AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

23 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Every show I watched today talked about the two FGs that Tucker missed in the game.  "The game would have been much closer if he made those".  Yadda yadda yadda.  get it.  He's a terrific kicker.

But not one of these shows mentioned that the Bills also missed two FGs, with a pretty dang good rookie.  

Amen!  There were two missed field goals on either side, so the net effect on the closeness of the final score was...zero.  Furthermore, they were all comparable distances so it's not like the Colts FG kicker missed chip shots while the Bills FG kicker missed prayer wheel spinners (41 and 46; 43 and 44).

It's like pundits talking about the Colts game and how it came down to they could have won on the last play, and not mentioning that the refs totally blew a Fumble call that would have ended the game right there.

It was freakin' windy

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Amen!  There were two missed field goals on either side, so the net effect on the closeness of the final score was...zero.  Furthermore, they were all comparable distances so it's not like the Colts FG kicker missed chip shots while the Bills FG kicker missed prayer wheel spinners (41 and 46; 43 and 44).

It's like pundits talking about the Colts game and how it came down to they could have won on the last play, and not mentioning that the refs totally blew a Fumble call that would have ended the game right there.

It was freakin' windy

Yeah, the real news there should have been MAKING a FG in those winds! 

We won close playoff games, but felt in control. Without the winds we probably have an easier time vs the Ravens. We finished the regular season strong. The Chiefs have won nothing BUT close games for a couple months. I don’t have a clue how this ends, but we have a real shot at this! That’s all I can ask for at this point. 

GO BILLS! 

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I just heard Willie McGinnest on NFL Total Access say that the only way the Bills have a chance against the Chiefs is to run the ball. He said their passing game is too high powered for us to keep up. He also said the Bucs and Chiefs would be in the SuperBowl. Once a Patriot* always a Patriot*.

Let me math this for him

The Chiefs have 4854 passing yards on 630 attempts.

The Bills have    4620 passing yards on 596 attempts.

That means the Chiefs have 234 more yards than the Bills, on 34 more attempts....giving them 14.6 more pass yards per game.

Now I don't want to minimize an extra 14.6 ypg.  It could be the difference between a 1st down and a punt, or a TD vs a FG

It just doesn't strike me as "out of your league, you can't keep up", especially when it goes along with more attempts

And when the two teams played a different schedule with different opponents

The Bills and Chiefs have exactly the same number of passing TDs (40) and NY/A passing (7.4)

Now I could just be a dummy, but if I were gonna pick something that would really be a difference in the game, I woulda said "Run game"

The Chiefs are significantly more successful in rush YPA...4.5 which is above the league average of 4.4, vs the Bills at 4.2, which is below league average.

The Chiefs have 76 more rush yards on 8 fewer attempts.  Now again, that's only an extra 4.8 ypg.  But that can tend to be the difference between converting a 3rd or 4th down, or failing to do so.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Let me math this for him

The Chiefs have 4854 passing yards on 630 attempts.

The Bills have    4620 passing yards on 596 attempts.

That means the Chiefs have 234 more yards than the Bills, on 34 more attempts....giving them 14.6 more pass yards per game.

Now I don't want to minimize an extra 14.6 ypg.  It could be the difference between a 1st down and a punt, or a TD vs a FG

It just doesn't strike me as "out of your league, you can't keep up", especially when it goes along with more attempts

The Bills and Chiefs have exactly the same number of passing TDs (40) and NY/A passing (7.4)

Now I could just be a dummy, but if I were gonna pick something that would really be a difference in the game, I woulda said "Run game"

The Chiefs are significantly more successful in rush YPA...4.5 which is above the league average of 4.4, vs the Bills at 4.2, which is below league average.

The Chiefs have 76 more rush yards on 8 fewer attempts.  Now again, that's only an extra 4.8 ypg.  But that can tend to be the difference between converting a 3rd or 4th down, or failing to do so.

Great post, Hap.

Please also math for us what it takes for a football commenter to pass from impartial, to partial, to just being a pure peon lacking any reason like Willie.

