AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

7 minutes ago, eball said:

Yes, I know he had one fumble we recovered, but aside from that Josh played essentially mistake-free football and led the Bills into scoring position four times with less than 25 minutes of possession time.  Gabe dropped a TD and Bass missed two kicks.  He didn't throw anything even close to being picked off and still completed 62% in that wind.  Anyone "worried" about Josh Allen or the offense needs to stand down.

Great points especially about getting the Bills into scoring position four different times.  Allen also directed a nice drive early in the 4th that used up five and half minutes and got us to midfield from where we punted them down to the 10.

Without a running game and the Bills unwilling to let Allen run the ball himself into the teeth of a ball punching, fumble creating Ravens D (which was a smart thing) we were always going to struggle to sustain drives once the wind kicked up. That we did sustain a few drives is pretty amazing IMO.

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

What probability of playing is assigned to Mahomes in that predictor, or does it simply assume he definitely plays?

If he's out, it's gonna be a lot higher than 53% in Bills' favor.

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

hard to say. W/o Mahomes the odds should favor the Bills by more is my guess 

The 53% is the FPI factoring in mahomes being a 50/50 shot to play. It moves to 61% if he's a go and 32% with Henne... There was a write up on ESPN this morning.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Fans, understandably so, wanted the best possible matchup in our playoff games.

We wanted Miami......didn't get them.

We wanted Pittsurgh.....didn't get them.

We wanted Cleveland....didn't get them.

And, after we dispatch the Chiefs, I suspect we won't get Tampa Bay, either.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, The Wiz said:

One of the youtube doctors described this as something similar to hit to the carotid artery in MMA.  Basically you suffer an instant loss of blood flow to the brain for a split second which causes you to look like Mahomes did.  Which I think was definitely the case on this play with how the defenders arm was wrapped around Mahomes neck.

Something hinky going on here, 1st w carotid rationale business, and/but(?) now nerve issue is the problem.

With due respect to this doc (not ref you personally), he obviously knows med piece, but must not know anything about carotid techniques or mma (aka, mcamp/combatives).

Don't know what a "hit" to carotid is, but it would be a rare successful strike...not incl combat gsw, which is damn near fatal. More to the point are carotid chokes, often a "rear naked choke".

It's happened to me many times (aka, my a** kicked up and down), and I've handed out one or two.

Even w, say, 2-3s of carotid choke, recovery is surprisingly quick...you do NOT look like PH did. Or at least I've never seen it.

Squeeze long enough, no doubt you can really hurt someone. Also, imo, guillotine choke (cuts air supply) is more dangerous, esp as some techniques crank the neck.

Not saying I'm the Great Martial Artist (most definitely not) but this is well known amongst practicioners.

Personally, I've decided this is a complex conspiracy, meant to gin up ratings. //sarc

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Chiefs Kingdom (or whatever they call themselves) "Throwing down" on us:

TWO SCORES = Nine (9) points.

Was 1 score (13-10) at the half and 1 score(23-17) with 6:34 left in the 4th Q

Differences on Bills Offense:

-changes at both guard positions LG Ford->Boettger RG Winters->Feliciano

-Knox out

-Josh Allen playing with "linebacker brace" 2 weeks post shoulder injury in LV

-John Brown knee injury

Differences on Bills Defense:

-Matt Milanoooooo out

-Levi Wallace out

-Harrison Phillips inactive ("healthy" scratch but working his way back from injury)

-Edmunds playing his way back from injury

-Tre' White playing his way back from injury

-AJ Klein still looking for his "light bulb" to go on

So let's recap:

-Close game, within 1 score and winnable most of game

-offensive line different at 2 of 5 positions (better IMO)

-QB and #2 WR both playing injured

-Missing #2 LB and #2 CB

-#1 LB and #1 CB both playing injured

-Backup #2 LB learning his position

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

McD saying run games a focus this week means absolutely nothing. Bills are going to chuck the ball all day Sunday(again as they should)..... it’s what got them this far. Put the ball in Allen’s hands on just about every offensive play, IMO. 

I missed this, where did McDermott say that this week?

Fans comparing our week 6 matchup or any teams that both the bills and Cheifs played and who beat who by this much Yada Yada is totally pointless. This is the afc championship game. There's alot more at stake in this game. 

