just hoping the weather holds up. Mostly no wind. If so, I’m looking for bombs away in this one. I think we’ll want to run a tad more than we did against the Ravens, but I’d open the throttle way up and go right after them. We’ll need to go blow for blow and hope our defense can make a key situational stop or 2. 

Edited by TheProcess
  • Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was listening to the locked on nfl podcast and they have an an analyst from each team . The chiefs guy said he didn’t think the bills defense was as good as it was earlier in the year (I had to rewind to make sure I heard him right) and that the chiefs dominated them last time, he thought it could be a blowout. Mentioned WRs as a challenge but felt good that beasely is hurt. The comment about the defense was so off base... given the injuries at that time and the way the D has come together down the stretch.

So many national 'experts' are so wrong - if they aren't just going with the lazy popular narrative, they seem to just make stuff up.  I heard some national guy (can't remember who) say the Chiefs offense is so good, they decided to just run the ball down the Bills throat the first game instead of pass - like it was their game plan going into the game.  Never mind that it was the Bills defensive scheme for the game inviting them to run that dictated it.   A good adjustment to be sure, but there's no way they went into the game planning to do that.

4 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Just hoping the weather holds up. Mostly no wind. If so, I’m looking for bombs away in this one. I think we’ll want to run a tad more than we did against the Ravens, but I’d open the throttle way up and go right after them. We’ll need to go blow for blow and hope our defense can make a key situational stop or 2. 

ironically, the weather is looking pretty perfect in Buffalo next week— 20’s and no wind.  Apparently, can’t win with the weather! 

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Kind of interested in how KC defends the Bills. In the first game, they blitzed Josh a lot.  He was pretty so-so against it, making them pay with his legs a few times, but otherwise didn’t do much damage finding open guys in the passing game. 

Will they blitz him, or rush 4 and try to play coverage, similar to what Baltimore mostly did? 

Spags and the KC defense simulate pressure, A LOT!  Even the 1st time we played them, they blitzed as you said, but then brought their safeties down and bailed to a cover 2 press man look (Baltimore tried to mimic this against us, IMO).

I'm more concerned we figure out the bailing safeties.  Best way to defeat that is with a quick hitting run play, while the safeties are flying back.  Its tough, makes the Qb want to check out of the run and to a pass when you see 8 or even 9 down in the box.  This is why I think we need to run some "tempo", get some snaps at like 15 left on the playclock and then this will help later in the game if we make them show their looks quicker, allowing us to adjust.  

Also think being under center and running more playaction, and of course mixing in some runs will definitely help.  Dropping into shotgun as much as we did against Bmore would be a mistake IMO.  Best drive was our opening 3rd qtr drive where we mixed in under center, with thr shotgun looks.  Its a copy cat league and I'm confident Daboll will have them ready.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

1st thing that needs to be addressed here....The Chiefs defense is good.  This isn't the 2018 Chiefs D...it was good last year...it's good this year.  Ranked top 3 VS the pass, and if you minus out the week 17 game where we played all backups...KC was 6th best in total points....furthermore..KC LED THE LEAUGE in fewest receptions allowed to WR's.  

Tyrann Mathieu is every bit as good as you've ever heard or thought he was....and we have a kids playing CB named L'Jarious Sneed who does everything...he's the best CB you've never heard of...go look him up.  Baker had 200 yards passing today.  KC didn't get torn up by their run game either.  It was a good performance.

Also...I saw some talk here that Bashaud Breeland, one of our CB, was out during the game and went to concussion protocol....true...but again...go look at rankigns...ALL our CB are good.  Fenton was out today with an ankle..he'll be back next week.

CEH will be back.

Now, as far as Mahomes...what you might not have noticed was he RAN to the locker room on his own after leaving the feield...he didn't take a hit..but he was jerked by teh neck and kind of choked.  I'm not saying he wasn't concussed, but he came around pretty quick.  I expect him back.

Buffalo is a good team and belongs in the AFCCG...I am looking forward to it.  

As far as the Chiefs fan base....Internet Chiefs fans are.......pretty crappy.  As I said, I don't do Chiefs Planet...I am in some facebook groups...but 80% of the poeple on there....not the sharpest.

There is a major divide...seems like we have about 20% of our fans...who are super knowledgable and very gracious and would invite any bills fan to a tailgate and have beers....and then there are the internet fans.....75% of the fans you'd encounter at a Chiefs game at arrowhead would be good....the others are camaroheads....and they are ridiculed and denouced by the rest of us.  It is what it is.