...honest to goodness, it’s like Winnie the Pooh telling Piglet the best way to keep his honey safe is to leave it just outside the front door.

• Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Great post, Hap.

Please also math for us what it takes for a football commenter to pass from impartial, to partial, to just being a pure peon lacking any reason like Willie.

...honest to goodness, it’s like Winnie the Pooh telling Piglet the best way to keep his honey safe is to leave it just outside the front door.

Can't do.

I'm not even sure he does it for the clicks and views like Mr. Mustard Eyes

• Agree 1

Cool interactions today: 

- Had a coworker who is a Ravens fan say he was prepared to not talk to me for a couple days, but that because of what the Mafia is doing for Lamar he is happily rooting for the Bills going forward and he’s okay with it!

- Had a guy at a spot I was delivering point to my Bills hat and say he’s pulling for us the rest of the way as his team (the 49ers) weren’t able to make the playoffs this year.

Its a heck of a time to be alive folks....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

The entire KC online fanbase seems to be just like Nick Wright, in their mind there is just no possible way they can lose, even if Henne starts.

It's not just the Bills, there is no respect for any team. No fanbase deserves to lose a game more to come back to Earth than KC fans do.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

Tucker is arguably the best kicker in the league and maybe the best of this generation. It's a huge thing that he missed two kicks. Bass is gonna have a great career, but a rookie missing two kicks in a windy playoff game isn't as big a shock.

Hard to bet against Brady in the playoffs.

Correction,  Hard to bet against Tom in a dome, easy to bet against Tom outside in Green Bay in January in the elements. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Eyeroll 1

35 minutes ago, downunderbill said:

The entire KC online fanbase seems to be just like Nick Wright, in their mind there is just no possible way they can lose, even if Henne starts.

It's not just the Bills, there is no respect for any team. No fanbase deserves to lose a game more to come back to Earth than KC fans do.

They got the right to be confident IMO

Chiefs are the defending champs, only lost 1 meaningful game this year, and they are at home for this game.

In saying that, Us as bills fans also have the right to be confident as well, as the bills have a damn good team

Edited by BillsFan130

9 hours ago, cv05 said:

I'll be interested to see if Milano shows up on the injury report tomorrow. Look at about 50 seconds - he looks a little unsteady on his feet after a hit to the head, maybe a concussion?

Pinched nerve

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Cool interactions today: 

- Had a coworker who is a Ravens fan say he was prepared to not talk to me for a couple days, but that because of what the Mafia is doing for Lamar he is happily rooting for the Bills going forward and he’s okay with it!

- Had a guy at a spot I was delivering point to my Bills hat and say he’s pulling for us the rest of the way as his team (the 49ers) weren’t able to make the playoffs this year.

Its a heck of a time to be alive folks....

We actually have a bandwagon.

It'll take some getting used to.

• Haha (+1) 2

Kind of interested in how KC defends the Bills. In the first game, they blitzed Josh a lot.  He was pretty so-so against it, making them pay with his legs a few times, but otherwise didn’t do much damage finding open guys in the passing game. 

Will they blitz him, or rush 4 and try to play coverage, similar to what Baltimore mostly did? 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thats excellent. Earlier this season I doubted his schemes but have been proven wrong. This past weekend's Defense was schemed to perfection. Jackson was basically operating in a 2x2 box which is clearly not his strength. The commitment to stopping the run and Jackson's scrambles, the composure of the players and the adherence to the plan won us that game. Kudos to Frazier.  

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Kind of interested in how KC defends the Bills. In the first game, they blitzed Josh a lot.  He was pretty so-so against it, making them pay with his legs a few times, but otherwise didn’t do much damage finding open guys in the passing game. 

Will they blitz him, or rush 4 and try to play coverage, similar to what Baltimore mostly did? 

In first game vs KC we had a lot of injuries, Josh was playing through an injury that a lot of QBs wouldn’t plus we were still being jerked around by the NFL cuz of covid. This game will be different 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Chiefs Kingdom (or whatever they call themselves) "Throwing down" on us:

Holy Crap - just need to read the comments to see that guy is a Class A clown.  Not worth anyone's time