The better team will win. I've accepted the fact that the bills are playing one of the best teams in the NFL and could lose. I also know that McDermott knows what's at stake and will fight/play to the death. My hope is this game doesn't have any stupid calls by the refs that could potentially change the out come. Like a bad pass interference call giving the cheifs a 1st and goal or something 

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Chiefs Kingdom (or whatever they call themselves) "Throwing down" on us:

TWO SCORES = Nine (9) points.

Was 1 score (13-10) at the half and 1 score(23-17) with 6:34 left in the 4th Q

Differences on Bills Offense:

-changes at both guard positions LG Ford->Boettger RG Winters->Feliciano

-Knox out

-Josh Allen playing with "linebacker brace" 2 weeks post shoulder injury in LV

-John Brown knee injury

Differences on Bills Defense:

-Matt Milanoooooo out

-Levi Wallace out

-Harrison Phillips inactive ("healthy" scratch but working his way back from injury)

-Edmunds playing his way back from injury

-Tre' White playing his way back from injury

-AJ Klein still looking for his "light bulb" to go on

So let's recap:

-Close game, within 1 score and winnable most of game

-offensive line different at 2 of 5 positions (better IMO)

-QB and #2 WR both playing injured

-Missing #2 LB and #2 CB

-#1 LB and #1 CB both playing injured

-Backup #2 LB learning his position

I was listening to the locked on nfl podcast and they have an an analyst from each team . The chiefs guy said he didn’t think the bills defense was as good as it was earlier in the year (I had to rewind to make sure I heard him right) and that the chiefs dominated them last time, he thought it could be a blowout. Mentioned WRs as a challenge but felt good that beasely is hurt. The comment about the defense was so off base... given the injuries at that time and the way the D has come together down the stretch.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Fans comparing our week 6 matchup or any teams that both the bills and Cheifs played and who beat who by this much Yada Yada is totally pointless. This is the afc championship game. There's alot more at stake in this game. 

The better team will win. I've accepted the fact that the bills are playing one of the best teams in the NFL and could lose. I also know that McDermott knows what's at stake and will fight/play to the death. My hope is this game doesn't have any stupid calls by the refs that could potentially change the out come. Like a bad pass interference call giving the cheifs a 1st and goal or something 

...  or a fumble through the end zone for a touchback with to an uncalled targeting penalty initiating the fumble.

• Agree 2

I'm so excited for this match-up.  It was weird - part of me was hoping it would end up this way, even though logic dictated that of course we'd prefer to face the Browns.

It's just the best against the best.  I see the Chiefs as being so similar to us: high-flying pass attack, all kinds of weapons, elite QB's, great coaching, defenses that are solid and opportunistic, but more in the "bend don't break" mode.

It's almost like looking in a mirror.  If pressed, I might admit that their offense is just a little bit better, as is there defense - but the differences are fairly negligible.  We can keep up in a track meet w/ them, which is what I expect.  Outcome could be a "whoever gets the ball last" thing....

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, eball said:

Cue the "I don't get it with Phillips" crowd that was out in full force earlier this season as the guy was recovering from ACL surgery.

Double ACL surgery actually, he had surgery on both knees though one was worse than the other

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Great points especially about getting the Bills into scoring position four different times.  Allen also directed a nice drive early in the 4th that used up five and half minutes and got us to midfield from where we punted them down to the 10.

Without a running game and the Bills unwilling to let Allen run the ball himself into the teeth of a ball punching, fumble creating Ravens D (which was a smart thing) we were always going to struggle to sustain drives once the wind kicked up. That we did sustain a few drives is pretty amazing IMO.

Allen’s game was very similar to Brady’s game Vs NO; they both limited mistakes while the opposing qb made lethal mistakes. Noted on Allen’s game:

1. Only one 3 and out

2. as somebody mentioned, could have put 27 on the Board if not for the two missed fgs and Gabriel’s drop

3. The wind was brutal. If you watch the replay of the long ball to diggs where he was clear by 5 yards, the ball looked perfectly thrown but when it was coming down the wind ducktailed it 5 yards to the right.

• Awesome! (+1) 1