I can't wait for this game....I of course want KC to win...but I can't express how pleased I am that after the trade, and then you guys getting Allen...how it's all worked out and now here in 2021 we are the top 2 teams left standing in the AFC....who would have thunk it?  Good luck this Sunday.....but GOOOOO CHIEFFFS!

Yeah, it’s an absolutely fantastic matchup.  

I did not know CEH is supposed to be back on Sunday.  How much did the Chiefs miss him while he was out?

1 hour ago, downunderbill said:

The entire KC online fanbase seems to be just like Nick Wright, in their mind there is just no possible way they can lose, even if Henne starts.

It's not just the Bills, there is no respect for any team. No fanbase deserves to lose a game more to come back to Earth than KC fans do.

And they were a miracle scramble by a scrub QB away from possibly not even playing this weekend

37 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

might just be turf toe.  

Concussion-like symptoms only occur if someone squeezes the toe artery just right

Edited by stevewin
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was watching the highlights of his catches and something jumped out on the fourth catch--Singletary flying up to block.  A typical Billsy play now, and thought he deserved kudos.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/every-catch-by-stefon-diggs-from-his-106-yard-receiving-game-afc-divisional-roun

Edited by TPS
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Spags and the KC defense simulate pressure, A LOT!  Even the 1st time we played them, they blitzed as you said, but then brought their safeties down and bailed to a cover 2 press man look (Baltimore tried to mimic this against us, IMO).

I'm more concerned we figure out the bailing safeties.  Best way to defeat that is with a quick hitting run play, while the safeties are flying back.  Its tough, makes the Qb want to check out of the run and to a pass when you see 8 or even 9 down in the box.  This is why I think we need to run some "tempo", get some snaps at like 15 left on the playclock and then this will help later in the game if we make them show their looks quicker, allowing us to adjust.  

Also think being under center and running more playaction, and of course mixing in some runs will definitely help.  Dropping into shotgun as much as we did against Bmore would be a mistake IMO.  Best drive was our opening 3rd qtr drive where we mixed in under center, with thr shotgun looks.  Its a copy cat league and I'm confident Daboll will have them ready.

Allen mentioned that both the Titans and KC may have shown pressure looks, but they both used split-safeties 2-deep zone defenses that he struggled to figure out.

Since then just about every team has done the same thing and Allen has learned how to patiently move the ball and when to take his shots. There were some exceptions. The 49ers tried to mix things up, but Allen picked them apart, Pittsburgh sold out on bringing the extra men and trying to get more hits on Allen, and Baltimore played more zone than I expected - especially considering that their DBs are some of the best in man coverage.

Allen just is not the same QB he was when they first faced off, but Dabs and all the coaching staff will have their hands full this week.

• Like (+1) 1

Soooo... come next Monday, when we’re On to Tampa, I hope McD has delegated to a staffer to prepare a Super Bowl Prep Manual (which obviously has a heavy anti Covid Chapter) for the next 2 weeks. To be handed out, after the AFC Championship locker celebration. 

By and large, this is a team with young leaders. Young leaders, who have NO idea, what’s about to hit them! They are about to be the toast of at least 1/2 the NFL, with anybody and everybody desiring access. 

On top of it, EVERY attempt will be made to compare and contrast the Glory Years with this group. There will be constant interviews with Jim, Thurman, Bruce, Darryl, Marv, etc. Etc.

Being in the moment will be the biggest challenge.
I do not want Josh & Co to wake up to the moment, until winning it!

GO BILLS!

34 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Great thoughts! 

1 hour ago, Turbo44 said:

In first game vs KC we had a lot of injuries, Josh was playing through an injury that a lot of QBs wouldn’t plus we were still being jerked around by the NFL cuz of covid. This game will be different 

Playing coverage is the best bet presently because we do not run with authority 👍

Edited by Golden
Quote attached to wrong post
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago,  Miyagi-Do Karate said: 

Kind of interested in how KC defends the Bills. In the first game, they blitzed Josh a lot.  He was pretty so-so against it, making them pay with his legs a few times, but otherwise didn’t do much damage finding open guys in the passing game. 
       Will they blitz him, or rush 4 and try to playcoverage, similar to what Baltimore mostly did? 

Playing coverage is the best bet presently because we do not run with authority 👍

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

I'm in no rush for a new stadium and it's the most expensive option, but maybe a retractable roof is the way to go when the time comes and if the owners pony up a lot of the dough. 

I'm in no rush either. But I've been thinking lately maybe they could put a roof with a hole in it like they did in Miami.  Would still be cold, but fans would not be hammered by rain/snow/ice while players would still be in the elements.

• Like (+1) 1